I'll be mostly MIA for a little while..

ConcKahuna

<font color=darkorchid>Corn was on sale, 10 ears f
So as some of you may know, my DP was diagnosed with bone cancer during his hospital stay last year. It's been in remission, but the missed work last year and added medical bills for the monthy doctors visits have taken thier toll. Back in December, I had to go to court because I had fallen behind on my lot rent and was on the verge of eviction. They let me stay, but I was then contractually bound to pay the lot rent and associated legal fees by a certain date each month, at rist of immediate eviction.

Well, the car we were using was the property of a good friend who had been living in Belguim. She came back to the states and took it, and our other car was not running well (it overheated badly if you drove more than 5 miles or so). I brought it to the shop, and it would have cost about $2200 to get it fixed. The friend whos car we had been using gave us $500, and my DP had about $1100 in Disney stock, so we cashed it in and a I got a new car for $1500 (cheapest I could find that didnt need repairs).

The problem was, after registration fees, insurance (the other car had been under our friend's insurance), etc, it cost about another $400. These fees meant I was late on my lot rent.

So as of Thursday I no longer live at my current house. Since I am not allowed to live in it unless i move it (wich I cant afford), the mortgage company will buy back my home so my credit wont take a hit and I wont have to pay. I DID manage to find a new place already, but it may take me a few days/weeks to get everything transferred over and get my internet up.

So basically, I'll only be able to DIS at work. Since I actually do have to work from time to time, I probably wont be posting a whole lot. Feel free to PM me though, as it alerts my work e-mail when I get them :thumbsup2

And if you have my work e-mail, you can bug me there as well. If you want that e-mail, just send me a PM lol

David

David! :grouphug:

I had no idea your partner had been ill. I'm so sorry for all the money woes. I know from experience how much it sucks.

I hope I get a chance to meet you when I go with my Mom in October..You've been a great and funny friend.

I'll be keeping you and your partner in my thoughts...

Rosie

OMG, David. I had no idea you had such difficulty in your life. You and your DP will so be in my prayers.:grouphug:

David - I'm so sorry. It's a shame that you two have to go through all this while you're dealing with his illness. I'm glad he's in remission and that's the really important thing. I'll keep you and your DP in my thoughts.

I am so sorry! I will be keeping you and your DP in my thoughts! I hope you have a very smooth move and end up even happier at your new place :)

David,
I am so sorry to hear about your home and your car! :hug: I hope you guys are able to get settled in your new place without too much difficulty! :wizard: You will be in my thoughts.

Just wanted to echo everyone else's sentiments, Conck!

Hope things get better for you really quickly!

In the meantime, I'll think lots of happy thoughts for you.

Wow, I knew that your DP had been ill last year, I think you got ill with him or just after him, but I had no idea that he had been diagnosed with cancer. I am very sorry to hear this. :hug:

I sounds like you are finding some positive alternatives to the difficult situations and that life is hopefully headed in a less dramatic direction. Corey and I will keep you guys in our prayers.

ConcK

If you need anything call me, I'm right down the road....

OK OK a good distance down the road, and through the woods...

But you know what I mean!

Mike

DAMN MAN!

I'm not a religous person, so I don't believe in prayers, but understand you have the support of myself and Chip. You definately deserve a round on us when we get to the Mouse House in about a month.

Best wishes here man!

Wow! I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear that, David. When it rains it pours.......and sometimes there are no umbrellas. :guilty: Let us know if you need anything.

*hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear that, I'll be keeping you and your DP in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

WOW.
I'm totally speechless!!

So sorry to hear all of this. :hug:
I'm going to keep thinking positive thoughts for you dude.
Hope it all turns around real soon.
thththpeaces_icons-MichaelDust.gif

David,

I am sitting here in tears as I am reading your post. I had known about your partner but didn't realize all the other stuff was going on too. You are in my thoughts and please know (as I am sure you could tell from all the posts) that we are ALL here for you. If you need a shoulder (or 20:goodvibes ) to lean on - hunt us down and we will be there.

Stay strong and remember that this will pass and you will be a stronger person after it!

Robb:)

So sorry to hear about your troubles, David. Lean on us. We're a strong group! This too, shall pass. May the remission be a recovery, and may your new home be a happy one. I, too, am without a car which obstructs me from a lot of opportunities. Ah, well - - - with gas prices as they are, I'm probably better off....
Best wishes for a full recovery all around! :hug:

David, I am so sorry about all this. I do remember that you had told me about your partner health quite a while back. Didn't realize that things had snowballed to this state.

You both are in my thoughts and prayers my friend.

I am a long time lurker and I just wanted to wish you both well. I hope things turn around quickly :hug:

I am sorry to hear of all your troubles. but i am happy to hear your DP is in remission. I will keep you both in my prayers, things will turn around for you, you seem like a positive person, don't get down.
the most important thing is your DP is still here and in remission. we can always get our material possessions back, but our health and loved ones are irreplacable. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter