Ike is making his presence known.

Feralpeg

Living and Loving Windermere!
We started getting the outer bands from Ike today. We've had severe thunderstorms this afternoon. There is currently a tornado warning in place around Poinciana moving toward the Kissimmee area. Earlier, there was a tornado warning around the Ocala area. Ike is a monster of a storm. It literally covers half the Gulf. The outer bands are reaching as far north as Jacksonville. They say we will get more rain and wind tomorrow as Ike slowly pulls away.

Ike is now predicted to reach Cat 4 status before making landfall in Texas. My prayers go out to all of those in Ike's path.

Stay safe Texas! We've gotten some nasty rain and we are far from the storm.

After my damage from Fay may I suggest that people move anything irreplaceable away from outer walls and off the floor.

I hope everyone in the area is safe and you guys don't get any damage!

Stay safe, get out while you can if your in his path!!!

im getting very :scared: and there is no hotel rooms anywhere in texas:scared: i remember when i first moved to galveston tropical storm allison flooded my house. know im really nervous because i have kids.

we have had the bands for a couple of days..the wind is crazy and I forgot what the sun looks like!

im getting very :scared: and there is no hotel rooms anywhere in texas:scared: i remember when i first moved to galveston tropical storm allison flooded my house. know im really nervous because i have kids.

Stay safe. Is there anywhere else besides TX you can go?

We got some gentle rains here in Central Fla. I'll happily take those to what Texas is facing. I'm seriously scared for y'all.

i guess some other state. the only thing that is crappy ,is that they have us all leaving at the same time,so a 5 hr drive will take you about 15 hrs:sad2: during rita people were stuck in traffic so long their cars ran out of gas. omg im really startin to freak.

in 2004 we decided to leave for a hurricane. As you can see on my left, I live 2.5 south of Disney.
It took us 6 hours to get to Orlando and it was bumper to bumper for miles. We waited about 45 minutes for gas and then we didn't know how far or where the next time we would find some.
We got off the Disney exit and turned around and came home..only took 2.5 hours to go south but the turnpike was solid going north

NEVER WILL DO THAT AGAIN!

i guess some other state. the only thing that is crappy ,is that they have us all leaving at the same time,so a 5 hr drive will take you about 15 hrs:sad2: during rita people were stuck in traffic so long their cars ran out of gas. omg im really startin to freak.
----------------------

I assume most people are heading north? What if you headed west for a bit and then north?

Do you have the necessary supplies to make your home as safe and secure as possible in case you have to hunker down and ride it out?

I'll be praying for you - and everyone else!!

yes i do. they have called for a v.e. for parts of galveston,but i can't leave b/c of my job. please pray for me im very scared and trying not to show it in front of the kids,so they don't get scared. we might go to louisana,but im not sure how things are there bc of gustva (SP) well im packing up stuff and getting ready for when we have to leave.

Oh I know, I was the one posting on here trying to find a room for my friend who just for gustav from N.O. and got stuck 2 hrs away in Alabama for 15hrs. Hopefully TX is more prepared than alabama was with contraflow. Maybe call the red cross and ask what way out is the best??

Oh I know, I was the one posting on here trying to find a room for my friend who just for gustav from N.O. and got stuck 2 hrs away in Alabama for 15hrs. Hopefully TX is more prepared than alabama was with contraflow. Maybe call the red cross and ask what way out is the best??

texas is not any better. they have us going one way north and that is why the highways are bumper to bumper:eek:

texas is not any better. they have us going one way north and that is why the highways are bumper to bumper:eek:

------------------------

I haven't seen the weather tonight.. When are they expecting Ike to make landfall?

Saying a prayer for all of you down there. My dh is among you. He was called to LA with a disaster medical team 2 weeks ago for Gustav...and he hasn't been home since. They've given his team orders to move from where they've been in LA (Alexandria, Baton Rouge & Zachary) to Lake Charles, LA today and I expect they'll move them into TX soon. If anyone sees a handsome bald medic give him a :hug: from me? :goodvibes

------------------------

I haven't seen the weather tonight.. When are they expecting Ike to make landfall?

Right now the National Hurricane Center cone looks like landfall will be early morning hours on Saturday. It's path now appears to be toward Texas, exactly between the LA and Mexico borders.

I know you are scared but being in Galveston I'd think you'd be safer there than trying to run somewhere. Current tracks have it hitting closer to Corpus.

Contraflow out of Corpus (37) starts at 7 am tomorrow. After the Rita mess, I bet they contraflow 45 and 10 if the tracks start moving north.

I'm hoping my old house in SA is ok....cheesy I know but that was home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter