I'll be darned... IT WORKED!

Still nothing for me... it's been about a week since I went in and saved 3 different packages....

however, I went back in today and all of the "saved" ones were gone, to be found nowhere? Is this normal? I went ahead and saved 3 more, for some new dates (later in the year... Sept.Oct.Nov).... just weird that they were erased - anyone else have this?

Still nothing for me... it's been about a week since I went in and saved 3 different packages....

however, I went back in today and all of the "saved" ones were gone, to be found nowhere? Is this normal? I went ahead and saved 3 more, for some new dates (later in the year... Sept.Oct.Nov).... just weird that they were erased - anyone else have this?

No, mine are still there from Sat and I saved 1 more after I received the email PIN twice (mom and tues after I used it!) All 4 are there.

What dates do you save? Maybe mine are not within the range?

I saved the dates I was considering going November 28-Dec 4 and Dec 5-Dec 12. I saved 2 different resorts and I was sent my pin referencing the deluxe. I did book the CBR with the PIN.

My saved vacations were there and still nothing for me. I'm wondering if you don't get a pin to first time registrants like myself who've never gone before and they only give "loyalty" customers discounts?

I've done the disney destinations save thing 2Xs now and both times got pin codes for DL - probably because I'm on the west coast, grrr - I want WDW! And I've gotten the enter to win email, the volunteer email and a snail mail postcard from disney destinations thanking me for visiting the poly and giving me a 'gift' of free desktop icons and background. :mad:

I saved an offer for the Polynesian for the dates we wanted over 3 weeks ago. Just when I figured no PIN was coming, I got the 20/30/40 one today. It was easy to miss, though like OP said. The email itself was all about the Polynesian, with a few things on the bottom, including the PIN. Read your emails carefully!

Well I'll be darned.

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and read these boards once or twice a week. I did the litte "trick" talked about here, and saved three different price quotes.

Lo and behold, I check my email today and there it is! The 20/30/40 deal. The email is from Disney Destinations and has a big picture of DAKL as that was one of the hotels we saved. The pin offer itself is to the lower right of the email.

Sigh.

We just went last October, and here we are already planning to go back in November. :-)

-D

Well I'll be darned.

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker and read these boards once or twice a week. I did the litte "trick" talked about here, and saved three different price quotes.

Lo and behold, I check my email today and there it is! The 20/30/40 deal. The email is from Disney Destinations and has a big picture of DAKL as that was one of the hotels we saved. The pin offer itself is to the lower right of the email.

Sigh.

We just went last October, and here we are already planning to go back in November. :-)

-D

Yay! It worked for me:goodvibes Thanks so much for this thread. We were hoping for free dining at a Mod for September but 30% off is great in case we can't get the free dining!

The saved offers have an "expiry date" ... I think it's about 1 month from the date you saved them

My theory on this "trick" is if you already are selected to receive a pin from Disney, you will trigger the pin by email when you save some vacations plans. I saved my plans again to see if I would get a different pin, but I got the same one 2 more times.

I think we had one in the system originally and didn't know it.:confused3

My theory on this "trick" is if you already are selected to receive a pin from Disney, you will trigger the pin by email when you save some vacations plans. I saved my plans again to see if I would get a different pin, but I got the same one 2 more times.

I think we had one in the system originally and didn't know it.:confused3

I don't know if that's so true. I had never saved a vacation prior to a week ago (and received the pin twice referencing one of the vacations). I have received quite a few PINs over the years, especially the last year or so. I have gotten percentage off rooms, kids stay/play free, adults play and eat for price of kids, free $500 giftcard on any resort and free dining to name some off the top of my head. I did save a few in hopes of getting the late fall dates since we're going in a couple weeks and I was debating as to whether or not to get APs. Well, we got the pin, I booked 2 rooms at 30% off so the AP is a yes. Hopefully, the AP rate will be better than that, but who knows if the resort will have any rooms at the AP rate! That happened for our Feb stay, no standard or even woods view at WL for the fist week of Feb, so we are just keeping the 40% off PIN rate in a Woods view. I've checked daily for the AP or even GP codes-nothing! So you never know if what you want will be out there when a code becomes available. I think the higher priced rooms in the Deluxe are the focus of the codes/pins lately.

I saved an offer for the Polynesian for the dates we wanted over 3 weeks ago. Just when I figured no PIN was coming, I got the 20/30/40 one today. It was easy to miss, though like OP said. The email itself was all about the Polynesian, with a few things on the bottom, including the PIN. Read your emails carefully!

WOW!! Thank you! I tried this trick and saved a few vacations last week and received an email this a.m. I've gotten pins many times in the past and thought I knew what to look for but totally would have missed this one!::confused3 I though it was just an email offering me to explore my resort, the poly. After reading this thread I decided to go back and double check. Lo and behold, there it was on the bottom left of the email. I almost deleted it this a.m. :scared1: Thanks people!!! :thumbsup2

I got a pin earlier today. I had saved a few about a week ago and changed some around yesterday. Mine was in reference to a moderate I had saved. Read them carefully.

I am a PIN magnet and the last few years I have recieved TONS in the mail and email but I hadn't recieved anything since our trip in Sept. I beefed up my activity online and next thing I know I got the 20/30/40 PIN yesterday! Woohoo!

After a month of trying, saving different resorts, different dates, we finally got a pin!!:worship: Thanks for all the helpful advice and great ideas. We couldn't have done this without you all. We are going 8/5-8/14 CR club level and saved $1000 from original reservation with regular room. We are all screaming for joy, and it's still 6 1/2 months away. Thanks again! (This will be a first for us, booking club level, I am sure it will be all we dreamed of):cloud9:

OMG!!! It worked!
I started a new Disney account under DH's email address and saved some resort stays on there. I did a regular search and saved one value, one moderate, and one deluxe.
One thing I did different on his than on mine, was whatever resort they "recommended" - you know, the big one that pops up and then to the right is says "alternate resorts" - well, whatever they recommended I just added that one.
Maybe that's the trick.

The email header was just like everyone said! And I just saved $240 on a 4-night stay in my cabin!
:banana:

i think i'm trying all the "tricks" everyone's listed and i still haven't gotten the PIN for the rest of 2010 (after June... I got the one that's good for up until June)... patiently waiting... :rolleyes1 man, i've never wanted to book something so bad in my life!!!!! :wizard:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!:worship::worship::worship:

We were looking for some discount in August and you made me realize I already had one. If it were not for this post, I would not have realized that I even had the code. I played around with dates a few weeks ago while logged into the Disney site but didn't save any offers. Then a few days after that I got an email talking about my possible upcoming trip. Thankfully, I did not delete that message. After seeing your post, I looked at the bottom of that email and saw the same thing...a code good for a large portion of 2010.

You made our day!!!! For those of you still trying, my email was all about POR with photos from there with fine details at the bottom. Thanks Again!

Well I opened up my email to see an email entitled "thanks from your Pals at Disney".
I was so excited until I opened it. Guess what I got instead of a PIN. Some Disney letterhead that I can download and use. Yippee!! Who wants a PIN when I got some letterhead?:dance3:
Seriously, I keep saving vacations and I keep getting emails from Disney but no PINS. And yes I read every inch of the email.
Maybe they are not sending these PINS to Canadians?:confused3 Any Canadians on here receive this PIN?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter