ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow-- the first couple posts on here were a wealth of information! I didn't get throught the whole thread but I was hoping someone could give me info on a Wishes cruise?

Hi - take a look at the 1st post on page 1 - this should help...

That first page was all I really got through-- I thought the Wishes Cruise was a separate package and not considered a specialty cruise when booking, though?

Can anyone recommend a particular boat captain we could request for our Illuminations Cruise on Oct 18th?
I'm not sure if we can even ask for a certain cast member, but thought it would be fun to request someone who is particularly funny or good at sharing trivia and stories with the passengers, if that particular captain happens to be working the night of our cruise.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Looking to share an Illuminations cruise on Sept. 21st.:goodvibes

We are a party of three adults.

Please contact me.

Does anyone have an Illuminations Cruise on 11/30 that they would be willing to share with a couple celebrating their anniversary? There are 7 people in our party and we would like to take them all if possible, but are looking for anywhere from 2 - 7 seats. Please help!

Okay, I want to share my pictures of the new Breathless but I can't figure out how to do it. I have them downloaded onto photobucket. Can anyone walk me through the process?

Thanks!

Hi.
We are 5 people, two 13 year olds one 9 year old, have done Wishes and Illuminations before and would love to do again. Would also love to try Grand One.
Children are well behaved (mom is too LOL).
Would love to share with someone:
November 25
November 26
November 27
Thank you all very much.

Party Of Four Seeking An Illuminations Cruise On Either November 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 Or 30th, 2007. My Wife And I, And The Inlaws.

We Have Been On Several Illuminations Cruises In The Past, But Was Not Lucky Enough To Obtain One During This Trip.

Please E:mail Me If You Have Four Open Seats.

Thank You Very Much,
Dave

My husband and I are looking for a Wishes or Illuminations cruise during the week of December 3rd - 8th. Please PM me if you have one you're willing to share!

My DD9 and I are celebrating our Adoption Day during this week and I would like to share an Illuminations cruise. I know we can't get in to reserve it yet, but if you would like to share, please let us know. Please let me know by personal message or you can email me @ rcymmolly@gmail.com.

Thank you for thinking of us!
Molly

Can anyone answer this for me?

I'll try. OK, once you post your pictures in photobucket, keep that web browser open & have one open with the thread that you are going to post to. Now here are the steps:

1) Copy the "code" underneath your picture in photobucket with the direct link entry (.i.e. the second one down)

2) In your post, select the "insert image" icon (i.e. the mountain with the sun).

3) Paste the code you copied into the pop-up from the insert image

Hi -

Last night was our Illuminations cruise. I'd booked it 3 months ago after reading this thread. DH and I agree that so far the cruise has been the highlight of this trip.

We met up with a number of fellow DIS-ers who I'd met through this thread. What a great bunch! The weather was beautiful, not muggy or hot, not cold, a magical night.

Our captain was great; she was extremely informative all throughout the cruise which included a trip over to MGM and then on to Epcot. We'd brought a birthday cake onboard and she immediately gathered plates, forks, led the group in song and cut the cake. Then right before it began, she explained the story behind the Illuminations, act by act, which none of us had ever heard. It really made us appreciate it all the more.

The fireworks are all the more stunning because you're right at eye level with the water. Wow, you could feel the vibration of the fireworks shaking the water & our boat. It wasn't smoky at all. It was perfect.

We will definitely do it from now on every time we're down here - it was so worth the $$. Please if you get a chance to experience it - now or in the future, don't hesitate.

One note - tonight it poured for 2 hrs before Illuminations. I'm thankful we didn't booked tonight's cruise as I'm pretty sure it was canceled. That's the downside.

Tomorrow night (our 25th anniversary) we've booked a Wishes cruise. I will report back to let you know how it is. Unfortunately of the 8 DIS-ers joining us, 5 have had to back out for personal reasons, and they will be missed. If anyone knows anyone down here that's interested in a cruise, please PM me.

cheers
cyn

Anybody planning a cruise for the week of Oct 17th-21st? I am on my honeymoon and want to suprise my fiance(err wife then). Either way, apparently there is a DIS meetup on the 16th around 9pm at the Adventure Club @ plasure island.

Hope you all enjoy your trips.

What resort would you recommend leaving from for a wishes cruise if we are planning on ordering food. We would like something simple like pizza. This will be a late dinner for us. Exactly how do we go about ordering food?

I just reserved a boat for wishes on Fri oct 26!!!

{{found}}

Anyone have a SPOT for 2 ADULTS on our 10 YR ANNIV?

Yesterday I posted about the illuminations cruise we took on Sept 9th and how wonderful it was. Well today was our 25th anniversary and that's a really big milestone. :love: I'd been planning this trip - especially this day -since May.

The day was clear and the sky was bright blue. All day i was looking forward to our biggest splurge of the trip, dinner at Narcoossee's and a celebration Wishes cruise. I'd planned everything as a surprise for DH. I ordered the premium cruise (with banners and balloons) along with a big cake made by Grand Floridian bakery. Everything was set for a most memorable evening.

Dinner was great; afterward we went down to the dock right by Narcoossee to wait for our boat (the marina and the dock aren't the same thing, as I was to learn). That's when it started to pour. The sky was black and the lightning began.

We ran over to the marina and were told that the cruise might be cancelled. :scared1: All I could think of was what's going to happen to the cake... DH started singing "McArthur Park" for those of you who remember that song.

Initially we were told that no decision would be made until 8pm. We stood in the rain for a while but then the decision was delayed until 8:30. I was told not to worry about the cake because the boat and the cake were at another resort... huh ??? We went inside to try to dry off and said we'd be back by 8:20. When we returned, the marina's office lights were off... not a good sign. I knocked on the door and there was someone still there who said "oh yeah, your cruise has been cancelled. Don't worry, you won't be charged." Yes but what about my cruise, what about my cake, what about all my plans for a perfect evening that I'd begun working on 3 months ago, and why was I dripping wet with nothing to do.

In the midst of all this, I'd lost track of my big Disney bag (with credit cards, room key, Annual Passes, DDE card, MNSSHP tickets, camera, cell phone etc etc) - i'd just left it and walked away when I first heard the cruise might be cancelled. :scared1: Eventually we discovered that a GF bellman found it outside and rescued it - thank god! This definitely wasn't the way I'd thought I'd been spending this evening.

The guys at the marina suggested I call WDW-PLAY (not again..) and book another celebration cruise. Easy for them to say, I really didn't want to jump on the phone and start the booking process all over again. But that's what I did. And they were wonderful; they arranged a cruise for tomorrow night, and the Grand Floridian bakery found my cake and said they'd bake another and deliver it tomorrow at the marina. Everyone laughed and commisserated with me about the weather and congratulated us many times about our anniversary.

My point is, this was a pretty big curve ball and yet with a few calls Disney put everything right again. What did we end up doing? As soon as the cruise was cancelled, it stopped raining. So we went and played mini golf at Fantasia Gardens and had dessert at Beaches & Cream. Not the way I'd imagined spending Sept 11th but not so bad either.

I doubt any of you will have such a combination of events happen with your cruises but if they do, you'll know that Disney will do its best to make things right.

cyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter