ILLUMINATIONS CRUISES-What they are--How to book--FIND ONE TO SHARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
DW and I are visiting for our 15th anniversary, and we are looking for two spots on an Illuminations cruise on Thursday Sept 13.

We have done a wishes cruise before and would like to try Illuminations this time. I hate to be so specific, but the 13th is the only night that will work for us.

I'm sure it's a long shot, but if anyone has room please let me know.

Thanks!

Posting again...

My husband and I have an Illuminations cruise booked for Oct. 28. We would like to switch to the Breathless II when/if it comes available for booking on Sundays. We would be happy to share with up to 4 adults (or more if we wind up on the pontoon). My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and we also may have wine or bubbly on board if it is allowed. If you do have children, please understand, I'm not trying to be inflammatory.

If we are able to switch to the Breathless II, you would have the option of switching with us, or we would be happy to let you know when we are cancelling the pontoon so you could book it. Since this is still a little up in the air, I am not expecting any commitment/payment, just want to know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

If anyone has space for one on an Illuminations cruise or Wishes Cruise anywhere from Oct. 1 to Oct. 5, I would love to do this. Please PM me if you have space. Thanks!

My husband and I are celebrating our 33rd anniversary. This is our first trip to disney. Would love to surprise him with a fireworks cruise.If any one has something available please let me know. Its for 2 adults. Nov 5- 9.

is anyone looking to share illuminations cruise oct5-8 ..would be for two adults..would make wife happy to do this....

september 06 pop
april 06 pop 1ST TIME AT DISNEY ( IM 38)

I have 7 spots available for the Wishes Cruise on October 8th leaving the Grand Floridian. Cost is $27.50 person if all spots fill up. This boat has the music piped in and has snack and soda/water available on board. PM me is interested.

Sorry I don't know how to PM you:confused3 ....what time does the boat leave the Grand Floridian ? It is the MNSSHP at MK that night - the fireworks are scheduled for 9.30pm according to WDW website.

I have spots available for an Illuminations Cruise on November 11. Boat leaves from the Beach Club around 8:30. PM me if interested in joining us.

Ray

My family was lucky enough to secure the Breathless II last Wednesday. Here are my observations:

The one and only driver (they are in the process of training others) was excellent and a real asset to Disney.

The boat is absolutely beautiful.

While the boat allegedly fits 7 adults, I would question that unless they were small sized adults. We had three adults (me being a large adult) and three kids and we fit very comfortably. I would just be concerned if there were 7 medium to large sized adults in the boat.

The pre-fireworks tour around the board walk and to MGM studios was beautiful during this time of the summer.

All in all, great boat and great trip.

My family was lucky enough to secure the Breathless II last Wednesday. Here are my observations:

The one and only driver (they are in the process of training others) was excellent and a real asset to Disney.

The boat is absolutely beautiful.

While the boat allegedly fits 7 adults, I would question that unless they were small sized adults. We had three adults (me being a large adult) and three kids and we fit very comfortably. I would just be concerned if there were 7 medium to large sized adults in the boat.

The pre-fireworks tour around the board walk and to MGM studios was beautiful during this time of the summer.

All in all, great boat and great trip.

Jennifer - thanks for posting this. I have been wondering how many would fit.

We have 4 adults so far. And I am trying to decide how many more we would take (I would be posting for more people). But for the 275.00 I don't want it to be uncomfortable, but of course want to lower the cost.

So is it 3 adults in each seat, and the one next to the driver stays empty?
I am also concerned about 3 couples as that means 1 of the couples are split right???

A last minute search for our party of 5 on Wednesday 9/12 or Saturday 9/15. I am traveling with my 2 & 4 year olds and my parents. I would also be interested if you only had room for 2 since I would be interested in sending my parents if you don't have room for us all. Thanks!

OK, here's a question. This morning, I booked an Illuminations cruise for Sunday, November 25 for my family (DW, 2 kids, 2 parents, and my sister). I used the general instructions on the first page of this thread and asked for the "specialty cruise" leaving from the Yacht and Beach Club. My intent was to book a pontoon boat Illuminations cruise as a surprise for us all. Since I've got two small kids (will be 1.5 and 2.5 years old at the time) the pontoon option seems like a safer option with a little more space as well.

I was expecting a cost of $250, but when everything was booked the CM on the phone confirmed the total cost as $275. At the time I assumed that costs must have gone up in the latest round of admission ticket/room rate increases and didn't question it. But now I'm reading confirmation of Breathless II cruises for $275 and I'm wondering if I am actually booked on Breathless instead of a pontoon. I did not specifically ask for one or the other, just assumed I was booking a pontoon.:confused3

Any thoughts on what I got? I know I can just call back and ask but I'm at work and not able to call easily right now.

Also, if I am on the Breathless, would this still be OK with the small kids? In my head I picture a loud speedboat with kids bouncing around in their seats vs. a calmer ride on the pontoon. But really I have no good feel for one vs. the other.

Thanks.

ETA: Just rememberd, on the phone they offered me two options. A "Premium cruise" for $275 or a "Celebration cruise" with decorations for $300. I assumed both were pontoons, just one with $2.50 worth of decorations for en extra $25 charge.

Yes, there are two bench seats and one seat by the driver. One bench seat is right behind the driver (the middle seats) However, the other bench seat is 6 to 8 feet behind the middle seats.

The rear bench seat is so far back that it is hard to communicate with those persons when the boat is in action. Also, this rear bench seat is smaller than the middle bench seat.

If you had three couples, I guess three would be in the rear bench seat (skinny adults only) and three in the middle bench seat, OR move one person up to the seat beside the driver. So, yes, one couple would be split up. But because of the seating arrangement, you are physically separated anyway.

In response to the comment about this being a bumpy speed boat....that is not the case. It is a very smooth ride and the driver never goes fast enough (unfortunately) to go a speed boat normal speed.

Again, the boat is beautiful, but just be prepared for the unusual seating arrangement.

I am looking for an available Illuminations cruise for my family of 4 (my DH, my DS-4 and DS-2 and myself) on Monday, October 22nd. Anyone have room?

Thanks!

If anyone is looking to fill up an Illuminations Cruise with two excited adults, on Sep. 23, 24, or 27, please let me know! We would love to join you!

:wizard:

Looking for 3 spots (2 adults and DD who'll be 7) on an Illuminations Cruise on one of the following dates...

October 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 29th or 31st.
November 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th 7th.

Keeping my fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

Just checking in with any new folks to see if anyone can help me with this! It is particularly an ILLUMINATIONS cruise we're looking for as it is a belated treat for my DH's 40th as he got me a Wishes Cruise for my 40th and Illuminations is HIS favourite!

Hoping some kind soul can help.....:)

We were able to grab an illuminations cruise for 8/31 - my birthday! -
if anyone is here or coming down and want sto come celebrate with us, just drop me a PM. There are only 3 of us, so we have room for 7 more.
Either way, to whomever cancelled- Thanks!

Hello everyone,

We are looking for a spot on a fireworks or illumination cruise on any of the following dates:

October 5-14th. We have done the cruise on Sevean Seas lagoon on the yacht, many years ago. It was so fantastic!

We would love to cruise the lake and see the fireworks or do a cruise to see Illuminations.

There are 2 adults and we are fun people, so we are up for anything you have planned :woohoo:

Please include us to make our 3rd Anniversary Trip that much more special ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Mike
:rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter