Illuminations FP+ Viewing Area

tinkerbell615

DIS Veteran
Can I have your thoughts on the Illuminations FP+ viewing area? Do you think it is a good spot for viewing? I would just like to get everyone's opinion.

Thanks in advance!

I personally think there are much better options around the promenade than wasting a FP on the area. It will be crowded. I know there have been other questions about this topic so you may want to search for the responses. I personally and not a fan of the area, but I have a couple of spots that I love to watch the fireworks.

I personally think there are much better options around the promenade than wasting a FP on the area. It will be crowded. I know there have been other questions about this topic so you may want to search for the responses. I personally and not a fan of the area, but I have a couple of spots that I love to watch the fireworks.

Thank you. We have always pretty much watched from the same spot each time. We really like it. I just thought if the FP+ spot was a good one we'd give it a try. Maybe we'll just stick to what we know. Thank you for your response.

Another thing to consider is wind. If the wind blows the smoke into the FP+ area, you don't have a lot of flexibility. If you are finding your own spot, you can make sure you are upwind so you don't get smoke in your face.

Another thing to consider is wind. If the wind blows the smoke into the FP+ area, you don't have a lot of flexibility. If you are finding your own spot, you can make sure you are upwind so you don't get smoke in your face.
I completely agree with this statement. That is why I have a few different locations around the promenade that will offer different locations depending on the wind. It is always good to have options.

Good question OP! I am also thinking about a FP for Illuminations. We have never seen Illuminations so this November will be our first time. My only concern is that I would have to stake out an area hours ahead time in order to get a good spot like Wishes if I don't have a FP.

Good question OP! I am also thinking about a FP for Illuminations. We have never seen Illuminations so this November will be our first time. My only concern is that I would have to stake out an area hours ahead time in order to get a good spot like Wishes if I don't have a FP.

Illuminations happens all over the Lagoon. In my time I've watched if easily over 100 times (yay for being a crowd control CM in Epcot!) and I can usually find a spot about 15 minutes prior. As long as you aren't going on a weekend during Food and Wine there will be plenty of good spots. Just make sure you can clearly see the middle of the lagoon and the barges. If on of the islands is blocking your way then move. I particularly like to go up to the deck of the Tokyo restaurants and watch from there. Many people think you can't stand up there but you can and it is almost never crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter