• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess. This is the information that I researched from the Dis website. Although it didn't say it, I would bet that this includes party favors and the like. These are the same items that are provided to guests at the parks and feel that they would be included in any NYE celebration at Disney. Of course, like anything there will be a premium to pay, look at the cost to get into Pleasure Island $99, of course the time span is longer.

Still feel that it is a deal. No crowds (for the midnight event), being at Walt Disney World and celebrating NYE with your family and a FEW Dis friends! PRICELESS:cool1:

OH YES forgot the hats and stuff--it would be more----and I do agree it will be nice being out there!!!

And NEW YEARS AT WALT DISNEY WORLD IS PRICE_LESS :wizard: (well ALMOST:rotfl2: )

We spent News Years EVE/DAY there in 1999/2000 and it was a PARTY FOR SURE-party: --we were right in Front of the Castle (having saved a spot from 9AM that morning:rolleyes1 ---(ok my family DID come back and WALK and WATER me :lmao: ) met alot of nice people waiting too!!:grouphug: And it was WONDRFUL!!!!!---:cloud9:
We stayed at the Contemporary so we didnt have to fight the masses after midnight--!!!

HAVE A BLAST:woohoo: --I KNOW you will!!!!!

If anyone has room for 6 people on a cruise from Dec 17, & 19-26th please let me know. Either cruise would be great. We have 2 adults, 15 yr, 14 yr, 12 yr and a 3 yr old in our party

I --TINK--NOT!!!!

My friend is telling me I am crazy--because I plan to give 2 seats away on a Wishes cruise :confused3

Heres the story----we MAY and we MAY not have 10 people for our WISHES cruise---and we will NOT know UNTIL it is the day of the cruise:confused3 --- It is a surprise Birthday cruise-- and 8 of the people WILL be at WDW and in the rooms at the Contemporary,,when we need to go down. to the dock :woohoo: ..the 2 other people are going to try and make it (they are local too),,but may not be able to---:confused:
Soooooooo I did not want to say I had spots open and plan to meet some one and then find out for sure all 10 were coming--didnt seem fair to me!
-

NOW I was thinking if the 2 do not make it:sad1: I was going to look for a couple,,,maybe waiting for a boat over to FW or some where--or maybe just strolling along enjoying the night -and see if they wanted to join us---and not ask for any money---I figured, we will be going with room for two more WHY NOT fill it up---and you can not just assume they would have money for their share--I can not find myself saying HI WOULD YA LIKE TO JOIN OUR CRUISE--that will be 60 bucks:lmao:

My friend says--just go and have more room----:sad2:

I think this would be a nice way to spread some PIXIE DUST pixiedust: on someone that may not be able to do a cruise--I AM PAYING THE $300.00 for the 8 or the 10 any way,,

I KNOW you great people on the DIS speak your mind and would tell me the truth-:scared: ----am I crazy????

Thanks

Tink, I've done that before. Back when they had one boat that left from the Boardwalk I just went to the line of folks waiting for the Epcot boat and asked if four folks would like to do the cruise, no problem finding takers. It's always nice to share the magic when possible.

I --TINK--NOT!!!!

My friend is telling me I am crazy--because I plan to give 2 seats away on a Wishes cruise :confused3

Heres the story----we MAY and we MAY not have 10 people for our WISHES cruise---and we will NOT know UNTIL it is the day of the cruise:confused3 --- It is a surprise Birthday cruise-- and 8 of the people WILL be at WDW and in the rooms at the Contemporary,,when we need to go down. to the dock :woohoo: ..the 2 other people are going to try and make it (they are local too),,but may not be able to---:confused:
Soooooooo I did not want to say I had spots open and plan to meet some one and then find out for sure all 10 were coming--didnt seem fair to me!
-

NOW I was thinking if the 2 do not make it:sad1: I was going to look for a couple,,,maybe waiting for a boat over to FW or some where--or maybe just strolling along enjoying the night -and see if they wanted to join us---and not ask for any money---I figured, we will be going with room for two more WHY NOT fill it up---and you can not just assume they would have money for their share--I can not find myself saying HI WOULD YA LIKE TO JOIN OUR CRUISE--that will be 60 bucks:lmao:

My friend says--just go and have more room----:sad2:

I think this would be a nice way to spread some PIXIE DUST pixiedust: on someone that may not be able to do a cruise--I AM PAYING THE $300.00 for the 8 or the 10 any way,,

I KNOW you great people on the DIS speak your mind and would tell me the truth-:scared: ----am I crazy????

Thanks

Aren't we all just a bit crazy? I mean, that's why we're here anyway.
But, I think its sweet and a great way to share the magic. How nice of you!
That's one reason why I like hanging out on these boards, and at WDW, it seems like the people who all love Disney (and those who love DIS, especially of course :rolleyes1 ) have really good hearts. (A little crazy in the head, but really good hearts... and the latter is really so much more important... and the former just keeps it interesting.)

Good for you! :banana:

I asked this over on the dining plan board and haven't gotten any responses, so I figured I'd ask here.

Does anyone know if dining plan credits can be used for private dining for a cruise? I'm going to try to get a Wishes cruise for DS's birthday in January and would like to have food on board, but we're going to be on the deluxe dining plan and I don't really want to pay OOP for food knowing that we have a bajillion meal credits to use over the length of our stay. I know that I can use the credits for in-room private dining, but can I use them for shipboard private dining?

We are celebrating our 33rd anniversary and would love to surprise DH with a Illuminations cruise. IF any one has seats available Nov 4-9 please let me know. Its our first visit ever to Disney. We are 2 adults.

We now have space for only 3 more people to join us on our Wishes Birthday Cruise on 11/14/07. Price will be determined by the number of people actually splitting costs - but the total cost is $300. The boat will have the piped in audio and decorated for the celebrations. We are
supposed to meet at the Wilderness Lodge Marina at 7:15 with the boat
departing at 7:30. At this time I have 7 adults on the boat and would
love to add your family or families. If interested please respond to this thread or email me at smithhefler@hughes.net Thank you so much and have a magical day!!
Dawn
30 days and counting!!!

I asked this over on the dining plan board and haven't gotten any responses, so I figured I'd ask here.

Does anyone know if dining plan credits can be used for private dining for a cruise? I'm going to try to get a Wishes cruise for DS's birthday in January and would like to have food on board, but we're going to be on the deluxe dining plan and I don't really want to pay OOP for food knowing that we have a bajillion meal credits to use over the length of our stay. I know that I can use the credits for in-room private dining, but can I use them for shipboard private dining?

Great question. I hope someone out there has the answer:surfweb:

We have a Wishes Cruise booked for Dec 17th leaving from the Grand Floridian.

We need to be there by 8pm and the cruise leaves at 8:30pm with Wishes being at 9pm.

We have the deluxe package booked with the piped in music for 275.00 plus tip.

We have space for 4 more people if anyone would like to join us.

We have 2 adults, 15 yr, 14 yr, 12 yr and a 3 yr old in our party.

Cost will be split by number of people attending.

PM me if your interested in joining us.

We have a Wishes Cruise booked for October 6th leaving from the Contemporary.

We need to be there by 8pm and the cruise leaves at 8:30pm with Wishes being at 9pm.

We have the basic package booked and would like to split the cost ($225+tip)based upon number of people on the cruise.

We have space for 6 more people if anyone would like to join us.

Please email me at Stephen_Brody@yahoo.com

I have two cruises booked for NYE atm, Fantasy in the Sky leaving at 11pm from Contemporary Marina and Epcot fireworks (not sure if it's illuminations or something special for NYE) leaving from Yacht Club at 7pm. We are staying Club level so concierge has booked them both for us as they couldn't meet our original request for Epcot midnight fireworks.
Looking for someone to share MK cruise. We will probably be releasing the Epcot boat later if we can rearrange our ADRs slightly.

There will be dh and I with our three children dd15, ds13 and dd11, so 5 spaces free. We are looking for someone with similar age children preferably and adults who will be happy to join us toasting the New Year with a bottle of champagne.

I am also posting this on another board I visit so first come first served

** 3 spaces now taken - 2 still available**

PM me or email alison.jolly@zoom.co.uk

The cruise is $545 and we would be looking to split the cost by the number of people.

I have two cruises booked for NYE atm, Fantasy in the Sky leaving at 11pm from Contemporary Marina and Epcot fireworks (not sure if it's illuminations or something special for NYE) leaving from Yacht Club at 7pm. The cruise is $545 and we would be looking to split the cost by the number of people.

FYI, the 7pm IllumiNations will be the standard show with the Christmas Holiday Extension. Only the Midnight Show will have the full all out NYE Special extension.

Does anyone have an Illuminations cruise for 12/18 - 12/23? My soon-to-be-DH and I will be disneymooning and we would love to join you and your family and/or friends. Please PM me if you have space available. Thanks everyone and happy cruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter