If you've done the Family Magic Tour....

jenhum

Mouseketeer
I just discovered the Family Magic Tour and it looks like something my DD (8) would LOVE. She eat, sleeps and breathes Peter Pan, so the most important thing on our whole trip will be meeting Peter and riding the ride. We did Pirates and Pals last time, so I don't want to repeat that (it was great though!).

So has anyone done the Family Magic Tour and NOT met Peter? I know it's a possibility, and I certainly won't tell her ahead of time that we are meeting him, just in case. I've seen people say that it may not include Peter, but I haven't heard of anyone that ended up meeting someone else.

I just discovered the Family Magic Tour and it looks like something my DD (8) would LOVE. She eat, sleeps and breathes Peter Pan, so the most important thing on our whole trip will be meeting Peter and riding the ride. We did Pirates and Pals last time, so I don't want to repeat that (it was great though!).

So has anyone done the Family Magic Tour and NOT met Peter? I know it's a possibility, and I certainly won't tell her ahead of time that we are meeting him, just in case. I've seen people say that it may not include Peter, but I haven't heard of anyone that ended up meeting someone else.
yes I have the most amazing photos with Pan!! The FMT was my favorite thing we ever did in disney!

We met Peter, but only have done it once so far, years ago. We did not ride Peter Pan, but Small
World. My girls were young at the time and got to sit with Peter during the ride. He talked the entire ride, telling all his favorite parts, having them hunt for certain scenes, so much fun. I know nothing is guaranteed character and ride wise. We are bringing our 8 year old son in August.

We did not meet Peter. We met Wendy. We went on Winnie the Pooh and met Talking Mickey at the end. I would recommend it.

yes I have the most amazing photos with Pan!! The FMT was my favorite thing we ever did in disney!

That makes me so excited!

We met Peter, but only have done it once so far, years ago. We did not ride Peter Pan, but Small
World. My girls were young at the time and got to sit with Peter during the ride. He talked the entire ride, telling all his favorite parts, having them hunt for certain scenes, so much fun. I know nothing is guaranteed character and ride wise. We are bringing our 8 year old son in August.

That sounds amazing. I don't really care what ride we ride, but my fingers are definitely crossed for meeting Peter.

We did not meet Peter. We met Wendy. We went on Winnie the Pooh and met Talking Mickey at the end. I would recommend it.

Thanks for your reply! It's good to hear that it was still in the Peter Pan world, haha. I know she would be excited to meet Wendy too, and the talking Mickey would be awesome!

We met Peter and Wendy and rode Pirates, if I remember correctly. It was a fun experience and my son had a blast. If the goal is to meet Peter, you may want to look into the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise that leaves from the Contemporary. Hook and Smee see you off and I believe you are greeted back by Peter.

It is so much fun! And even better if your child if your child still believes in the Disney magic. The adventure was very real for my son! We had a blast.

We did it last year. Met Peter, rode Winnie the Pooh, and met Talking Mickey. Our tour guide was so sweet, he pulled me and DH aside and told us on the next mission to have Max go in the front of the line with him so when we got to Peter Pan Max got to see him first and spent a lot of time with him... Max loved it! But even without that super special pixie dust it would have been a great tour. We are always looking for something new to do on our annual visits to keep things new and fresh and this was a great one!
peter.jpg

We did it last summer as well and met Peter Pan! He was great with the kids and interacted a LOT with them!!

Which tour is this? Where do you tour and how long it it? Is it more for kids or adults, too? I travel with my DD25, so it's just us two adults, but we're all about the fun and magic for kids of all ages! Pooh ride is one of her faves, lol! But, wouldn't want to be somewhere where it'd be odd for us to be there or interfere with kids having the great experiences. Maybe it is more for kids since I haven't heard of it, lol.

Which tour is this? Where do you tour and how long it it? Is it more for kids or adults, too? I travel with my DD25, so it's just us two adults, but we're all about the fun and magic for kids of all ages! Pooh ride is one of her faves, lol! But, wouldn't want to be somewhere where it'd be odd for us to be there or interfere with kids having the great experiences. Maybe it is more for kids since I haven't heard of it, lol.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/family-magic-tour/

Here's the info on it - we haven't done it but we're doing it next week! I'm really excited about it and would love to hear more from people that have done it. I can't really answer your question, since I haven't done it, but I feel like I'd still want to do it even if I didn't have kids with me! There's a few other tours on that page that sound interesting too...

For those who have one this, approximately how many people are in each tour group?
On ours I think it was about 16...there was our family of 3, another family of 3, and then a family of maybe 12. Most were adults and it didn't feel crowded at all. All the kids got a turn to find a clue.

I think it is more geared for kids but that being said if you enjoy being around children I think it would be fun. There was more adults than children on ours and most adults kind of hung back and let the kids find the clues but it seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves.
Also you would really have to dig in the archives to find it but I think Bob did this tour on an old podcast and it was so funny to hear him talk about. :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter