Il Mulino

coup2516

Mouseketeer
We are skipping the DDP for this trip so we are trying some of the places that are not on the plan. There isn't a whole lot on here that I can find about Il Mulino. Can people who have been there share some of their experiences.

Where would you rank Il Mulino in comparison to the Signature's on the DDP?

We have only eaten there once but it was very good.:thumbsup2

We are skipping the DDP for this trip so we are trying some of the places that are not on the plan. There isn't a whole lot on here that I can find about Il Mulino. Can people who have been there share some of their experiences.

One of the best restaurants on property, and at least on par with the Signatures. We've dined there every trip since they opened.

Yes, on par withte signature establishments, excellent food and excellent service. Do check to see if there is a restaurant.com certificate available, we used one last year.

Our Ratings of Il Mulino: (7/15/2011)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: A
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: A
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: This is only one of five sit-down eateries we patronize at WDW. The
service is always exquisite and the food very-good-to-excellent. I want to feel
important at a fine dinner, and IL Mulino does this to their patrons. We felt the
price-to-food/service ratio to be of excellent value. We had two servers who
kept our glasses full and our needs always met. It is good to be pampered.

We ate there earlier this year and were very impressed. REally good food and service. Not cheap - but then this is at Disney.

I know a lot of people like it but I think the best Italian restaurant on property is Portobello. I grew up with family off the boat from Sicily and while no restaurant down there comes close to authentic homemade I found Portobello to be the closest. I though Il Molino just tried too hard to be overly fancy. Even the restaurants I ate at in Italy didn't try so hard, they just let the basics speak for themselves.

JMO.

I know a lot of people like it but I think the best Italian restaurant on property is Portobello. I grew up with family off the boat from Sicily and while no restaurant down there comes close to authentic homemade I found Portobello to be the closest. I though Il Molino just tried too hard to be overly fancy. Even the restaurants I ate at in Italy didn't try so hard, they just let the basics speak for themselves.

JMO.

Very interesting point. I think most people don't realize that there are actually different regions of Italy and the cuisine varies depending on which you are more familiar with.

Very interesting point. I think most people don't realize that there are actually different regions of Italy and the cuisine varies depending on which you are more familiar with.

Absolutely. In Venice the food was completely different than in Tuscany and in Verona horse is a commonly meal. I think most people are more familiar with Tuscan or southern Italian cuisine as a general rule.

The only true high end Italian dining experience on property. We love Il Mulino's it is a must due each trip. Will be there again on Sept 3rd.

JMO.

We are actually doing Portobello during the trip as well. We will have to report back on which we preferred.

I really enjoyed it on our last trip. We were staying at the Swan, and had the restaurant.com coupon. We had dinner there the first night of our trip; then headed over to Epcot for the evening.

I really just enjoyed it; there wasn't any one thing that stood out, but it was just a nice pleasant meal.

I think Il Mulino is better than any of Disney's signatures and it's our go to place for a quiet romantic meal.

It's clearly the best Italian restaurant at WDW and ranks with Blue Zoo and Shula's as far as the Signature restaurants go.

My husband and I love Il Mulino! we try to go every trip if budget allows it. if we do not dine in the restaurant we get an app and drink in the courtyard. it really has a wonderful atmosphere.

Thanks for all the suggestions. DH and I will be going over Christmas and I'm thinking this should be a definite this time. since we're staying at the YC it will be a short walk.

I ate at Il Mulino on my birthday and it was good. The good that is, the service was incredible. I actually think the food at Mama Melrose is better, but only by a bit. Il Mulino gets the nod for atmosphere and service for sure, but their food isn't great. It is on par with the other signature restaurants.

If in Italy you might choose different. BUT... your in Orlando. I would like to know what exactly what is authentic Italian. Who is the diffenitive authority ? If your restaurant savy you will enjoy it. A bit expensive, but as others have said the service is very good. The Tartofo dessert rocks.

Ernie

We have had some really good meals at Il Mulino. Atmosphere varies with where you are seated, so dont be shy about asking for a different table.

Il Mulino gives a TIW discount now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter