Illinois DVC'ers Post here

For all you Cubs fans out there. Lord knows we're in need of a little pick-up. How long until this man is our manager?
100_2357-1-1.jpg

I agree! Ryno = sexiest Cubbie ever!!! I think were showing our age!!!

I grew up in Marengo and usually when I tell people that they say something like "isn't that at the truck stop off of 90" :drive: and I always say "yea, but I didn't grow up at the truck stop!" ;)
Do you get that too? I guess at least they know we're on the map!

Yeah, we get that all the time!! Actually I usually get the "WHERE IS THAT?" look, like we live 2 doors down from the Earth drops off. Every once in while I get someone who knows where it is and asks me how far I am from the Chick N Dip. :)

Sounds like some of us will be heading to Schaumburg for the Doorway to Dreams event.Some decent incentives to add on (my family just added on this week but checked to make sure we wouldnt be getting a better deal at the event in a couple of weeks - he said theyre the same). That day was a crazy blur but if I remember correctly they are offereing a 3 day Bahamian cruise OR up to I think 19 dollars off a point. Like I said I THINK but its something like that.

I'm planning on being there Friday, too.
(Green Garden south of Frankfort)
VWL 160
SSS 270
BLT 160

I'm from Catlin, about 4 miles from Danville and about 25 miles from the University of Illlinois in Champaign/Urbana. I have been transplanted in Texas...hook'em horns (daughter attends UT-Austin)!!!!

I first purchased 250 points at BLT and then 100 points at BWV for F&W.

Go Cubbies and bear down, Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm from Catlin, about 4 miles from Danville and about 25 miles from the University of Illlinois in Champaign/Urbana. I have been transplanted in Texas...hook'em horns (daughter attends UT-Austin)!!!!

I first purchased 250 points at BLT and then 100 points at BWV for F&W.

Go Cubbies and bear down, Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!!!!

I know where Catlin is. Your Salt Fork Storm were State Champs this year in boy's basketball. Congrats on living in Austin now.

I know where Catlin is. Your Salt Fork Storm were State Champs this year in boy's basketball. Congrats on living in Austin now.

Thanks. As you could imagine, I was extremely happy reading about the boys tremendous success! Wish I had been there to experience it. That, by far, is the biggest thing thats ever happened in that small community. The closest I came to playing in a State Championship game was my sophomore year in football. We lost in the semifinal game to Chenoa.:sad1:

Thanks. As you could imagine, I was extremely happy reading about the boys tremendous success! Wish I had been there to experience it. That, by far, is the biggest thing thats ever happened in that small community. The closest I came to playing in a State Championship game was my sophomore year in football. We lost in the semifinal game to Chenoa.:sad1:

Chenoa----

DHs cousin's husband is from Chenoa.....I went to school in Bloomington.....student taught in Lexington and MIL is from Fairbury.

I coach with someone that played on the Chenoa Redbird State Championship team ('97 I think). We are in the same conference as Lexington. BTW - Lexington played for the 1A State Football Championship this year. They got beat by Tuscola. Chenoa and Lexington are about 10 miles apart.

Warrenville near Naperville. Been in Illinois for 26 years. New owners- BLT. Trips planned for BCV in Sept and BLT in Dec. Adult son also using for trip to AKL in Aug. Can't beat this.

I coach with someone that played on the Chenoa Redbird State Championship team ('97 I think). We are in the same conference as Lexington. BTW - Lexington played for the 1A State Football Championship this year. They got beat by Tuscola. Chenoa and Lexington are about 10 miles apart.

I student taught in Lexington in fall '97. Small world. We used to go to McDonald's in Chenoa for lunch from Lexington.

Lexington was pretty good that year too. I think I heard they played in the championship this year.

Is there a 9A tier yet? If not, I work in an 8A. Huge. Such a difference.

I student taught in Lexington in fall '97. Small world. We used to go to McDonald's in Chenoa for lunch from Lexington.

Lexington was pretty good that year too. I think I heard they played in the championship this year.

Is there a 9A tier yet? If not, I work in an 8A. Huge. Such a difference.

No, only 8 classes in Illinois (only). Anyway, Lexington is the smallest at 1A. Other sports like basketball and baseball have 4 classes in Illinois these days.

I'm not very old, but when I was in HS (mid-90s), there was A & AA for everything but football and football only went to 6A.

No wonder it feels like everyone makes the playoffs.....

We digress...

ETA: The size of Lexington High School is just a little bigger than my entire class list. I think the whole HS is about 140-150. I have about 120-130 students this year, alone. Most are seniors. Lexington is TINY!

Hi, we're from Arlington Heights and own 200 points at BLT. We can't wait to go for the first time in August!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter