If your older (like 7, 8 or older) girl did Bibbity Bobbity Boutique . . . .

My DD did it last year....she was 8....she got the princess hair but wore a Cinderella shirt from Etsy...and a cute skirt!

This is the only picture I have on my iPad!image.jpg

my niece did it in december 2007.
she was less than a month from turning 9yrs old.

she got the fairytale princess.

she also got the belle ball gown.

she wore the belle dress until we went back to the resort to change for dinner and MVMCP.

she kept the hair in and put on a cute black dress with i think purple and green gems around the neckline.

Yes, mommytocalliesue, this is exactly the look I am thinking. Fun and princess-y, but comfortable and functional!

Our 8 year old decided on her own that she wanted to use her pirate outfit from Halloween and be a Pirate princess. It turned out fabulous!

Mommytocalliesue, this is an outfit I like similar to what your daughter wore. Etsy shirt and JC Penney skirt:

My girls did BBB at ages 10, 8, and 5. They all did the fairytale princess hair style. They wore princess t-shirts and shorts, very casual. Their hair stayed up for 48+ hours, including through "body" showers and swimming without going under water.

My DD chose pop princess, and wore her own clothes. The sash and glitter and make up were enough on a hot summer day, but she loved the experience! The FGITs are really lovely!

If you can take a satin pillowcase down with you, that can help a lot. Also, when she gets up that morning get you fingers wet and just rub the hair down and smooth it out. The stuff they use is like glue. I have had friends that say their girls hair have stayed for several days.

My 8-year-old loves these looks -- http://www.tutucouture.com/disney (and has the Rapunzel one). She did the Frozen boutique in DL a few month ago and got the Elsa hairstyle -- I wish they would introduce the Frozen options at WDW, because they are so much prettier!

How long did her buns last in the past? We have a BBB appt mid day and I'm hoping it will still be mostly intact for our CRT breakfast the next morning.

Our fairy godmother suggested that we wrap the bun with toilet paper before bed each night and prop her up on pillows to sleep like a princess. It lasted for four days and then it had to come down because we were at home and had dance portraits the next day.

Our fairy godmother suggested that we wrap the bun with toilet paper before bed each night and prop her up on pillows to sleep like a princess. It lasted for four days and then it had to come down because we were at home and had dance portraits the next day.
Thanks so much for the tips!! :)

My 8-year-old loves these looks -- http://www.tutucouture.com/disney (and has the Rapunzel one). She did the Frozen boutique in DL a few month ago and got the Elsa hairstyle -- I wish they would introduce the Frozen options at WDW, because they are so much prettier!

Love these!! These will be perfect. Definitely going to order the Belle one as we will be doing lunch at BOG after BBB. I kind of like the Belle one the best anyway! Thank you so much for posting this!

Love these!! These will be perfect. Definitely going to order the Belle one as we will be doing lunch at BOG after BBB. I kind of like the Belle one the best anyway! Thank you so much for posting this!
FYI -- I got them cheaper on Zulily, so if you have time before your trip, maybe look to see if they will be on Zulily again any time soon! (But remember that Zulily shipping is super slow....). Here's a photo of both girls in their outfits!

Attachments

• IMG_6625.jpg
    IMG_6625.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 13
FYI -- I got them cheaper on Zulily, so if you have time before your trip, maybe look to see if they will be on Zulily again any time soon! (But remember that Zulily shipping is super slow....). Here's a photo of both girls in their outfits!

Super cute! And thanks for the tip!

One more older girl "princess-inspired" dress option is one like this, by Placard Originals:

Attachments

• 54990210105.jpg
    54990210105.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 20
My daughter is 9 and will be doing BBB in October. She wants to do the Fairytale Princess or Disney Diva. I personally don't like any of them, lol, but this is all about her. We are bringing her Belle dress that we got from WDW last year, we have to get her dresses at the parks because she wears the XL. We will be attending MNSSHP that same night so she can be all decked out! :) I guess it all depends on what the older child is still into, but I think I like the idea of casual best. I can guarantee that my DD will be OUT of the dress before the party ends!! She just wants the experience of being a Princess in the park!

My now 11 year old dd will be going on Friday. She will get the bun. No dress-up. It is going to be too hot. I promised her one last trip for her birthday in the fall. We will do the huge princess dress for that. I think she enjoys the experience more than anything else.

I don;t want to hijack this thread- but is there an ongoing thread where you can post an ISO BBB reservation or list yours for grabs? I have a current reservation and I need to change it so I wanted to offers ours and see if anyone had one available that would work for our time best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter