If you won the OMD sweepstakes which

Congrats! So exciting! I would definitely choose the GC, it's so peaceful and relaxing, but I've never stayed at any Disneyland Hotel.

It's interesting that it just showed up with FedEx, I think they'd have to email me because I can't find a place on my account where I can put in an address! Anybody else have this problem? Or are able to point me in the right direction?

Even though I enter every day, I would have to see if I could donate the trip since my boss would not give me the time off to go no matter what.
I would stay at the Grand as others have suggested.

Jack

The trip is non-transferable though

*Tools
*Clear Recent History

Hope that helps!

Would if I had Tools. There is no Tools setting on my Safari menu. I have been clearing cookies on computers for over 10 years. Never had any trouble. About to call my bestie, since she got me addicted to the Mac.

Would if I had Tools. There is no Tools setting on my Safari menu. I have been clearing cookies on computers for over 10 years. Never had any trouble. About to call my bestie, since she got me addicted to the Mac.

Oops! Sorry - I'm a Firefox user. :)

If you are running Safari 5.1 or later, try this:

*Safari
*Preferences
*Select 'Privacy' from the icons on top of the box
Here you can set your preferences for accepting cookies and you can click "details" and highlight what you want to remove or hit 'remove all.'

You do not need to download anything to clean your "cookies"

No you don't... but this tool is a great FREE tool that cleans deeper than cookies :) plus some people do not know how, so this is a one click easy fix for those folks :) you would be surprised how many people never clean cookies. It slows down your computer and can cause problems in time.

p.s. also a good tip is if you clean cookies the traditional way in IE, tools internet options, delete history... also click settings, view files and make sure its empty. If not, edit- select all, delete. Sometimes delete history does not get them all.

which hotel would you choose?

I won :) (my name is now on the page!)

we are leaning towards choosing DL, as we are goign to WDW the first week of Feb.

So...since you guys are much more experienced in DL information...

Which would you choose?:banana:

Congrats! I noticed it's for 4 people, do they let you pay to add on another child?

Congrats! I noticed it's for 4 people, do they let you pay to add on another child?

I wonder the same thing for all these contests! For us, it's also the question of what does it take to add an extra person who is less than 36 months, so free for portions of the prize.

Congrats!! That is so exciting. We enter every day hoping!! My daughter calls me everyday, after she enters, to remind me to enter... I would choose the GC!! We have always wanted to stay there. Fingers are crossed and cramping :rotfl:

To give everyone an update here - I have been waiting on something via US mail per my original letter from them in 7 business days....

HOWEVER

today I got an email instead saying I was a confirmed Grand Prize winner (lol - my name has been up for a week on the contest website) and my next contact would come from Disney ....

So that is where I am in the whole process.

There are 5 posted winners from the boards on the WDW theme parks thread

me and another member got no email or call - just a fed-ex letter

2 got e-mails first then fed-ex package

1 got call (they entered via text) then and e-mail - then the fed ex package

Do you know the phone number they got the call from? Or just if it was an 800 # or the area code? It would be great to know what to expect :) Also, I saw from your earlier post that you received your package outside of the preset drawing times, do you know if the others were notified on random days as well? Thank you, thank you! And congrats btw! Chose DLR AND GC!

Do you know the phone number they got the call from? Or just if it was an 800 # or the area code? It would be great to know what to expect :) Also, I saw from your earlier post that you received your package outside of the preset drawing times, do you know if the others were notified on random days as well? Thank you, thank you! And congrats btw! Chose DLR AND GC!

from what I have heard it is a 212 number - the company is Ventura Associates that is doing the drawing - the email is apparently going to junk mail for some - so you might check it too

from what I have heard it is a 212 number - the company is Ventura Associates that is doing the drawing - the email is apparently going to junk mail for some - so you might check it too

Interesting.... 212 is area code for NYC (where Ventura Associates is located) They do not list Disney as a client.

I received a missed phone call from a 424 area code yesterday and erased it. Turns out that is an area code for CA - Beverly Hills, Redondo, etc... I guess I should call those numbers back in the future in case it might be a contest I entered....:confused3

Congratulations! Have a great time!

To give everyone an update here - I have been waiting on something via US mail per my original letter from them in 7 business days....

HOWEVER

today I got an email instead saying I was a confirmed Grand Prize winner (lol - my name has been up for a week on the contest website) and my next contact would come from Disney ....

So that is where I am in the whole process.

There are 5 posted winners from the boards on the WDW theme parks thread

me and another member got no email or call - just a fed-ex letter

2 got e-mails first then fed-ex package

1 got call (they entered via text) then and e-mail - then the fed ex package

Thanks for the update! It's fun to live vicariously! Hopefully we'll get some more winners from the boards (including me - LOL!)

Good luck everyone!!

I'm one of the other winners who was notified by Fedex last week without any warning. We are also planning on going to DLR and I was wondering which hotel we should choose so you guys were a big help. Thanks!:thumbsup2

If anyone is wondering how it worked for me, my name was drawn on Wednesday, Jan. 18th (I'm assuming) and I received a letter from Ventura Associates on Thursday afternoon. I got it notarized and sent it back that day. They received it on Friday around noon and about an hour and a half later they sent me an e-mail confirming me as a grand prize winner (which went into my junk mail folder). My name still isn't on the website as a winner and hopefully we'll all hear from Disney soon to see what our options are.

We go to Disney World several times a year and this will be our first time to DLR so we're so excited!:cool1:

I'm one of the other winners who was notified by Fedex last week without any warning. We are also planning on going to DLR and I was wondering which hotel we should choose so you guys were a big help. Thanks!:thumbsup2

If anyone is wondering how it worked for me, my name was drawn on Wednesday, Jan. 18th (I'm assuming) and I received a letter from Ventura Associates on Thursday afternoon. I got it notarized and sent it back that day. They received it on Friday around noon and about an hour and a half later they sent me an e-mail confirming me as a grand prize winner (which went into my junk mail folder). My name still isn't on the website as a winner and hopefully we'll all hear from Disney soon to see what our options are.

We go to Disney World several times a year and this will be our first time to DLR so we're so excited!:cool1:

Sue -

Congratulations to you as well! Thank you so much for explaining how & when you found out and what the process was for you. I think it will be helpful for each person who has entered to know what to kind of watch for.

What I am wondering is this - were/are you given a choice of which resort to visit? I don't think I've heard that before. It may have been mentioned and I missed it. Specifically, was there any verbiage anywhere in the Ventura paperwork that indicated you have to go to Disneyland Resort, or did it appear as though you could go to Walt Disney World if you wanted to? Can you choose Orlando over Anaheim or vice versa? I am wondering if the people who live closer to WDW are being sent to DLR, and the people who live closer to DLR are being sent to WDW.

Sue -

Congratulations to you as well! Thank you so much for explaining how & when you found out and what the process was for you. I think it will be helpful for each person who has entered to know what to kind of watch for.

What I am wondering is this - were/are you given a choice of which resort to visit? I don't think I've heard that before. It may have been mentioned and I missed it. Specifically, was there any verbiage anywhere in the Ventura paperwork that indicated you have to go to Disneyland Resort, or did it appear as though you could go to Walt Disney World if you wanted to? Can you choose Orlando over Anaheim or vice versa? I am wondering if the people who live closer to WDW are being sent to DLR, and the people who live closer to DLR are being sent to WDW.

Thank you. I have so far only received an e-mail stating that I am officially a grand prize winner from Ventura and a copy of the rules, exactly the same as what's on the website. I don't think anyone else has received anything from Disney yet, but I'm hoping that happens this week.

I'm quite sure we have a choice of whether we want to go to WDW or DLR, regardless of where we live. I hope I'm not wrong about that. The rules do state that the dates and hotel are Sponsor chosen (meaning Disney). I hope we'll get a choice of hotel and dates but I guess we'll see when we finally hear from Disney. :)

If anyone is wondering how it worked for me, my name was drawn on Wednesday, Jan. 18th (I'm assuming) and I received a letter from Ventura Associates on Thursday afternoon. I got it notarized and sent it back that day. They received it on Friday around noon and about an hour and a half later they sent me an e-mail confirming me as a grand prize winner (which went into my junk mail folder). My name still isn't on the website as a winner and hopefully we'll all hear from Disney soon to see what our options are.:

Just out of curiosity what is the subject of the email? Is "Disney" listed in the subject or body copy? Thought I could look a little faster (maybe even do a search) based on your response.

Thx and congrats!

I❤MICKEY;43828286 said:
Just out of curiosity what is the subject of the email? Is "Disney" listed in the subject or body copy? Thought I could look a little faster (maybe even do a search) based on your response.

Thx and congrats!

Well, I wasn't contacted by e-mail originally. Fedex just showed up at my door with the letter without any notice. The e-mail I received from Ventura was after they received my affidavit and it was titled One More Disney Day Sweepstakes and it went into my junk mail folder. I think there was a DISer who was notified by e-mail that they had won, but I can't remember for sure. You can check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852935&page=71. It could be somewhere in those 71 pages. :)

Thought I"d update over here :)

We have confirmation we are going Sept 29- Oct 6th and staying at GCH :cool1:

Congratulations! My daughters and I just returned from WDW, though we live in California. It was our first trip to WDW, and it was great, but to be perfectly honest, I think we prefer Disneyland. We really enjoyed Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios, but I really think it's just too much for one trip, and if you're travelling across the country for your vacation of course you want to see everything!

Disneyland is a bit smaller, so it's possible to see and do everything that you want in a few days. Also, Pirates of the Caribbean is much better at DLR, it's twice as long and there is a steeper drop (but not too steep, you still won't really get wet). I love riding the boat through the bayou before actually getting to the pirates, and having dinner at the Blue Bayou later, watching the boats float past is a lovely experience. One of the best parts of DLR is that if you want to park hop you don't have to wait for a bus, just walk across the entrance area and you're at California Adventure.

There are a lot of things that WDW has that DLR doesn't, but there are a few at DLR that you can't get at WDW also, including my kids' favorite: The Indiana Jones ride. California Screamin' is an awesome roller coaster at California Adventure, and it looks like they're about finished with Cars Land. I'm pretty jealous right now. We're going back to WDW in March of next year for my youngest daughter's sweet 16 (seriously, we're going to WDW instead of DLR just to have dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table on her big day). I'm not sure when we'll make it back to DLR.

Have a wonderful time on your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter