ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cruise booked for October 14. It is just 2 of us, so if anyone is interested, please PM me.

If anyone has room on an Illumination Cruise October 15-19 for my husband & I...please let me know. We would love to join in.

You need to call 407-939-7529 exactly 90 days before the date you want to reserve. You can determine when to call by using the DIS's priority seating calculator if you CLICK HEREhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html

Since these cruises are so much in demand, start calling about 6:55 am est. If you get a recording that they are not open yet, disconnect and immediately hit redial. If you get the recording thanking you for calling hit #3 right away, as soon as the second recording begins press #2, when the third recording begins press either your reservation number or phone number and finish with the pound sign. Then press #1, then #2. This will take you to a reservationist, if you have to hold do not disconnect or you go to the bottom of the queue.

When the reservationist answers do not make small talk, immediately tell him/her that you want to reserve the 8PM specialty cruise for such and such date.Do not ask to reserve an Illuminations cruise or you will waste time hearing that there is no such thing. After you get your reservation you can talk all you want, but these cruises are very difficult to reserve and seconds count when thousands of people are competing for only 5 boats.

When the reservationist indicates that you have obtained the reservation, tell him/her that you want to see Illuminations. He/she will then make arrangements for your cruise to depart the marina about 1/2 hour before Illuminations begins.

You will be told that they cannot guarantee that you will see Illuminations. They tell you this because, if Illuminations is delayed for any reason, your boat will still return to the marina at the end of your hour. So far, there have been no known instances where Illuminations was not seen.

Katholyn

Does anyone know if you follow the same "path" as stated above for the WISHES cruises too? We've been on one, but it was reserved by my sister. I'd like to book one for my inlaws. They are going in February and I wanted it to be suprise for their anniversary. I doned it on a specific date so it's imperative, I have right "Path" to press the correct buttons to get to the reservationist. I'd like them to be picked up from O'hana's. Is that possible? They have ADR's that night...

Thanks!!!
Stacie

Does anyone know if you follow the same "path" as stated above for the WISHES cruises too? We've been on one, but it was reserved by my sister. I'd like to book one for my inlaws. They are going in February and I wanted it to be suprise for their anniversary. I doned it on a specific date so it's imperative, I have right "Path" to press the correct buttons to get to the reservationist. I'd like them to be picked up from O'hana's. Is that possible? They have ADR's that night...

Thanks!!!
Stacie

I made my Wishes cruise reservation by following these directions to the T. There wasn't even a question from the CM or a pause when I said I wanted a Specialty Cruise for Wishes. As a matter of fact, she may have even asked me, "Illuminations or Wishes?" Don't know about picking up at O'Hana's...perhaps someone else will know. We are having dinner at the Contemporary and being picked up at that marina.

Good luck!

Thanks!!!
Stacie

Stacie - I started calling at 6:55 a.m. on the morning I needed to reserve a Wishes cruise and got right in at 7 a.m. (I got a recording about the business hours before then). I told the CM that I wanted to reserve a Wishes cruise for 12/12/07 and that was it. No problems at all. I let her know that I wanted to leave from Ohana's as we have dinner reservations there also, and the type boat and decorations that I wanted. She was very friendly and helpful. If you call the 407-wdw-play number, they'll figure out the exact date that you need to call (90 days ahead of time). Good luck with your cruise and vacation.

BTW, I have room for 4 adults (or at least mostly adult) on a Wishes Celebration cruise on Wednesday, 12/12 leaving from Ohana's. Please PM if interested.

Hi All -

Going to WDW in December for DS's 7th birthday. I originally wanted an Illuminations cruise for his birthday, but they were all sold out and we got a Wishes cruise instead. My question is should I keep trying for the Illuminations or is the Wishes show better? We've never done a cruise before, so I have no idea what I am getting into! LOL

Help!

Thanks!
Lara

My DH and I are going down for our babymoon and are still looking to join someone or a family on either of these nights. Please PM me! Thanks!

Katie

Does Anyone Have Space Available On Any Of These Nights For 2 People? Our Boat Is Full And I Still Have A Mom And Son Interested But We Do Not Have Room For Them - Would Love To Hook Them Up. They Probably Would Not Be Able To Do One On The 17th As That Is The Day They Leave. Email Or Pm Me If You Have Space - It Is Her Son's Birthday! Thank You!

17 Days And Counting!!!

we again have 4 spots for our Cruise on Friday 10/26..must be at GF dock for 830, boat leaves at 900, hallowishes at 930pm......We are only looking to add another Active Family/ to mesh with our family....Private email me with who/ ages of your family if interested, Families with children only please to split the cost.....

thanks

Any chance that someone needs 2 more for a Wishes cruise on New Year's Eve? Maybe another night from 12/26-30? DD and I are going that week and we have a dinner ADR at Ohana's for NYE and, unfortunately, it just occurred to me that it would have been a nice thing for after dinner. I haven't tried for my own ressie yet. I will tomorrow if no one is interested but I imagine that it will be all booked. Please PM if anything is possible. Thanks! PS DD is 23.:santa:

Stacie - I started calling at 6:55 a.m. on the morning I needed to reserve a Wishes cruise and got right in at 7 a.m. (I got a recording about the business hours before then). I told the CM that I wanted to reserve a Wishes cruise for 12/12/07 and that was it. No problems at all. I let her know that I wanted to leave from Ohana's as we have dinner reservations there also, and the type boat and decorations that I wanted. She was very friendly and helpful. If you call the 407-wdw-play number, they'll figure out the exact date that you need to call (90 days ahead of time). Good luck with your cruise and vacation.

Thanks so much!!! I can't call til Nov 3, so wish me luck!!!

LegoJediMom:
Me personally--we've done both and there is something about WISHES that just does it for me... Maybe it's me, being a woman and the castle, I don't know, but they are both awesome and you guys will love either of them!!!

Thanks so much!!! I can't call til Nov 3, so wish me luck!!!

LegoJediMom:
Me personally--we've done both and there is something about WISHES that just does it for me... Maybe it's me, being a woman and the castle, I don't know, but they are both awesome and you guys will love either of them!!!

I just LOVE wishes too. If you are in the boat tho is it the same??? I wasn't sure about missing the castle and stuff like that. Can you see it well from the boat. And of course I would only want the one with piped in music!

Does anyone have an Illuminations Cruise for Nov. 1 that might have some room left for 3 adults (Me, DH, and my mom)?

I just LOVE wishes too. If you are in the boat tho is it the same??? I wasn't sure about missing the castle and stuff like that. Can you see it well from the boat. And of course I would only want the one with piped in music!

I've seen it at the castle and from the boat. You don't get the to see the full length of the castle, but it was was enough for me! We had the music piped in and it was just sooo awesome. It's a different view than from being right there under it, and just seemed very awe-inspiring... FANTASTIC!

Any chance that someone needs 2 more for a Wishes cruise on New Year's Eve? Maybe another night from 12/26-30? DD and I are going that week and we have a dinner ADR at Ohana's for NYE and, unfortunately, it just occurred to me that it would have been a nice thing for after dinner. I haven't tried for my own ressie yet. I will tomorrow if no one is interested but I imagine that it will be all booked. Please PM if anything is possible. Thanks! PS DD is 23.:santa:

We still have 2 spaces NYE pmed you

I am looking for 3 spots, 2 adults and 1 child (10yr old) for any of these nights. I know it's close but if someone has something open up we would really appreciate it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter