Illuminations Cruise - Birthday Option

Mike Bartenhagen

Mouseketeer
My daughter oldest daughter will be turning 7 shortly after our Disney trip. I thought about surprising her with a Birthday Illuminations Cruise. We plan on doing the cruise anyway and with our group we will have enough to fill the boat (11) and I am wondering if it is worth the additional 70.00?

Mike

You really only get a few balloons and a Happy Birthday banner.., a cake and sodas....I just brought my own balloons and cake and soda (actually a few beers)...for a lot less then $70 but If you don't want to spend the time tracking down the items..then it would be worth it to you...

Well since you asked my opinion....;)
I don't think it is worth the extra $70. Here's what we did! It was my Mom's birthday. We ordered her a cake when we booked the cruise. No birthday package, just a cake. It was $40. That was special enough. When we got to our boat our driver had taken the liberty of decorating the boat just as if we had done the package. There was a banner, used for all birthdays, that said Happy Birthday and some balloons. That was basically it. He also brought bottles of water but he may have done that anyway. The cake was awesome, chocolate with raspberry filling. The best I have tasted. When we got to the Boarwalk bridge he yelled up to his friend who was working the game area. He said that my DD, who was 2 1/2 at the time, was the birthday girl. The man threw her a stuffed animal.
It was very special to her and to all of us to have him go out of his way like that when he didn't have to.
That said, I don't think it warranted $70. The cake was $40, and the banner was $0 since it is reused. Balloons are hardly a cost. You can do these things on your own for alot cheaper. Oh also we did the cake when we docked under the bridge for the show. The driver had everyone sing to my mom as she blew out the candles. Your daughter will think that and the surprise cake is special enough I would bet.
I hope you have a great time and wish your DD a Happy Birthday.:wave2:

PS, since I ordered the cake while booking the cruise I didn't need to pick it up. They arranged to have it on the boat!

We will be arriving at WDW on 24 JUne till 3 July, anyone willing to share illuminations cruise with family of four, myself, DW, and
2 small boys, age 9 and 6. Replies?

Originally posted by rocketmah781
We will be arriving at WDW on 24 JUne till 3 July, anyone willing to share illuminations cruise with family of four, myself, DW, and
2 small boys, age 9 and 6. Replies?

There is a post specifically designed to find people to share cruises. You will get more responses there. It should be on this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter