• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'll cry won't I??

I'm tearing up now just thinkiing about it.

I get more excited then my DS :rotfl2:

To me, It's like being a kid again, and all the garbage of day to day life goes away when I drive onto property and see the Disney Arches.

I start crying then with joy and excitement from that moment and my DH and DS just laugh at me. :teeth:

Enjoy your trip and dont miss a minute of your daughters excitement, theres something to be said about seeing Disney thru the eyes of a child. :thumbsup2

We din't have kids yet but I tear up just thinking about taking my nephews and niece for the first time. Hopefully next spring!

Thanks to his Dis crazy aunt my oldest nephew (3) already knows everyone who lives at Mickey's "house" and can't wait to go. Everytime we take him out he thinks that is where we are going!

MichelleChell said:
My DD2 have been so excited that I just know when I walk through the gates of MK I will cry. Everytime she see's a comercial with the castle in it she screams with excitement about going to Disney. I can picture it now. I will carry her and go onto main street. She will see the castle in real life and freak. I know I will just cry seeing how happy she is and knowing we are finally there. :wizard:

I'm not crazy am I?

Nope, not at all. My DS was 3 when we first took him. I wasn't expecting it at all, but when he saw the castle, he was "oh my, that's the castle, THE castle, oh wow" He was jaw dropped. Yes, I did need my tissues. Mind you, she might just turn round and say "oh look the castle.......can I have an ice cream?"

I have to say every time I have gone to a Disney park (CA, Paris & FL) I have bawled pretty much as soon as I go through the gates and am on Main Street, and that's without kids!!!

I tear up EVERY time I see a WDW commercial. I also shed a tear seeing the castle each visit. But. . . when we brought our kids and seeing the sheer excitement of the castle for them had me crying.

I don't cry when I get there. I cry during wishes , and I cry when I have to leave MK on our last night. I hate leaving that place :sad1:

And if you don't cry then, the fireworks at night will get to you: when your little one is all worn out from the excitement and you've done enough to really feel that you spent a "magical day", then you will certainly cry! Or at least, I usually do. :wizard:

theflowerladee said:
I have been to wdw almost every year and sometime 2x since 94 and i cry everytime. and I have boys, if I had girls oh my goodness it would be 10x worse. It is going to be magical, take your camera and tissues and have a
wonderful time. :wizard:

I have 2 girls and a boy. (16 year old boy. :teeth: ) Last year was our first trip to WDW. At Wishes, he looked down at me and said "thanks Mom" with big ol' tears in his eyes. This year he and I are already planning on crying.

So, pass the tissues, please.

We got our AAA documents today, and I got teary eyed over the Disney luggage tags! :goodvibes I can't wait to see DD's reaction to WDW, and I know I'll be in tears lots of times!

I know I will! I leave Saturday for my first trip to WDW. I cry every time I go to DL and I've been there tons of times. It's magic! It makes you feel like a kid when anything was possible.

Yup, if you're like me, you'll cry!!! I also got emotional reading this thread! I can't WAIT!!! If I see you, I'll hand you a tissue!!!

Jeesh!! What a bunch of babies... LOL J/K!! I'll probably get blasted for saying that...

It is true that a lot of times the first reaction comes on the Monorail... One of the best memories I have is on our last trip we were on the Monorail - and as soon as DD4 saw the castle she blurted out "Oh my GOD! CINDERELLA'S CASTLE!!" I think she was the first person in our Monorail car to notice and of course it got a big laugh out of everyone... didn't cry, but it was a pretty special moment to remember...

--Joe

our first trip i was unprepared for the emotional wallop wdw packs...i cried and felt like a dope , i think mostly because as a kid DL was such a far off , totally unreachable place( we lived on the east coast and people didn't fly so much in the olden days ;) ), i was so thrilled to be able to take my kids to wdw. i still cry thinking about it and thinking about taking the g baby gets me all "misty"

missypie said:
Just don't over-romanticize the moment too much, esp. if you plan to be there at park opening. Someone could just as likely ram you in the ankles with their stoller, or push in front of your child or shove your child out of their way, or whatever.

:rotfl2: a shame but unfortunately so true!

You know what makes me about cry even though my daughters are only 2 and 5? Thinking about someday having to give my daughter(s) away in marriage... NOT looking forward to that day at all... I bet'cha I'll cry like a little girl...

It might be a little easier if it was done at the world though... :lmao:

I don't know why I just thought of that.

--Joe

5disneyfreaks said:
I have 2 girls and a boy. (16 year old boy. :teeth: ) Last year was our first trip to WDW. At Wishes, he looked down at me and said "thanks Mom" with big ol' tears in his eyes. This year he and I are already planning on crying.

So, pass the tissues, please.

I was doing fine reading this thread, but this one started the tears flowing! How sweet! Sounds like you have a great kid!

We are taking our 2-year-old DD for the first time in a little over a month, and also a close friend of ours, who is 27 but has never been to WDW. We've been planning this trip for 3 years (since before DD was born) and I'm sure the moment we walk down Main Street, after 3 years of waiting and planning, I will be an emotional mess, especially if we are there for the opening ceremony. That "welcome" song makes me tear up just listening to the CD!

If you think seeing the castle will make you cry, just wait till you first hear the music to the Spectromagic parade at night, the lights go out and...it starts!!!! Oh my gosh, it got me so bad that first time. I'll never forget it. Make sure you take the time to see it, it is truly the most magical experience. :wizard:

I am one of the worst "WDW Cryers" going. I cry at commercials, while watching the planning videos and after looking at pics. Everytime I walk onto Main Street, I start blubbering. My hubby and son always look at each other and one of them will say "Here she goes again".

I think we do it becasue it brings such a rush of memories...at least it does for me. My son grew up at WDW and now my grandchildren are doing the same thing.

I cried! We just got back from Disney and as soon as the Main Street photographer started taking pictures of our girls in front of the castle, I lost it. My aunt looked at me and she knew, we hugged and she cried. All I could say was this is the trip! All we wanted was to see the girls in Magic Kingdom and seeing that made the whole trip worth it!

I love watching the opening ceremony at MK. I try to countdown with the crowd, but I am usually choked up and crying by the time I get to 5 :) . My DH usually moves away a few steps :rotfl: Then I really lose it when the child from the family of the day throws out the magic pixie dust (at least that's what I call it) and boom the park opens. I love it!!!!! You should have seen the looks on my inlaws faces when they witnessed this last year- I probably should have given them warning :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter