If your heart is in your DREAM ……… a Aug/Sept 2011, NEW - links to dining/trip report

Well we have been looking at the Alaskan Cruises and Concierge is way to expensive, so we would most prob get a regular standard room, so we will defo do FE, esp when we have sea days, will be fun to wander the ships giving out our little gifts :)

May I suggest you get a veranda room? They are so nice if you want to have a little private time out on your balcony?
I never expected FEs to be so much fun, but they are. We have been preparing gifts for half a year now and are still not finished with them all. :lmao: We do very small, light weighed gifts as they have to travel with us and it was so fun to come up with so many gift ideas.
Handing them out is as much fun as receiving some! ;) :goodvibes

Trip planning:

Day 16, August 28

Today starts the second half of our summer vacation :sad2:
and the start of the third one of our cruises. So after taking a shower we will head to our assigned breakfast location for a nice tableservice breakfast

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

and to say goodbye to our fellow cruisers. Then it will be time to head to a dedicated location to meet with the other back to back cruisers to disembark the ship and go through security again to get back on the ship.

DSC_0189.JPG

As soon as the check in desks open we will check in again and hope that we are allowed back on the ship right after that.
I still hope they will “park” us at the Cove Café until it is time to head down to the Enchanted Garden for lunch.

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6794.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

We will then spend some time strolling around the ship or sitting up on the sun deck, or maybe even a dip in the Quiet Pool until it will be time to go back to our stateroom again.

IMG_6513.JPG

I guess there will be a DIS meet and greet some time in the afternoon and after the lifeboat drill we will head upstairs to deck 12 to watch the sail away party.

DSC_0455.JPG

DSC_0518.JPG

After that we will stay on that deck and watch the DREAM sailing out of Port Canaveral.

DSC_0373.JPG

I guess we might go back to our stateroom by then, change and go and catch the show,

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

before we will head to our assigned dining rotation restaurant. I hope that we will get nice table mates again, so we can have some fun conversations.

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

After dinner we will head back to our stateroom to pick up our Fish Extender gifts and start handing them out.
Once we are done we will sit out on our veranda and chill for a while, while sipping some drinks and having a few snacks. I guess it won’t take long until we are tired enough to head off to bed.

Wow, less than two weeks until your vacation! I received my ME tags today, but I have a little less than 6 weeks to go. :dance3:

Looking forward to meeting you & Tom. We need to exchange info.
I can't imagine going on that many cruises at one time.

Oh Karin it all looks sooo Yummy!!! I am doing lots of research on the cruises !!I am pretty sure it will be the Magic as their prices are lower . Have been checking out the Shore tours too as I am guessing we will do at least one . I kinda hope one will be a glass bottom boat now I am going back to check the menus again !!

Wow, less than two weeks until your vacation! I received my ME tags today, but I have a little less than 6 weeks to go. :dance3:

Looking forward to meeting you & Tom. We need to exchange info.
I can't imagine going on that many cruises at one time.

11 more days! :scared1: And there is still so much to get ready. At the moment everything is at a standstill, as my aunt and uncle from Britain and cousin with wife and baby from Switzerland are here for a visit. As much as I love spending time with them, it just takes away from my time to prepare for a four week trip. ;)

I'll send you a PM with our dates - let me know where we overlap or we can change some of our schedule! :thumbsup2

Oh Karin it all looks sooo Yummy!!! I am doing lots of research on the cruises !!I am pretty sure it will be the Magic as their prices are lower . Have been checking out the Shore tours too as I am guessing we will do at least one . I kinda hope one will be a glass bottom boat now I am going back to check the menus again !!

Any Disney ship is magical, Rosie! ;) :goodvibes

There are menus on the official site and if you need a site with menus and a few photos let me know and I can PM you the link! :thumbsup2

Trip planning:

Day 17, August 29

It’s back to Nassau today. I wonder if we will be up to see the DREAM dock in Nassau, but it is very possible.

IMG_6553.JPG

Once we have taken showers we will then head out to have some breakfast. I guess we might go to Cabanas and have a hearty breakfast

IMG_6560.JPG

there before we will go back to our stateroom to pick up our things to head into Nassau. I found a walking tour of Nassau on the internet and we intend to follow that. It seems to visit a lot of fun places and sights so we will see how far we will get. S

IMG_6927.JPG

DSC_0133.jpg

klein_522.jpg

ince we don’t want to leave too soon we will most likely have lunch somewhere in Nassau. And after finishing the tour and picking up a few more souvenirs and some rum and rum cake

IMG_6938.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

we will head back to the DREAM. We might pick up a bite to eat from the quick service location

IMG_6940.JPG

which so conveniently is located right above our stateroom.
We will then spend some downtime in our stateroom and out on our veranda. Then we will head out to deliver more Fish Extender gifts before getting ready to see the DREAM sail out of Nassau

DSC_0462.JPG

and go to our assigned dining rotation restaurant.

IMG_6531.JPG

IMG_6537.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG

After dinner we will most likely retreat to our stateroom. We might take a late walk on the open decks for some photo opportunities before we finally will call it a day and go to bed.

I wish I could do backtobacktoback! I would love to be gone from home that long too!

All your plans sound so wonderful...and relaxing! The pictures of food... well.. you know what they do to me. :rotfl:

I think the walking tour in Nassau will be awesome :thumbsup2

Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing and in case I don't get a chance to use the computer, HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP! I can't wait to read all about it.
I'm trying to pack now and so my husband can load everything in the car tomorrow (We will leave Friday at 4am). We are stopping in NC for 2 days visiting family and then drive to Olrando Sunday Aug 7 and staying until Aug 13 (we are not staying on property bc his conference International drive so we are staying on the Sea world hotel. The only problem I have is we will only spend 2 days in Disney property (so I decided not to go to MK but my son said last night "mommy we have to go to MK b/c its were the Magic begins). I tried to explain to him that Toontown is closed off (its his favorite part of the MK). I wanted this to be relaxing and spend more time in the pool since its unexpected Fl trip. So many decision to make in a few days.

Have a safe and magical journey.:wizard:

May I suggest you get a veranda room? They are so nice if you want to have a little private time out on your balcony?
I never expected FEs to be so much fun, but they are. We have been preparing gifts for half a year now and are still not finished with them all. :lmao: We do very small, light weighed gifts as they have to travel with us and it was so fun to come up with so many gift ideas.
Handing them out is as much fun as receiving some! ;) :goodvibes

Oh most def need a verandah, I don't think I could do inside staterooms. I need outside space.

I know who to come to for my FE advice then :teeth:

First two days look great, you are going to have so much fun :)

Sorry Karin it has been a while for me to post since im starting to get Excited and nervous at the same time . I so love seeing the foods im going to be eating before i hit the ship and those pictures are still amazing i cannot believe we are down to 23 days and counting your TR has helped me alot and Thank you and Tom again for everything . we are at the point where i might not be able to post here but i will be on our thread . Cannot wait to say Hi :wave2: to you guys soon till then have a magical time in WDW .
Jeff and family :wizard:

Perhaps, by the time you see this post....you will have just.....

9e2c84ec.gif
9e2c84ec.gif
9e2c84ec.gif
4 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!
9e2c84ec.gif
9e2c84ec.gif
9e2c84ec.gif

So I just booked a stay for me and my DBF at ASMo for Sept 3-5! What are your plans for those days? Will you be cruising then or in WDW? We should meet up!

Haven't heard from you in a while. I hope all is well. Soon you will be on your trip. I can't wait to read all about it when you get home!

have a fun and safe trip!!!!

I guess you have all noticed that I have not been on here (or any of my other threads) for a while.

There is a reason ...........

We had an unexpected death in the family last Tuesday and there were lots of things to organize and a funeral to arrange.

I know I promised to finish all my threads, but since we leave for Florida on Saturday morning I really don't think it can be done.

So please, just stay tuned for photo updates once we get to Florida.

I guess you have all noticed that I have not been on here (or any of my other threads) for a while.

There is a reason ...........

We had an unexpected death in the family last Tuesday and there were lots of things to organize and a funeral to arrange.

I know I promised to finish all my threads, but since we leave for Florida on Saturday morning I really don't think it can be done.

So please, just stay tuned for photo updates once we get to Florida.

Karin so sorry to hear that, thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time :hug:

Karin, I am so sorry for your loss and hope you and Tom are doing ok. Take care, Teresa.

Karin, I am so sorry for your loss and hope you and Tom are doing ok. Take care, Teresa.

Thank you, Teri!
Tom and I are doing fine, we have a nice long vacation to look forward to and we'll meet some really wonderful friends! :hug:

I'll answer you PM tomorrow. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter