I'll be darned... IT WORKED!

Maxsmom- yes that is it! It is a Disney site, but different than when I go onto the Disney World site. I played around with a couple of dates and resorts, then I updated my information on the site and next thing I knew, I had the code sent to me. I actually called last night and got a great price at Saratoga Springs for 6 people (saved over $1000 from price I had gotten on Disney site without the discount). I hope it works for you!

To whomever it was that found this trick - THANK YOU!

We just saved over 600 bucks on our Dec trip from the AAA rate we booked in August or whenever. :earsboy:

We booked our last trip with AAA. Can I get the AAA rate in addition to the pin code discount?

We booked our last trip with AAA. Can I get the AAA rate in addition to the pin code discount?

I'm pretty sure it's one or the other but the travel agent was shocked. All told it was about $1000 discount from the published rack rate/meal plan/etc.

I'm happy about it. :)

Thank you! I will call AAA later and find out. One more question, being that we are going in August, if Disney offers free dining again, can I take advantage of that too?

Yesterday I updated my profile and then saved a few room only offers and within 3 hours we got an email that contained the pin for most of 2010:woohoo:. One of the offers I saved was during my anniversary so when it asked me "what will you be celebrating" I obviously put in anniversary. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The pin offer did not mention villas so I was wondering if the 40% would be good on villas too.

I have just done this. So hears to hoping we get a pin. We are already booked for this Sept. hoping for FD, but we wanted to a add afew nights on at the end at a Deluxe and was really hoping for that PIN. crossing my fingers.

I got a pin code email last year and this year...I was soo happy I got it last year because otherwise I couldn't have even considered going to WDW...we got 5 nights at All Star Music for $54 a night in March...it was awesome! I got one a month or so ago but I won't be using it since I'll be living there doing the College Program woohoo...

I think it's weird that they don't just send the pin codes out to everyone, both times that I received one I didn't have any potential trip dates saved or anything on their site and hadn't even been considering a vacation at all. I love WDW but when I went last year it was only because I got the code, I wasn't even considering it until I got the code which I wasn't expecting

Do most of you guys live east of the Mississippi or South?
because I think WDW is targeting that region.
I've been trying for 5 months on 3 diffferent email accounts with no luck.
I did everything humanly possiable and lastly called twice and asked--
still nothing.

Taken several surveys (short and long), saved vacations (several times)
made sure that my pop up blocker approved of WDW, checked the correctness of my emails, spoke online and directly to CMs, order DVDs and park maps--still nothing that's why I think that the pin code is for a targeting
area. I had to finally book because the standard rooms at AKL sold out
for OCT. and had to go to POOL View just to have something in case of a
discount. This is so frustrating.:sad2::headache:

Thank you! I will call AAA later and find out. One more question, being that we are going in August, if Disney offers free dining again, can I take advantage of that too?

You can only use one discount. If you use a PIN you cannot add Free Dining to that discounted price.
If you book a PIN and they offer Free Dining, you can switch discounts from the PIN to Free Dining (based on availability).

I'm doing it too - cross your fingers!!!
We have a AAA discount on the cabin, but since it's a moderate now this would be a much better discount!
Is the discount just on the rooms or also on the tickets?

I'm doing it too - cross your fingers!!!
We have a AAA discount on the cabin, but since it's a moderate now this would be a much better discount!
Is the discount just on the rooms or also on the tickets?

the 20/30/40 PIN is for room only...you can add dining and tickets but they will be at full price. :)

Do most of you guys live east of the Mississippi or South?
because I think WDW is targeting that region.
I've been trying for 5 months on 3 diffferent email accounts with no luck.
I did everything humanly possiable and lastly called twice and asked--
still nothing. :

I'm from WV and I've been on the darn Disney website saving and deleting vacation offers for weeks now and NOTHING!!! We had to skip last year because we were unable to go when we got the FREE dining PIN code. This year, we are ONLY able to go in June and NOTHING!!!! Every day I get on the DIS, a few more people are getting the 20/30/40 code and I get nothing. I feel your pain. :eek:

I have not got a pin code yet but still anxiously awaiting one!! I just have one question...is the % you get off for the room only are on the entire package?

I have not got a pin code yet but still anxiously awaiting one!! I just have one question...is the % you get off for the room only are on the entire package?

The current PIN appears to be % off the room only. You can add the tix and dining to your discounted room rate (but they will be full price).

I'm from WV and I've been on the darn Disney website saving and deleting vacation offers for weeks now and NOTHING!!! We had to skip last year because we were unable to go when we got the FREE dining PIN code. This year, we are ONLY able to go in June and NOTHING!!!! Every day I get on the DIS, a few more people are getting the 20/30/40 code and I get nothing. I feel your pain. :eek:

So with you on this! Both hubby and I have been doing all the "tricks" and nothing! I was feeling really sorry for myself until the room only code came out through June 3 - basically the same thing as the PIN everyone was getting. We had to bump our trip up a week to take advantage of it, but I'm wondering if they don't extend it after the March 27 booking deadline for stays through the summer. If they do then we'll go back to the week we were originally planning on!

Anyway, good luck to all of us unlucky non-PIN recipients! Let's hope for an extension on the general public room only discout Disney if offering is offering now!

is it disneydestinations.com that ends up taking you back to disneyworld.com is that right? I want to try to get a pin.

is it disneydestinations.com that ends up taking you back to disneyworld.com is that right? I want to try to get a pin.

Create an account on WaltDisneyWorld.com...Be sure to update your profile and that the "receive emails" box is checked there....price out some vacations/packages and click the "save" button (you can save up to 5).
Then keep your fingers crossed that you receive an email from Disney Destinations.

I went there and it also took back to the regular disneyworld.com w/ my already saved vacations. Good luck. Nothing has worked for me and we have gotten a lot of pins, right up to the point that I need one for this summer and then nothing.

Finally got the pin for 20/30/40 for most of next year using tips found on the boards!

Thanks!

I called to find out the expiration date, and it is December 16th (same as last usable pin night). This is, of course, provided they still have rooms available.

:)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter