• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Illuminations and Happily Ever After Cruises - Find One To Share

so many of you have done these cruises. I have done the wishes cruise and loved it. I currently have an Illuminations cruise booked. I would love to know your opinions on both cruises

I've done Illuminations twice, and a Wishes cruise about 5-6 times. The most recent was a HollowWishes one about 2 weeks ago. I really prefer the Wishes, or HallowWishes cruises.

EXCEPT on NYE. That Illuminations one was excellent. On normal Illuminations cruises, the boats have to stay more or less bunched together under the bridge that leads to the World Showcase. You are all in boats so close to each other, it felt as if we were sardines. However, it was fun...there was a wedding on one of the other boats, we all got to listen, congratulate the couple. For NYE, the captains were allowed to spread out into the water more, and it was WONDERFUL to see the special fireworks without being in the crowd.

I know there's an opened Illuminations on NYE cruise looking for 2 more adults. I can tell you for our cruise, the captain did include more than the usual chips, soft drinks. There was a champagne toast for all, and extra special snacks. I sort of think that's one of the reasons the basic price is raised. For us, we paid $100 per person, total, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I've done all of these cruises with families connected to the Disboards. Only once were we "burned" not that we lost money, but the family who booked the cruise cancelled the trip and didn't notify those of us who had gone along and planned to go with her. What we all did was go inside the Yacht club and chatted and used the time to commiserate together.

rwc

I've done Illuminations twice, and a Wishes cruise about 5-6 times. The most recent was a HollowWishes one about 2 weeks ago. I really prefer the Wishes, or HallowWishes cruises.

EXCEPT on NYE. That Illuminations one was excellent. On normal Illuminations cruises, the boats have to stay more or less bunched together under the bridge that leads to the World Showcase. You are all in boats so close to each other, it felt as if we were sardines. However, it was fun...there was a wedding on one of the other boats, we all got to listen, congratulate the couple. For NYE, the captains were allowed to spread out into the water more, and it was WONDERFUL to see the special fireworks without being in the crowd.

I know there's an opened Illuminations on NYE cruise looking for 2 more adults. I can tell you for our cruise, the captain did include more than the usual chips, soft drinks. There was a champagne toast for all, and extra special snacks. I sort of think that's one of the reasons the basic price is raised. For us, we paid $100 per person, total, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I've done all of these cruises with families connected to the Disboards. Only once were we "burned" not that we lost money, but the family who booked the cruise cancelled the trip and didn't notify those of us who had gone along and planned to go with her. What we all did was go inside the Yacht club and chatted and used the time to commiserate together.

rwc

Thank you for your post. I explained everything to DH and he said he wanted to do Wishes again. pixiedust:

I had already booked Illuminations cruise for Jan 16 and called and changed it to the Wishes cruise from the poly on Jan 16. :banana:

As of right know it is going to be just me and DH as it is my birthday on that night.
We have done Wishes before booked it and hooked up with another group who gave me money for their portion so I would certainly do that again if we decide to share

I just booked a wishes cruise for my family on February 14th.
We are very excited, its something we have never done before.
Going to look thru the thread now for some pictures.

I just booked a wishes cruise for my family on February 14th.
We are very excited, its something we have never done before.
Going to look thru the thread now for some pictures.

That's very romantic :flower3: we all loved the Wishes cruise, the experience was great and my DH preferred it to the illuminations one.

Would love to join a Wishes cruise on Nov 30, Dec.3 or Dec 7...One adult, if anyone has space!

Does anyone know if the boats can accommodate a power wheelchair? Taking my parents next October to celebrate their 50th anniversary and my 40th birthday, would love to do this, if my chair can be accommodated.

Autumn

Does anyone know if the boats can accommodate a power wheelchair? Taking my parents next October to celebrate their 50th anniversary and my 40th birthday, would love to do this, if my chair can be accommodated.

Autumn

Why don't you ask on the Disabilities cruise....maybe there's a boat that can accommodate you. I have been with guests who have used a power scooter at the park and around, but everyone had to board the pontoon boats on their own, not on the chair.

Autumn
Yest they can. One of my party members was in a power wheelchair last trip. :thumbsup2

I just booked an Illuminations cruise for 4/26/14. There are only 4 of us so looking for people to share the expense and magic :)

I know it's a longshot but there are 7 of us hoping to join a New Year's Eve (early show) Illuminations boat. 4AD and 3CH all nicely behaved :)

I just booked an Illuminations cruise for 4/26/14. There are only 4 of us so looking for people to share the expense and magic :)

Didn't think you could reserve this far out? Good for you! We're going Feb. 2014 and I thought I had to wait until Nov. to book. Will try today. Good luck finding a share! :-)

It got changed to 180 days. I also didn't' realize it, but I was able to still book one at 90 days out. Good luck!

Anyone have room for 6 adults on an Illuminations Cruise on any of the above these dates? 3 women would love to surprise our husbands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter