If you're staying in for NYE, what are you making?

maslex

DIS Veteran
Whether you're staying home or heading to a friend's house what are you making? We might be heading to our neighbor's house and will probably do a few apps/desserts.

What's on your menu?

I am staying in for NYE............in bed and hopefully sleeping if the people near me stop shooting of fireworks at a decent time! I have to work NYE and NY day and I need some sleep!

I'm going to make some dips to serve with chips and crackers and some little smokies.

Never made hot spinach artichoke dip before so I'm looking forward to that.

We are staying in, but we haven't discussed our menu yet. Sometimes, DH and I go to the meat counter and we each choose something really good that we wouldn't normally buy. He likes filet mignon. I like swordfish or the really big scallops. Then we make baked potatoes and a nice salad. Dessert is usually something like cheesecake. Other years, we make potato skins with bacon and cheese, or a big plate of nachos and eat in front of the TV. It depends if we want to go fun or elegant. I have a feeling the teen boys will want to have "McPizza Night." One boy likes McDonald's and the other likes pizza. We make a run to both places and call it McPizza!

We don't have "dinner" on NYE. Just finger foods/hot and cold appetizers to munch on throughout the evening. NYD is usually prime rib or other type of beef roast.

Jim

We do every-other-year going out and staying in.

This is a stay-in year so I think we will break out the fondu pot.

DD and DH will be just getting home after a visit to his family for several days. I will probably make a big pot of spaghetti sauce and then freeze the leftover sauce to be used later. I'll get some roasted garlic bread from Costco and maybe have a salad as well. Now I am getting hungry...

I'm making a frothy purple drink concoction that doesn't have a name but does have six kinds of alcohol in it. :rotfl2:

We do appetizers on NYE every year. This year it is jalapeno chicken dip w/ Tostitos scoops, little smokies in BBQ, there is buffalo chicken dip. DS will make homemade mozzarella sticks most likely. DH will make grilled firecracker chicken wings. And then we snack all day and night.

Martha Stewart's Chocolate Babka is the main plan.

We will also finish up the last of the Christmas cheese, charcuterie, dips, cookies and crackers as snacks throughout the evening.

Looking at that makes me realize that I really need to buy some vegetables.

Ribs and sauce with slaw and french fries-all made at home. I still have to find a bottle of bubbly. This year I think we'll have a Proseco. The menu for NYD is pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. For the next two weeks, no red meat, lol!

For anyone doing lil' smokies and if you like cheese, my family gave the lil smokies with cheese in them 2 thumbs up! Not my cup of tea by any means but they ate more of those than the regular ones!

We are staying in, we always do. Hopefully we will make steak on the grill. I don't want to get within a mile of little smokies or any type of dip or anything like that. I am so tired of that type of stuff from Christmas. I want some red meat on a grill and a HUGE salad. And nothing sweet. Steak, TV and quiet, sounds lovely

We're doing a sit down dinner with friends. DBF is responsible for most of the menu:
- roast beef
- loaded mashed potatoes
- caeasar salad
- yorkshire puddings
- homemade gravy
We have one friend who is vegetarian and are trying to figure out what to make him-- thinking either breaded eggplant cutlets with a spicy tomato sauce or some sort of Indian dish with curry, potatoes, peppers, cauliflower, etc.
Appetizers are simple-- spinach and artichoke dip & guac and lots of chips. We used to do desserts but they never got eaten so we don't bother any more and just focus on savory appetizers/dinner. And we put out chips after dinner too.
Drinks are beer, scotch, whiskey, rum, and vodka with appropriate mixers. We'll do a champagne toast, too!
It's not the healthiest meal, but the years I put out veggies or a house salad, we had a ridiculous amount of leftovers. All of the above will be gobbled up! :thumbsup2

For anyone doing lil' smokies and if you like cheese, my family gave the lil smokies with cheese in them 2 thumbs up! Not my cup of tea by any means but they ate more of those than the regular ones!

I know this probably sounds dumb, but what's a lil' smokie?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter