• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'll Call Steve: A Wilderprincess PTR! (Aug 2015) *COMPLETED*

I believe I am official getting old. I hate to admit it but I had to go look up Disneybounding. I am clearly not as cool as I think I am :rolleyes:

In any case I love your ideas! Have you considered just throwing some shorts underneath the dresses? Then you can look pretty and not have to stress about the dress moving the wrong way in the parks... assuming that's the reason for not wanting the dress. I use this tactic with my youngest DD all the time because she is a princess who must wear princess dresses at all times but still must go down slides and play in the dirt (or monster piles of snow as is the case right now but then she wears full tights, and snowpants, and ... well you get the point).

I believe I am official getting old. I hate to admit it but I had to go look up Disneybounding. I am clearly not as cool as I think I am :rolleyes:

In any case I love your ideas! Have you considered just throwing some shorts underneath the dresses? Then you can look pretty and not have to stress about the dress moving the wrong way in the parks... assuming that's the reason for not wanting the dress. I use this tactic with my youngest DD all the time because she is a princess who must wear princess dresses at all times but still must go down slides and play in the dirt (or monster piles of snow as is the case right now but then she wears full tights, and snowpants, and ... well you get the point).

No!!! You're not getting old, I promise. A lot of people don't know what Disneybounding is, even people my age ;) it's sort of underground right now. Disney blogs only started shedding a light on it recently.

That's a good idea. I may use that! I've thought about wearing shorts under the dress before, but I don't want it to look "frumpy". I'm sure I'll find the right solution at some point... maybe. ;)

No!!! You're not getting old, I promise. A lot of people don't know what Disneybounding is, even people my age ;) it's sort of underground right now. Disney blogs only started shedding a light on it recently.

That's a good idea. I may use that! I've thought about wearing shorts under the dress before, but I don't want it to look "frumpy". I'm sure I'll find the right solution at some point... maybe. ;)

Compression shorts. This is how I live in dresses during the summer. They're comfortable, close to your skin to they don't cause any bulges and no one can tell you're wearing them, and you can get them in a variety of lengths. Plus sometimes sites like Groupon and Zulily have sets in all different colors, for really good prices.

I think you would look great bounding as Wendy the best, but I could also so you as Marie and Maleficent.

Those are all great ideas! I need to start thinking of ideas as well because I'm thinking of Disneybounding my next trip(s) as well.

Compression shorts.
This! My oldest DD wear spandex or compression shorts under her dress sometimes... if she thinks it might be too short and there is a chance things might move. You definitely can't tell because I've asked her "don't you think that's a bit short" and she will show me the shorts underneath.

YES. You DEFINITELY should do the Esmeralda bound. So underrated and you do look a lot like her! It would be uber fabulous and I guarantee there will be some CMs out there who will FREAK over it because she's so underrepresented yet so beloved. And that would make for such a cool photo with Aurora if you did the Maleficent bound. TOO MANY AWESOME DISNEYBOUNDS!!!

Good luck with your BOG ADR! I'm not sure about loopholes without lying your age (considering that was what I did for my last trip to be able to book it as early as I did *shhhh*) and the fact I booked my BOG ADR on the 180 day mark and didn't do a lunch one, but I know if you are as avid about it as you seem to be, you'll snag one. People drop ADRs there all the time so I have faith.

Compression shorts. This is how I live in dresses during the summer. They're comfortable, close to your skin to they don't cause any bulges and no one can tell you're wearing them, and you can get them in a variety of lengths. Plus sometimes sites like Groupon and Zulily have sets in all different colors, for really good prices.

Thank you so much! I was actually going to buy compression shorts for my school show (we're doing Sondheim's A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, so we need shorts for the tunics), so it's good to know I'll be able to get multiple uses out of them! :thumbsup2

I think you would look great bounding as Wendy the best, but I could also so you as Marie and Maleficent.

Those are all great ideas! I need to start thinking of ideas as well because I'm thinking of Disneybounding my next trip(s) as well.

D'aww, thank you. I love Wendy! And Marie. And Maleficent :lovestruc

No problem! I loooooove your PTR, and I know your trip is coming up, so I hope I'll get to see you post about Disneybounding soon!

This! My oldest DD wear spandex or compression shorts under her dress sometimes... if she thinks it might be too short and there is a chance things might move. You definitely can't tell because I've asked her "don't you think that's a bit short" and she will show me the shorts underneath.

Noted. I always feel like my "park dresses" are too short without shorts, since I always go in summer, aka "tiny dress season" :rotfl:

YES. You DEFINITELY should do the Esmeralda bound. So underrated and you do look a lot like her! It would be uber fabulous and I guarantee there will be some CMs out there who will FREAK over it because she's so underrepresented yet so beloved. And that would make for such a cool photo with Aurora if you did the Maleficent bound. TOO MANY AWESOME DISNEYBOUNDS!!!

Good luck with your BOG ADR! I'm not sure about loopholes without lying your age (considering that was what I did for my last trip to be able to book it as early as I did *shhhh*) and the fact I booked my BOG ADR on the 180 day mark and didn't do a lunch one, but I know if you are as avid about it as you seem to be, you'll snag one. People drop ADRs there all the time so I have faith.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BE ESMERALDA. Like, it's a problem. I think I want to be her when I grow up. And I'm seeing Hunchback at the Paper Mill Playhouse in a couple of weeks, so I'll take some pointers from them :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! I don't know if there is a "loophole", just a way of "working the system through a series of hacks that the server never picked up on". Kinda like booking a throw-away room, you know?

Hey, snow days are great for Disney planning. I approve.

Eek, that is a lot of time at school but hey, it's worth it and life is important.

Great Disneybounding ideas. I think the Marie one would be really cute and also the Esmeralda one too. At least they're all light clothes so that when you're sweating it out in the summer, it won't be too terrible.

Hey, snow days are great for Disney planning. I approve.

Eek, that is a lot of time at school but hey, it's worth it and life is important.

Great Disneybounding ideas. I think the Marie one would be really cute and also the Esmeralda one too. At least they're all light clothes so that when you're sweating it out in the summer, it won't be too terrible.

Snow days are lovely! I'm having another snow day right now! The only problem I'm having with snow days right now is that they've really impacted the rehearsal time my school show has had. So now we have to pencil in an early Saturday morning rehearsal from 9-3 next week :faint:

I don't mind long school days too much nowadays, especially since I get along so great with my cast mates and the show I'm working on is so fun. I'm now a second semester senior- so I don't do much up until rehearsal :thumbsup2

Thanks! I've always wanted to try it out! Marie and Esmeralda are two of my top bounds for this trip.

Breakfast is Served!... Once
146 days out

Kaitlyn: Musical Theatre lover, Disney World enthusiast, hot breakfast advocate.

I think that's how I want to go down in history.

Anyway, there are morning people, and then there are night people when it comes to Disney World. Out of my whole family, I consider myself the only morning person. Last year, we did 3 character breakfasts (almost 4, but we had to cancel one!). I, for one, love character breakfasts/table service breakfasts in general. I don't normally eat a good breakfast on school days (cause, like, waking up before 6:30 to go to school isn't optional), but I love breakfast food. Specifically- pancakes, waffles, and bacon. There's nothing better than a pre-park ADR at a good character buffet when I'm at WDW. My mom, however, is a night person. And so is my dad. And my sister. They like to let me catch the rope drop and sleep in for an hour or two, get a light brunch, go to the pool for a few hours, and start their park adventures in the night. Therefore, my mom requested NO breakfast ADRs this trip.

But even Grace couldn't deny one thing- when my mom told us she didn't want to book any breakfasts, she overlooked the fact that we would be missing our traditional Crystal Palace breakfast reservation. It's what we've been doing every year since 2010, and it's pretty much my favorite restaurant in the whole world. Anyone up for a throwback?

IMG_1841_zpsgf6jb62f.jpg

Right, so my mom realize that she actually really did like breakfast at CP, so she allowed me to make one breakfast ADR- so now we have a Crystal Palace ADR at 9:10 on Sunday Morning! :cool1:

I'm very excited about this. I can't wait to be reunited with my puffed toast and breakfast lasagna!!! :lovestruc

Still, like I said, I'm a breakfast person and this only equates to 1/8 breakfasts I'll be having in WDW. I've been looking at QS breakfast options, too.

Roaring Fork serves Chocolate Chip Mickey Waffles. They're everything I love, I think. So I'll be having those once or twice.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has a Croissant Berry Pudding for breakfast that I want to try, too. I'm a bread pudding person.

And of course, Sleepy Hollow has a Nutella and Fruit Waffle that looks amazing- I never got to try it in 2014 so I hope 2015 is the year of the nutella waffle!

That's really all I wanted to say. Life is crazy right now and I'm not sure when I'll be able to update next. All I knew was that I had to tell you I had a Crystal Palace ADR. Have a good day and pass the orange juice ;)

My mom is torn between a Tusker House breakfast ADR or Crystal Palace for our August trip, and I want Crystal Palace because of the puffed toast and is it true that they have chocolate Mickey waffles? Anyway, I hope we can do it because she said we'd only do it if we can get a reservation before park opening.

Of all the times I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge, I had no idea they had chocolate chip Mickey waffles at Roaring Fork. I need them and I need them now!

The Nutella and Fruit waffle sounds AMAZING! I must try it.

My mom is torn between a Tusker House breakfast ADR or Crystal Palace for our August trip, and I want Crystal Palace because of the puffed toast and is it true that they have chocolate Mickey waffles? Anyway, I hope we can do it because she said we'd only do it if we can get a reservation before park opening.

Of all the times I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge, I had no idea they had chocolate chip Mickey waffles at Roaring Fork. I need them and I need them now!

The Nutella and Fruit waffle sounds AMAZING! I must try it.

Crystal Palace is liiiiiife. But I don't remember seeing chocolate Mickey waffles in July. I woulda been all up over that. :rotfl:

Apparently, the Wilderness Lodge has a bunch of specialty waffles at Roaring Fork! Look: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-at-roaring-fork-in-disneys-wilderness-lodge/

RIGHT??? I need to consume it.

(Sorry I liked this and didn't respond earlier! I was rushing off to dinner!)

Mickey Mail!
144 Days Out

Before I even begin my update, is anyone else as anxiously waiting the BoG breakfast announcement as I am? I need to know all about it. Now. Immediately. If I can score a breakfast reservation at BoG for our trip, I might cry. I've decided to make it my practice to get to BoG for at least one meal this trip, although it'll most likely be lunch.

Okay. Now that I've gotten that off of my chest- on to the update!

As you may have guessed by the title of this installment, WE GOT OUR MICKEY MAIL TODAY!!!

IMG_3673_zpskh9ilohm.jpg

I love the design of the vacation packet. Mostly because I love The Incredibles. We actually watched The Incredibles in Italian class today- and I lowkey teared up. No shame.

I ate up the whole packet, even though it was pretty much the same as last years, which I still look at on occasion... whoops! :blush:

IMG_3675_zps5izmrlbc.jpg

IMG_3676_zpsqea5ptin.jpg

IMG_3677_zpsd2hh4em2.jpg

I live for all of the attention to detail that goes into making these books personal. They're visually appealing and tailored perfectly to your trip. And just looking at that photograph of the Wilderness Lodge's lobby makes my heart swoon. It's so perfect!

I also took a photo of the Magic Kingdom pages, cause like, you have to. FIND THE HIDDEN MICKEY!!! ;)

IMG_3678_zpstqytkiio.jpg

IMG_3679_zpssiiyncde.jpg

Aaaand I took a photo of the dining plan page, because this PTR needed a Mickey premium.

IMG_3680_zpsauzvfxw9.jpg

Finally, I took a photo of the "dates to remember page". It's actually the worst photograph ever (minus the photos from 1900 Park Fare that my dad took in July. Remember that debacle? Good times with good people). But look at DUMBO! This page made me feel "close to home" for some reason. I saw Dumbo, and the castle against the night sky, and it reminded me of those warm nights at the Magic Kingdom where it's 9:00 and you know you have to get back to your hotel but you just can't- not without meeting Tink or getting a Dole Whip or seeing Wishes again but you know you'll be back tomorrow and... I don't know. I got chills.

IMG_3682_zpsouck2ekm.jpg

It really got me into the Disney mood. So now I'm playing the Disney planning DVD and about to seriously binge on TRs. This was a brief update, and kind of pointless, but I hope you enjoyed my terrible booklet spam.

Also, I just got home from a bakery in my town. It was kids night, and there was a clown doing balloon animals. I'm technically not a kid anymore, but I'm going to leave you with this. I will absolutely never grow up.

IMG_3672_zpserb4ph8m.jpg

I like the booklet as well. I'm probably going to get another one when I switch resorts next month.

I LOOOVE the Wilderness Lodge lobby. It's probably one of my favorites among the many others I love.

I feel like you got good attraction suggestions. The ones in the book my family got were kind of weird.

That's a pretty talented clown.

I love that booklet. We haven't been since 2009 :sad2: and I don't remember having that nice a booklet then.
I checked today and I haven't seen BoG breakfast yet. It would be nice if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
The mermaid balloon is incredible. My youngest would go crazy for it!

I like the booklet as well. I'm probably going to get another one when I switch resorts next month.

I LOOOVE the Wilderness Lodge lobby. It's probably one of my favorites among the many others I love.

I feel like you got good attraction suggestions. The ones in the book my family got were kind of weird.

That's a pretty talented clown.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my family wasn't issued a new booklet when we switched resorts from AoA to GF last year :( switching resorts is exciting though!!!

The WL is growing on me so hard. I can't wait to see it in person!

The only weird thing was that they suggested PoTC when PoTC is going to be down for refurb for the whole summer. I wonder how many other people were suggested PoTC?

She was really talented and asked me a bunch of LM trivia. It was fun :jester:

I love that booklet. We haven't been since 2009 :sad2: and I don't remember having that nice a booklet then.
I checked today and I haven't seen BoG breakfast yet. It would be nice if it happened, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
The mermaid balloon is incredible. My youngest would go crazy for it!

Aww! I hope you get to experience a booklet real soon :wizard:

Yeah, Doctor Disney said that BoG was supposed to open reservation breakfast windows today. Well, that didn't happen. Can't trust anyone online nowadays :sad2:

I still love my balloon, 20 hours later. Its really complex and cool! I will always love my Ariel balloon.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my family wasn't issued a new booklet when we switched resorts from AoA to GF last year :( switching resorts is exciting though!!!

The WL is growing on me so hard. I can't wait to see it in person!

The only weird thing was that they suggested PoTC when PoTC is going to be down for refurb for the whole summer. I wonder how many other people were suggested PoTC?

She was really talented and asked me a bunch of LM trivia. It was fun :jester:
Oh poo, oh well then.

You'll love WL, I promise! :-)

It's T-Shirt Time!
139 days out

Whew! First week of tech is over. Second week/the actual show begins tomorrow. I'm so happy to finally perform it, but I'm going to miss this cast so much :(

I don't know if any of you caught my PTR for my last trip, but my mother really likes getting matching t-shirts for our Disney vacations. Last year we tried to get them. And they were a debacle.

BqHrBWZIMAA1BRn.jpg

Woof. Rough times, man, I'm telling you. The people who did the shirts were really nice, and they fixed the mistake free of charge, but still... woof.

We really wanted to support a local business by buying our shirts from them last time, but after the mess that we encountered last year, my mother had decided that we can never go there again. So we've decided to go with customink.com instead. For those of you who don't know what CustomInk is, it's a platform in which you can choose and decorate t-shirts, sweatpants, hats, etc. to your liking for group events. If you know what Zazzle is, CustomInk is like Zazzle. If you don't know what Zazzle is, CustomInk is like CustomInk.

I whipped up a bunch of designs this morning. The first was this:

tshirt1_zpssvjwvbnd.jpg

I apologize in advance for the horrific quality of these photos. My computer does that.

Anyway, this was a concept I had in my head from last year. A grey t-shirt with tons of pink and cute lettering and a castle. Mom didn't know if dad would appreciate wearing pink, and the embroidery place couldn't do any fun fonts or pictures, so we scratched the idea. But it's back now! And it's a saved design! And it's officially in the running for this year's T-Shirt!

tshirt3_zpspucyusa1.jpg

This was my second idea. I think that green is really pretty, and it reminded me of Tinkerbell, so I went for that. I also like the font. I'm not sure if this is my favorite design, but the green is less obnoxious than last year's green so it's got that going for it.

tshirt5_zpsq2ay1wey.jpg

I kind of like this one because it's consistent with the theme of this being a graduation trip. It's not the prettiest shirt in the bunch, but it lets everyone know I'm going off to college. And sometimes, that means cast members giving me free ice cream. Maybe.

And yes, these are all pocket t-shirts. What good is a t-shirt without a pocket?

tshirt4_zpsdlusryqt.jpg

This is my second favorite design. It's kind of boring, but still cute. I looked up Disney quotes on Google images to find something inspiring for the graduation one, and then I came across the Dory quote and figured it would be great for a t-shirt of it's own! I love the font and the little fishy. I'm not sure if my family will go for it.

tshirt2_zpso6wfkuts.jpg

This is my favorite shirt design so far. I love the color, I love the font, I love the little palm trees. The palm trees aren't specific to Disney, but- they're found everywhere in Florida, right? Part of me secretly hopes that my family really falls in love with this one and none of the other ones. But shhh, it isn't all about me this trip so I can't say that ;)

Now that you've seen the t-shirt designs, I've got to dash again. Anybody have a favorite design ;) ?

Fun! I threaten my family with shirts but I never follow through, lol!!

I am torn between the grad shirt and the "life is the bubbles" shirt, because Ariel and I go way back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter