Il Pochi il Fiero y Blabbermouths...Magical Reunion FINALLY!!!

:cool1: welcome back Irene! Can't wait for one of your fabulous trip reports!!

Yes, it is past time for the trip report...Life however has caught upnwith me and I found getting back into the grind a little harder to adjustnto.

still, a trip report with oics will be fortcoming....

Just hit the 90 day mark for our August 25th Eastern cruise on the Fantasy:banana: Booked Palo (Yum!!) and parasailing for Alexa on CC. When we went 2 yrs ago it was supposed to be part of her birthday treat but the winds were too high and it got cancelled. I am hoping she can go this time! I think I will do some non-DCL excursions but not sure what yet. Anyone have any suggestions? We will be in St. Thomas/St. John and St. Maarten.

Oh WOW, how exciting.....We dove on St. thomas and it was fabulous so I would recommend snokeling. On St. John and St. maarten we rented a car and drove around thebislands. st. john had a nice National Park, great views of the ocean and lots of beaches, sompack your suit. st. maarten was a little bit of a hoot. We fell victim to the fresh lobster tiki bar.......

And speaking of pictures, how about one of the Grad Girl?????

Grad Girl with her new MSU ID. Unbelieveably, Jim could find his as well. Proud Dad / Daughter moment.

306926_4023952519875_36360036_n.jpg

We're proud of her, too! Great job, Lisa!!
Jim had more hair way back then.....but so did I, so I'm not making fun.:sad2:

Jared decided on the Army National Guard, and goes for his physical tomorrow. It sounds like he won't be going anywhere until after the first of the year, though. In some ways I'm glad, and in others, I feel like I'll never be rid of kids. ;)

I came across these pictures the other day and almost cried. I can't believe how much time has gone by.

The one of Jared was from our first cruise ever, on the Wonder. He was just turning 8 years old.

696.jpg

The DIS kids!

708.jpg

Hi all! I've been away from the boards for a while. Congrats to all of your kids that have graduated from high school!!! You should all be very proud of them.

Irene, I'm waiting to see your trip report of Hawaii.

We cruised on the Fantasy June 2-9. It was once again an amazing cruise. We had a great group of DISers. I'll have to do a brief trip report one of these days.

I did post all of our pics (over 200) on PhotoBucket. If you're interested in looking, send me a PM or FB message and I'll send the link with the password.

Ang

Just hit the 90 day mark for our August 25th Eastern cruise on the Fantasy:banana: Booked Palo (Yum!!) and parasailing for Alexa on CC. When we went 2 yrs ago it was supposed to be part of her birthday treat but the winds were too high and it got cancelled. I am hoping she can go this time! I think I will do some non-DCL excursions but not sure what yet. Anyone have any suggestions? We will be in St. Thomas/St. John and St. Maarten.

Hey,

We did the Eastern June 2-9. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship.

In St. Maarten, we just got the water taxi over to Great Bay. The water was calm there & perfect for our 11 & 9 year old DDs.

At St. Thomas, we did the champagne sail & snorkel through DCL. We had a great time. The water was a little choppy that day so I didn't enjoy snorkeling. The girls & DH liked it though. We did see turtles & some fish.

Jelly fish were bad on CC. DD9 got stung so that was pretty much the end of the beach day for us.

We found out that there was a trial of Remy champagne lunch. So we decided to try it instead of Palo brunch. I would recommend it. We had 6 courses with a champagne pairing with each (included in the price). Portions were small but I went away very full. DH was hungry an hour later but he said that was probably from the alcohol.

If you have any questions, ask away!
Angie

Irene & Sam....and Suzanne....and anyone else who didn't see these on Facebook. Thought you might like to see Jared at his "Swearing In" ceremony for the Army National Guard on Thursday. My, how our DIS kids have grown!
For some reason, the pictures loaded backwards, so start with the last one, and go backwards to see them in order.;)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/Jared Swearing In 06-21-12/

Hey,

We did the Eastern June 2-9. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship.

Jelly fish were bad on CC. DD9 got stung so that was pretty much the end of the beach day for us.

Angie

Did you go up to see the new Satellite Falls? I wish they'd had that on the Dream, the only thing that kept me cool up there was the outdoor shower...but I liked that it wasn't crowded.

I've never seen jelly fish on CC. Ick!!! I see them a lot on the Mexican Riviera. Got stung multiple times while I was doing a "swim with a sea lion" excursion in PV once. I'd paid extra for it, so there was no way I wanted to get out of the water. Luckily, I carry jelly fish sting relief in my bag! It helped a LOT.

Did you go up to see the new Satellite Falls? I wish they'd had that on the Dream, the only thing that kept me cool up there was the outdoor shower...but I liked that it wasn't crowded.

I've never seen jelly fish on CC. Ick!!! I see them a lot on the Mexican Riviera. Got stung multiple times while I was doing a "swim with a sea lion" excursion in PV once. I'd paid extra for it, so there was no way I wanted to get out of the water. Luckily, I carry jelly fish sting relief in my bag! It helped a LOT.

I don't think I ever saw Satellite Falls on but only because we never hung out at the adult-only pool areas too much. Bruce & I did enjoy the pool area one day. I sat on the ledge to the pool & was cool because people kept going in & out the forward doors. I did see that the Concierge folks had their own area that needed key entry.

Irene & Sam....and Suzanne....and anyone else who didn't see these on Facebook. Thought you might like to see Jared at his "Swearing In" ceremony for the Army National Guard on Thursday. My, how our DIS kids have grown!
For some reason, the pictures loaded backwards, so start with the last one, and go backwards to see them in order.;)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/Jared Swearing In 06-21-12/

I started looking at the pics on FB one day then couldn't find them anymore. FB does weird stuff sometimes. You should be very proud but I completely understand your apprehension.

Ang

I started looking at the pics on FB one day then couldn't find them anymore. FB does weird stuff sometimes. You should be very proud but I completely understand your apprehension.

Ang

I hope Jared is as happy with his decision to join the Military as Matt has been. You know how "anxious" I was when Matt made the choice to join the Air Force, but he seems to be very happy with his decision.

Congrats to the grads, thanks for the pictures! And I hope that works out very well for Jared. What a cute chair nap picture!

Kevin is off on a Dive Pirates trip in Grand Cayman. He did this last year, assisting a disabled person so they can dive.

I still have Alicia at home, still working at the Apple store and doing well. She plans a move to Boston in the spring, so it will be empty here for sure. Trying to make sure she knows how to cook and clean before she goes!

I hope Jared is as happy with his decision to join the Military as Matt has been. You know how "anxious" I was when Matt made the choice to join the Air Force, but he seems to be very happy with his decision.

Jared served his first weekend duty, and even when they were ordered (many times!) to do pushups or whatever, he still was excited to come home and tell stories. I have no doubt that some of that new excitement will wear off quickly during boot camp, but he knows what he's getting into, and is happy with his choice. He could have gone to college, could have just gotten a job, could have taken over the welding shop....but this is what he wanted, with the goal of an education complements of the Army. And over time, I'll probably get more used to the idea, too.;)

Congrats to the grads, thanks for the pictures! And I hope that works out very well for Jared. What a cute chair nap picture!

Kevin is off on a Dive Pirates trip in Grand Cayman. He did this last year, assisting a disabled person so they can dive.

I still have Alicia at home, still working at the Apple store and doing well. She plans a move to Boston in the spring, so it will be empty here for sure. Trying to make sure she knows how to cook and clean before she goes!

We were in Grand Cayman earlier this month, for the first time. Don't know how we missed it on all of our other cruises, but I liked it.

What are Alicia's plans for Boston? It's SO hard to see them go.......maybe we'll just have to do some "Mom" trips to Boston....or anywhere....to keep from being so lonely!

Not much to Grand Cayman unless you are under the water! They had enough wind yesterday to cancel the dives, don't know if Debby's effect is reaching that far.

I know the Floridians are getting soaked.

Alicia has a boyfriend who moved home to Boston before they got serious. She's close to getting a promotion to Genius here, so is giving it a while before she moves. She loves it there. On her last visit, she met a girl in her same position at the Apple store that had a degree from her BF's college. She still says she wants to continue her education, guess we will see.

Not much reason for us to stay here after that, if Boston sticks. Kevin's company has closed, his boys are in Houston, all I really have here is one brother. We have an office building to sell, a house to empty and sell (that will take a few years), and some health issues to take care of, then you guys might be seeing us in your local RV parks!

With the diving and photography gear, of course! We will make sure the sleeper sofa is comfy.

Stacey, I know it is hard to watch him go. He's the baby and it was fast! He will be fine, I know it. Some of us have some real adjustments coming up, most of our babies are grown, and some even have babies of their own!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter