***Illuminations Cruises-what they are-how to book-FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt realize that the same boats do either Illuminations or the fireworks. I thought there were certain boats designated for each. Thanks.

gibbys1

Sorry if I was confusing you. There are dedicated boats for the MK fireworks cruises and the Epcot Specialty cruises.

There are four pontoon boats plus the Breathless which operate from the BWI and YC piers.

What SamanthaL was saying is that you could also rent the boats at other times during the day (and obviously not see illuminations).

I hope this didn't confuse you more.

Ed

Sorry guys. I think I understand now. Thanks so much!

Thankyou betterlatethannever! You made it seem so easy to explain.

Hakim, there are only 4 pontoon boats dedicated for the Illuminations specialty cruise. The other boats are for the MK fireworks.

Originally posted by nativetxn
Hakim, there are only 4 pontoon boats dedicated for the Illuminations specialty cruise. The other boats are for the MK fireworks.

I am sorry to correct you, but there are 6 pontoon boats at IllumiNations and Breathless. Breathless and 5 pontoons depart from Bayside Marina at Yacht Club, and 1 Pontoon departs from Boardwalk. The boats then park 3 abreast on each side of the bridge between United Kingdom and France. Breathless parks in front of the six pontoon boats.
The number of boats here has nothing to do with the Magic Kingdom Cruises, since they are in a different lake and dispatched from the Magic Kingdom Resorts.
Please believe me, I know this for fact.

LOL, Hakim. When I called WDW-PLAY this afternoon they told me 3 pontoons depart YC/BC. I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

NativeTXn kinda of topic but as a fellow Texan I love your "Texas Dead" motto. :bounce:

If we reserve a pontoon boat for the specialty cruise and the family that we are going with cancels can we just take the cruise ourselves? Granted we would incur the whole cost but just curious.

Thanks

Originally posted by gamomof2
If we reserve a pontoon boat for the specialty cruise and the family that we are going with cancels can we just take the cruise ourselves? Granted we would incur the whole cost but just curious.

Thanks

If you reserve a pontoon boat, it's your reservation. Any agreement you make with another party is made outside of your reservation. If they were to cancel, you could either pay the entire cost yourself, try to get another party to share the expence, or cancel your reservation as long as its >24 hours in advance.

This place is wonderful. Through your instructions, I was able to get the Illuminations cruise for my sons birthday and Cinderella's breakfast for my little girls'! Thank you for all the wonderful information. This should be our best tip ever.

Just an FYI,
I called yesterday to get a boat for December 7th (I got one yeah!) and the number that you have to hit for boats has changed to #5 from #4, I spoke to a woman Saturday before I had to make my mad dash to the phone Sunday morning and she said that you can hit any # and it brings you to the same people, but if you hit #5 it comes up with boats on thier screen so it is quicker....before it was #4 and that is now Tennis Reservations...
This might help you get in quicker since other folks might be hitting #4.

Also, another tip, when you call at 6:55 EST (I got in at 6:58 by my cable box time) as soon as it picks up hit 5, if the message keeps going it is closed, so hang up and redial! But, if the message stops and starts to transfer you, hold on...they are open!

I will post this on the other threads for Illuminations as well.

Thanks!

Stacey, that is great information to have, thank you so much!

Sorry, I'm a little confused. :confused:
What is the difference between the MK fireworks cruise and the Epcot speciality cruise? I am booked for the Illuminations cruise leaving the Boardwork -- this is the specialty cruise right? I've heard its a "must see." If the MK fireworks cruise is different, where do you book it? Cost, etc.?

Can you tell this is my first time to WDW!

Thanks for all you help! Less than 6 weeks to go and my mind is boggled with planning!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sorry, I'm a little confused. :confused:
What is the difference between the MK fireworks cruise and the Epcot speciality cruise? I am booked for the Illuminations cruise leaving the Boardwork -- this is the specialty cruise right? I've heard its a "must see." If the MK fireworks cruise is different, where do you book it? Cost, etc.?

Can you tell this is my first time to WDW!

Thanks for all you help! Less than 6 weeks to go and my mind is boggled with planning!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Anyone get an extra cruise for 12/10..
Tried this am, no luck..please let me know asap if you have an extra or can share.Thanks deb
This is for a friend & her hubby(big Disney fans) but they do not have a computer, so I'm posting for her & it's her birthday 12/10!!
We both called this am..but no luck!
Maybe someone out there got through twice!??
debbit@attbi.com :)

Brennyk, the MK fireworks cruise is a boat that takes you to the lagoon near the Magic Kingdom to view those fireworks. The Illuminations specialty cruise is a boat that takes you to view Illuminations at Epcot.

The cost is the same for both of these.

Pooh's Pal, you might want to post this request on the Illuminations Cruise Central for December, which you will find <b>HERE</b>

I have been following the instructions to a T all week and beginning to think I am the unluckies person on the face of the earth. Then this morning everything was going the same way and right at 7:00 my call was picked up out of the queue and I did it. We are celebrating my 40th birthday while we are down there and this is the one thing I really wanted to do.

{Just reposting here, since nobody on the October thread seems interested!}

My daughter and I just picked up a canceled reservation for the evening of Oct. 3rd (thanks to a DisBoarder for giving us the heads-up!).

It is the two of us, and two additional DisBoarders, so we have room for several more!

Please contact us at gerry@norvelldesigns.com .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter