ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone who has taken the "Wishes" cruise give a brief description? What you see, how long it takes, is it warm, cool, smokey, amazing or whatever other descriptor you'd like to use?

Also, what time do you have to leave to be sure you are going to see Wishes?

Thanks so much!

Can anyone who has taken the "Wishes" cruise give a brief description? What you see, how long it takes, is it warm, cool, smokey, amazing or whatever other descriptor you'd like to use?

Also, what time do you have to leave to be sure you are going to see Wishes?

Thanks so much!

We did a Wishes cruise on Christmas night last year. It was awesome and I would highly recommend it!

We left from the GF marina and went with another family of 3 we met here on the dis. We had "met" before booking and decided to do this together and just have our 2 families, even though the boat can fit 10 (and it can comfortably) and we'd split the cost down the middle.

So at the 90 day window we both called frantically (us on 2 cells and a house phone and them the same I believe). We originally wanted Illuminations first, but agreed we'd take Wishes if we couldn't get that. Well, by the time we got through (like 2 min. after opening), NOTHING was open anymore, so I hoped they got through.

We emailed that morning and they indeed did get through and booked a Wishes cruise. So they paid for it and we paid them cash. We both tipped the driver ourselves and I believe we each gave him $50 for a total of $100 because we agreed it sucked he had to work on Christmas night and thought that would be thoughtful.

We met about 1 hour before Wishes began (I think it was 9 or 9:30pm that night) and we got to know each other while we had a short wait to leave.

We left and boated around a bit. We were able to see the Electric Light parade on 7 Seas Lagoon before finding our spot for Wishes. It was the Christmas version of Wishes and it was AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2

It was quite chilly on the water that night and we had brought coats and blankets and the boat driver also had blankets for us. We were glad as it was still cold, but bearable (us 2 families were from WI and MI, so take that into account :goodvibes ).

The boat was equipped with sound and a cooler with coke products and bottled water as well as snacks. We had all just eaten HUGE Christmas dinners before the cruise (us at 1900 Park Fare) and so we weren't hungry at all, but the driver did allow us to take the snacks with us when we left, so we split them up and took them along.

It was the holiday version of Wishes, so it wasn't the regular song or fireworks, but it was beautiful and quite special!!!

Since then we've also done an Illuminations cruise on the new Breathless II (pictures a few pages back). That was just on Aug. 28. That was also SO COOL. :cool1:

These cruises are indeed very expensive, but imho, worthwhile for a special occasion or splurge.

For the cruises I typically take a jacket - but then again we go to Disney in the fall. I understand it can be smokey at times from Illuminations - but do not see how the wishes one could get a bunch of smoke - but doesn't mean that is an absolute. If memory serves it is about 1.5 hours from pick up to drop off and the timing depends on what time the fireworks are that night. We are doing a wishes cruise this year on 11/14 from the Wilderness lodge (Still have room for 5) and have done them in the past. To us it is well worth the bird's eye view and the ambiance and disney staff and NO crowds makes it a 'gotta do' for us. We don't have to scope out our seats in the park and then try to defend them for 2 hours while waiting - just get on the boat - have nice personal attention from the captain, go to the front of MK and munch out on snacks and sit back and watch/hear it all unfold - AMAZING!! Hope this helps.

The boat was equipped with sound and a cooler with coke products and bottled water as well as snacks. We had all just eaten HUGE Christmas dinners before the cruise (us at 1900 Park Fare) and so we weren't hungry at all, but the driver did allow us to take the snacks with us when we left, so we split them up and took them along.

Could you tell me more about the soda and snacks that are provided...I am trying to order private dining and trying to decide what we will need/not need....( we are eating dinner at 600pm, so i will be looking for just snacks) thanks!

:idea: any thoughts?

Could you tell me more about the soda and snacks that are provided...I am trying to order private dining and trying to decide what we will need/not need....( we are eating dinner at 600pm, so i will be looking for just snacks) thanks!
:idea: any thoughts?

Usually 6 of each of the following:
Bottled water (20 oz), Cans of Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, small bags of Potato Chips, BBQ Chips, Doritoes ,Smart Popcorn, pretzels.

Great thanks, i did just recv a quote from the GF about private dining items that i was interested in..can you say: $$ :scared: :scared:
Usually 6 of each of the following:
Bottled water (20 oz), Cans of Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite, small bags of Potato Chips, BBQ Chips, Doritoes ,Smart Popcorn, pretzels.

I still have 5 spaces left on our cruise. This is a celebration cruise (decorations and snacks) with piped in audio for $300. Would split costs according to the number of people I am able to get. We are to meet at 7:15 at the Wilderness Lodge docks with departure at 7:30. At this point all 5 current passengers are adults (sort of I guess) and are looking to share this wonderful night with you and yours! Please feel free to pm me or email me at smithhefler@hughes.net or simply reply to this post! Have a magical day!

Dawn

Hey everyone I *just* canceled a Wishes Cruise for next Monday Oct 1st.
It was s boat with no sound piped in though, but wanted to give a heads up in case anyone wanted to try & book it.
thanks

Okay, I am planning on calling to reserve the Wishes cruise and I am also seeking other Diser's to share the cruise with.

A couple of thoughts here, first off the cost is like $545 for the cruise, plus tip for the driver. The boat will hold 10, which should make for a great NYE celebration, and if the cost was split between everyone that would make it about $60 per person ($55 tip). This is the premium cruise which includes the audio track and decorations from what I understand.

In order to get this cruise, the reservation has to be made on 10/03 and they can be hard to get. As stated above I am calling to try and make a reservation, but started thinking that if there was a way to get the other parties included ahead of time then there would be a better chance of getting the cruise for everyone. I will need 4 spots (2 adults and 2 children DD11 and DS15).

I have participated in a cruise with other Diser's and it was a blast. On that trip I sent the one who made the reservation a money order for my share of the cruise and that worked out great. The same could be done here with the understanding that a cancellation could only be made with 30 days notice in order to receive a refund. This is a fair way so that everyone can enjoy their trip without the worry of any added expenses if someone doesn’t show up. This would also allow others to join if space becomes available.

So what do you think, anyone want to jump on board with me?

My husband and I are still looking to join a nice family or couple(s) on a cruise of some kind either October 25th or 26th. Please let us know if you have any room for the two of us. We are down there celebrating one last vacation/anniversary (which is actually today) before we have our first baby in January! We are willing to split the cost and would love to see the sites from the water!

Katie

I've got a Wishes cruise booked for this coming Saturday night. My sister and her family just had to cancel :(

Right now we have 4 adults, a well behaved 2 year old, and a happy 6 month old :)

If you'd like to join, please email me (hiboysmom@yahoo.com)

Nicole

Anyone sailing out for Wishes on October 22nd? If so, and you'd like to share the experience and expense with a fine company of 4 adults and a very polite 9-year-old, shoot me a PM.

Okay, I am planning on calling to reserve the Wishes cruise and I am also seeking other Diser's to share the cruise with.

A couple of thoughts here, first off the cost is like $545 for the cruise, plus tip for the driver. The boat will hold 10, which should make for a great NYE celebration, and if the cost was split between everyone that would make it about $60 per person ($55 tip). This is the premium cruise which includes the audio track and decorations from what I understand.

In order to get this cruise, the reservation has to be made on 10/03 and they can be hard to get. As stated above I am calling to try and make a reservation, but started thinking that if there was a way to get the other parties included ahead of time then there would be a better chance of getting the cruise for everyone. I will need 4 spots (2 adults and 2 children DD11 and DS15).

I have participated in a cruise with other Diser's and it was a blast. On that trip I sent the one who made the reservation a money order for my share of the cruise and that worked out great. The same could be done here with the understanding that a cancellation could only be made with 30 days notice in order to receive a refund. This is a fair way so that everyone can enjoy their trip without the worry of any added expenses if someone doesn’t show up. This would also allow others to join if space becomes available.

So what do you think, anyone want to jump on board with me?

WOW do they :confused3 really charge and EXTRA $245 for the Wishes cruise just because its NEW YEARS

WOW do they :confused3 really charge and EXTRA $245 for the Wishes cruise just because its NEW YEARS

I guess. This is the information that I researched from the Dis website. Although it didn't say it, I would bet that this includes party favors and the like. These are the same items that are provided to guests at the parks and feel that they would be included in any NYE celebration at Disney. Of course, like anything there will be a premium to pay, look at the cost to get into Pleasure Island $99, of course the time span is longer.

Still feel that it is a deal. No crowds (for the midnight event), being at Walt Disney World and celebrating NYE with your family and a FEW Dis friends! PRICELESS:cool1:

Hi! I've got room for 4 adults on a Wishes Celebration Cruise on Wednesday, 12/12 leaving from the Poly. Total cost including pilot tip is $325. So far the price is being split between 2 couples. Please PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter