Illuminations music on ABC!

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Turned on ABC this morning and the background music for Good Morning America's coverage of the Inarguration seemd familar....

Finally figured it out, it's the Illuminations music!

Anybody watching the ABC inauguration coverage? Good Morning America was using the Illuminations music during their 2 hours, and now when they start the "regular" coverage - more of it! DD and I were in the car listening and we both shrieked when we heard it.

Brought back memories of our recent trip. We love Illuminations, especially the music, and the soundtrack is usually in my CD player.

I was just going to post that too, but you guys beat me to it!:cool1:

I woke up, turned ABC on, and thought "Wow, that is Epcot music!":goodvibes

Duh, I just realized it is ABC, and they are Disney!:rotfl2: No wonder they can play that piece. I wonder why they chose it though.:scratchin

LOL! I was just looking through my Disney collection to see if it was really that music, or if I just had Disney on the brain! Thanks for verifying that I'm not crazy!!!!:cool1:

I woke up, turned ABC on, and thought "Wow, that is Epcot music!":goodvibes

Lol. Same here. I heard it and just had to turn up the volume, even though it was only 430AM here (hawaii), to make sure I wasn't hearing things wrong. Then jumped on the comp to write about it. Make me all giddy they are using it.:cool1:

I noticed that. I was like, WOW!!! Illuminations!!! Well ABC is owned by Disney...

OK thought I was going crazy when I recognized the music. Glad I wasn't the only one who heard it!

I noticed that. I was like, WOW!!! Illuminations!!! Well ABC is owned by Disney...

Not exactly sure what music you are referring to. Personally can't remember what is played at Illuminations, but they are using a lot of Aaron Copeland music in DC . A lot of it is just Presidential sounding:-)

Where can I buy this music or any of the music played at Epcot?

Call 407-363-6200 and you can order it from Disney World. The CD is called lluminations: Reflections of Earth, and includes Reflections of Earth, We Go On, Tapestry of Dreams, and Promise. Running time is about 40 minutes. No ISBN on the case, but they will be able to find it for you. :thumbsup2

OMG I was in my kitchen and thought that sounds very Disneyish, they must have used a Disney composer!LOL :goodvibes

OK, on ABC, I think I just heard Illuminations music playing during the commercial break transition during the Inauguration coverage. Have I not known all along that the music played during Illuminations is well-known patriotic music, or are they playing the actual Illuminations music?

I've merged several similar threads together and moved the thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

Oops, guess I better have looked more closely before I posted! So I'm not the only one that noticed it, thought I was hearing things for a minute. :)

I got really excited to hear the music on TV. I love this music, and we listen to this CD all the time!

As anyone else been watching the Inauguration events on ABC? I've mainly been listening while doing other things, and I keep looking up every time they go to commercial as it sounds like Illuminations is playing. I know Disney owns ABC and Illuminations isn't all original music, but it's still kinda cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter