• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you've used a private car service, please come in...

sproutmd

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to help ease my husband's mind. We have hired Tony Hinds, but he is concerned with safety. He was sort of okay with it, but now that it's getting closer, he is worried. I think because Tony is not part of a company, that is what is bothersome. The only thing I thought was odd was that he wanted full payment in cash upon arrival at the hotel. Other than that, everything seems fine. Do you have any suggestions for me? Or if you've used Tony, could you chime in so I can show him that several people are on here have used him and liked the service? TIA!

i have used tony hinds for quite a few years for multiple trips each year.
i met him when he was working for murray hill transportation back in probably 2000.

i have been extremely satisfied with him and do recommend him to others.

he established his own company for private transportation and does have others work for him when he has an over load of clients to transport.
i have used one of his drivers and he was just as fine as Tony.

most companies i used before i started with Tony had the same policy of paying on the first leg of the trip.
if you don't want to give tony cash, use a credit card instead.

drivers that park onsite at the airport do pay to do that.
tony parks just outside the doors by the carousel baggage pick up.
your walk to his vehicle would take only a couple of minutes.
his cost for parking onsite, is not passed on to any of his customers.

when i used other transportation services, none of them parked onsite.
i had to walk to the parking section where other transportation pick ups were..

if you need more opinions from others that have used tony hinds for his service, do a search in threads on the universal forums.
i know there have been many over the years of satisfied customers.

i do know where you are coming from in using a new person for your vacation.
i am a female that travels solo 95% of the time, in orlando.
once i find a transportation company i can trust, i stay with them.

I have used many car services over the years and had good experiences. They always require the entire trip to be paid up front but I only contract with a company that will take my credit card as payment. This way I have recourse if there is an issue with the return trip (there never has been knock wood).

I then tip 20% cash and split the tip in case the return trip driver is different than the inbound driver. I also tip a bit extra on the inbound if we take advantage of the grocery stop.

I have only had one incident of what I felt was an unsafe driver in over 30 or so round trips and I reported it to the company the minute we hit the resort. I requested not to have him drive us again and that request has been honored.

I usually prefer the smaller car services as they have more to loose for bad service and they have the same regulations and requirements as the larger companies.

Last trip I used Ultimate Town Car. Overall I liked them, it was fairly easy to get a quote online and they are friendly to vacationing needs (their website even shows prices with a 30 minute grocery stop). I've used a lot of car services all over the world with work travel and this was the first one that was txting me automatically so I was informed on the drivers arrival time. I really liked that and no guessing or worrying about if they were going to make it.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated!

I wanted to update that we used Tony, and it was a great experience. He was at the airport early to pick us up, and at the hotel to take us back. We had to leave our hotel at 5:30 a.m., and he was great!

Just wanted to chime in and say that I've used Tony in the past...he's pretty terrific! Just booked him for my January trip between US/IoA and WDW.

I've used several car services. NEVER AGAIN in Orlando. We had the driver who cursed like a sailor (fun things for the kids to learn), we had the driver who drove like we were running from the mafia.....

A few trips ago I was in Hess filling up the car. Some driver is cursing at the line to pay because "I have a 2 PM pickup" I look at my watch it's 2:15 already LOL!

I use car services in other cities, but Orlando is the home of "I have a big car I am a car service" Kind of the wild wild west. I asked my company in ATL why they aren't in Orlando and they said "we can't afford to run our cars with those people undercutting" (They also said "we don't know how they afford the insurance at those rates" :) )

Does this Tony have a website or email? Looking for car service from MCO to Disney Springs area property and vice versa in early March. He seems to come well recommended based on this thread. Not certain if that info can be shared here or if that is considered solicitation...but if allowed, would love to know how to contact him. We're a group of 5 including 1 6 yr old. Does he happen to have a booster seat?

looking forward to your comments
hope it works great for you as it has for others that have used him

looking forward to your comments
hope it works great for you as it has for others that have used him

It was! The dis does not lie. Tony was there at the bottom of the escalator as we came down and we were on our way before we would have even gotten on the magical express. Now we are spoiled for life... thank you all for the recommendation!

another vote for team Tony.....

i've been using car service in orlando since 1992 yearly.
i have used quite a few companies over the years i started doing disney and universal stays.

once i found Tony, i have stayed with him exclusively.
i hope he never retires.........

thank you coolbluewater for coming back here to let us know it was a good choice for you (Tony) for your transportation needs.
i hear you on being spoiled.
i took the magical express the first year it started just to try it, but used Tony for the second leg of my trip.

compared to the wait for the bus to fill up, wait for the other hotel guests to be let off and then go to my hotel drop off, wasn't worth that 70 minutes of my time.
when something is free, it isn't always the best way to go.

private car service is well worth the money for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter