If your budget was...where would you stay?

POR sometimes does share with POFQ. We were there in Jan and we did share buses a couple of times mid day.

What dates in sept? Look around, I got the GF for $240 a night the first week in September. It's slightly over, but skip a snack each a day and it's doable...
curious how you got GF for this price. Website shows nothing under $579.50 (+tax) per night for GF that week.

I too am an All Star Music fan. The 225 would not make any difference to me with the selection of a hotel to stay in. If you raised it to 400, 600, 800, I would still stay at Music. My wife and I travel sans children now as we are both in our 60's and we stay at Music every February. It has become a home away from home for us. We know and love the staff there-we even email each other over the year while away just as a family member might. As we use our room to sleep in we really see no reason to spend exorbident sums of money for a plush room when all we do is lay on a bed with our eyes closed while we are in it. We are back with our second family in 15 days-Can't wait.

POR sometimes does share with POFQ. We were there in Jan and we did share buses a couple of times mid day.

Technically they call them the same "resort"...but at 3,000 rooms that was always a stretch. They never should have changed the names.

Same with all star...but that creates a lot of logistical inefficiency.

They consolidated a lot of the hotel staffing into groups Circa 2002...in the future they may do it even more or just bite the bullet and outsource hotel operations all together

Technically they call them the same "resort"...but at 3,000 rooms that was always a stretch. They never should have changed the names.

Same with all star...but that creates a lot of logistical inefficiency.

They consolidated a lot of the hotel staffing into groups Circa 2002...in the future they may do it even more or just bite the bullet and outsource hotel operations all together

Yes, I preferred Dixie Landings as the name for POR, as well. That was when they closed the TS restaurant at POFQ. I always thought that by calling them one resort, they were trying to get away with fewer amenities at POFQ and still be able to call it a moderate resort instead of value.

Wouldn't outsourcing hotel operations bring them back full circle to where they started?

Yes, I preferred Dixie Landings as the name for POR, as well. That was when they closed the TS restaurant at POFQ. I always thought that by calling them one resort, they were trying to get away with fewer amenities at POFQ and still be able to call it a moderate resort instead of value.

It was actually a political move - a compleltey silly one - but it stunk.

And closing bomafamilles...or any time they close things without replacement or price reductions (cough...pleasure island...cough wonders of life...cough 50% or frikkin MGM) is a completely low rent move in my book. That's without replacement on a reasonable timeline.

$225 per night would be a massive budget upgrade for us! For that price, we would go back to POR and stay in a royal guest room. However, if we didn't have a young daughter, we would do CSR.

If you can get a TA deal or rent DVC points, go deluxe for sure, but I feel like that's not guaranteed and you need to have some other options.

You might be able to manage WL or AKL at that rate with specials. Otherwise you are probably looking at the mods. Personally, we loved CBR and are looking forward to staying here again so with that budget in mind that would be my first pick.

Hi, if I had a $225 budget per night, I would check for a DVC selling points and go to one of the moderate resorts for sure.
One really good resort that is moderate is Port Orleans Riverside :duck:

I would look at AKL and see if you can get a discounted rate through a travel agent. I also remember they did a promo last year through a TA for Poly in early Sept which had amazing rates in your price range. If you look at promo's on the board it will list the TA that was used. Good luck!!

you can find a way to get Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge for around that. If not, then I would do POFQ.

Disney would have to pay me to stay in a value resort. ugggghhh. I shutter just thinking about it. Values are over crowded, not enough buses, tacky themed, no services. They remind me of a motel 6 with disney crap painted everywhere.

I found great rates through my travel agent. I am sorry, I am not allowed to name them or discuss how to find them. Discounts are available, just do some searching:)

Wow! That's great! I Qualify for multiple Disney discounts and I have never been able to find any significant discounts like that.

Wow! That's great! I Qualify for multiple Disney discounts and I have never been able to find any significant discounts like that.

I travel from Australia, so I stay a while. This year I got
Beach club $215
Poly club garden $410
Gf $240
A night.
The discounts are there, I recommend looking at the posts on these boards for August threads:)

I like POR, so that's my vote. I haven't ever been able to get AOA suite for under 300. I am going during spring break and October though.

For our family, I'd do Coronado Springs. We were just there and we REALLY liked it there. I will say, it is not a resort that is "Disney in your face" like others can be, and honestly we were fine with that. What we really liked about it (and was high on our list of priorities) was that it does not share buses with any other resort to go to parks and Disney Springs. I kept notes while we were there....6 minutes to HS and AK and EP, 17 minutes to MK. I requested (and we did get it), to be in Casitas 4, which is next to the first bus stop for going to the parks. We also liked the Pepper Market for breakfast (which we only used 2 times out of our 9 night stay). Microwaves are available on a first come, first serve basis.

I've heard good things about POR and from what I've seen in pictures, they are more "Disney in your face". I do not know if that resort shares park buses, but for some reason my brain is saying it doesn't. So, those would be my 2 choices for that price range.

In all reality, how much time are you going to spend in your room or at the resort? If you are going to be mostly at the parks, I don't think I'd be too picky about where you want to stay.
Just wondering how POR is Disney in your face? I've never thought so and have stayed several times.
POR & Pofq only share during non peak times, like mid day, but park opening & closing they don't share.

Just wondering how POR is Disney in your face? I've never thought so and have stayed several times.
POR & Pofq only share during non peak times, like mid day, but park opening & closing they don't share.

I've seen pictures of their rooms and see that they have pictures from movies on the walls above the beds. We were going on our first trip and I knew my hubby would tolerate Disney, but I wanted to make sure that the resort we stayed at didn't have Disney everywhere we looked. I realize to alot of people, POR is not Disney in your face, and compared to other resorts, it's not. But to be in a room with a large movie scene on the headboard or pictures on the wall was not going to work. That is why we chose CSR. It would give my hubby a much needed break from all things Disney if he needed it. Now that we've done Disney once and I know hubby enjoyed it, we would try POR and I think it would be just fine. We are just a family that likes to give our senses a break.

I've seen pictures of their rooms and see that they have pictures from movies on the walls above the beds. We were going on our first trip and I knew my hubby would tolerate Disney, but I wanted to make sure that the resort we stayed at didn't have Disney everywhere we looked. I realize to alot of people, POR is not Disney in your face, and compared to other resorts, it's not. But to be in a room with a large movie scene on the headboard or pictures on the wall was not going to work. That is why we chose CSR. It would give my hubby a much needed break from all things Disney if he needed it. Now that we've done Disney once and I know hubby enjoyed it, we would try POR and I think it would be just fine. We are just a family that likes to give our senses a break.

As long as you didn't book a Royal Room at POR, you would not have to deal with any of that. Check out pictures of the standard rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter