Illuminations DP ? UK Upper view

JaxTeach

DIS Veteran
I've now been given the option to switch my DP location. We have a small group and our WP has suggested the UK Upper Terrace. The location itself looks very nice. We will save a little money by not having to setup tables & chairs. Has anyone had their DP at the UK Upper? How is the view of the fireworks? We will have Randy taking pictures at our DP so I want to make sure this is a good option for us. We are currently booked at Morocco.

Thanks for any information!! :)

Last time I was there I watched Illuminations from the UK Upper Terrace. It is a really good view. It also has a wall around it that can seperate your guests from other park guests, which is nice. The only down side is that wall, which is around waste high (or up to chest high is certain areas) will keep you from getting full photos. I imagine you could go down to the lower terrace to take some if you need/want full body shots.

I have attended a DP at UK Upper and really enjoyed it.

I agree with PrincessBride07 about the full photos but I would also have to say that some of the shots from Upper to Lower differ because instead of the railings in the pictures in UK Lower you get more foilage in the shots. Foilage is a preference to me than railings but that just is a personal preference.

I don't think you will be disappointed with your photos because Randy has taken a good few photos of brides and grooms from the Upper and he knows Illuminations very well and the timing of the fireworks so it will be good.

And yeah the other good thing about the Upper is not having to pay out for set-up tables and chairs :)

Again I have been to a DP at Morocco and whilst it is a good location my preference would be to have UK Upper over it.

Hope that helps

Thank you both for your reply! I'm so excited now to have our DP moved!! That is exactly what I needed to hear, Sam, a comparison of Morocco and UK Upper. DF and I will have to check out the view on our trip in 3 weeks.

Thanks again! :goodvibes

This is where we had our dessert party and it was great! Everyone thought it was the highlight of the wedding. The area is so secluded and it really feels like you have IllumiNations all for you! You will love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter