• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations Sparkling Dessert party gone?

frostymojo

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this has been discussed before but I can't find anything online about it. I have been looking for dates in early February for Illuminations Sparkling dessert party for the past month and I don't see anything past the end of December. I called the reservations line and they can't see anything past the end of December either. Has anyone heard if this is being cancelled? This would be unfortunate as it is me and my husbands favorite event and try to do it each trip? Anyone heard anything?

It may likely be in a different place, done in a different way, maybe at a different price.

Or maybe not.

Well they just listed the January schedule but it's only 2 days a week and I won't be at Epcot either of those days. >:(

I apologize if this has been discussed before but I can't find anything online about it. I have been looking for dates in early February for Illuminations Sparkling dessert party for the past month and I don't see anything past the end of December. I called the reservations line and they can't see anything past the end of December either. Has anyone heard if this is being cancelled? This would be unfortunate as it is me and my husbands favorite event and try to do it each trip? Anyone heard anything?
They don't normally open the dates for this very far out. I'm going in a couple weeks, but my date didn't open up until about a month ago.

I attended this is 2014 and thought it was dreadful. Unless its changed almost entirely since then - price, location, drinks and snacks etc I would advise against it.

I am hoping for something new at Epcot for our upcoming trip in March 2017. If the "but" is a hike in price then I'm not interested but if it is something NEW at a reasonable price then I am. Here's hoping that someone in Disney hears me. Such a beautiful night time display!
A seat would be appreciated.How hard is it to set up a few tables and chairs?
Hugs Mel

I want to know the but, too. This is how we have traditionally ended our trip and I hope it continues, if even in a different form.

Hmmm .... seems to be a big difference here ... maybe changes coming?

Admission to the IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party with Wine
costs just $49 for adults and $29 for children ages 3 to 9—tax and gratuity included.

Admission to the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party
costs $79 per adult and $47 per child (ages 3 to 9) plus tax and gratuity.

Come on, people spill it! If you're in the know and can't risk telling, then tell Robo. :chat:

Just food for thought ....

WISHES Dessert Party

Summer 2014 --- $29.00 Price it had been since inception
Spring 2015 --- $49.00 They added table clothes & lanterns
Spring 2016 --- $59.00 They added (not for long) day bookings to move to lawn
Fall 2016 --- $79.00 They have 2 versions; terrace view and lawn view

SERIOUSLY in 2 years the price has jumped 270% with virtually no true addition in value ...

Additions: Tablecloth, Lantern, Sparkling Cider ....... option of view locations
Deletions: Assigned seating, ability to stand at rail (seems to vary) - both huge issues for me

MY OPINION:
The losses are greater than the additions,
especially FOR ME because it's an old fireworks show.

Bring in new show with the new projection, game changer.

So a "wild guess"
1. new projection show
2. New Location
3 .New pricing
**************still need to add chairs please *******************
Hugs Mel

IllumiNations was a series of nightly fireworks shows at Epcot before IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth was created in 1999 for the Millennium Celebration.
18 years old

OF all the dessert parties, the Illuminations was my least favorite. No area to sit, they make you wait in a line for 30+ minutes prior to being allowed inside. I did not enjoy it at all. The view was great, but there is no real bad views from anywhere around the lagoon.

I'm confused by this statement. Once you check in and get your wristband, which you can do long before the party starts, you're free to leave and come back at any time. If you choose to, you may get in the Que, but that's totally up to you. The only advantage of being towards the front of the line is that you'll be able to select a table which you think has a good view. But that isn't that big a deal because you're guaranteed a table. And if you don't end up with a table that has a good view, you can move to a spot that does as there is plenty of space to move around in.

That is a huge advantage. I don't want to have to move to a viewing spot, leaving my table, plate etc. When you read reviews there are plenty that complain about their view from their table. I've gone a few times to the area to look at the setup and I have never booked because of how they have the tables set up, some far back from water.

It's just like Wishes they used assign tables, most thinking in order of booking. Then it turned to a free for all, and many reports saying you had to stay at your table, no rail views ..... your only option is get in line long before they let you inside.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter