• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

if you were to move to Orlando....

corkery719

Mouseketeer
I am about to move to this area, what can you tell me? The good,the bad and the ugly. All input is needed. What neighborhood do I look for, which to stay out of? What would you need. ? This is something that will happen for me, and I need help......TIA Mary P.S. Mickey , here We come!!!

I am about to move to this area, what can you tell me? The good,the bad and the ugly. All input is needed. What neighborhood do I look for, which to stay out of? What would you need. ? This is something that will happen for me, and I need help......TIA Mary P.S. Mickey , here We come!!!

I'm not much help, but I just wanted to say.. Hi neighbor!! :goodvibes Are you moving soon? It would be nice to miss out on the Iowa winter.

Hey Ashley, I cannot wait to be outside of an Iowa winter....But I will miss all my wonderful friends here. How can another DIS person be here and I not know it? Come see me at ALDIs in Marion. I am the really short, brunette, Mgr type person. Say Hello....Please. Take care.............................Mary

Oh you are so lucky!

I wish we could move to Orlando now. I absolutely plan on doing it after I retire. We are thinking of settling down in Celebration when the time comes. We've got relatives living there (condo & single-family home) and we have been to visit them. It's a very pretty town.

I lived in Orlando for two years and absolutely loved it!! Are you going there for work?! I say try and live as close as possible to your job!! Haha!! Traffic is a nightmare!! I used to live next to UCF (the college in the area) and I worked over by Disney...with traffic it usually took me anywhere from an hour to an hour and 15 minutes to get to work! I agree with the PP celebration is really nice, I used to live in Waterford Lakes by the college and there are a lot of nice family homes over there.. shopping...and great schools!! Winter Park is really nice too!! You will love Orlando!! So much to do!! I would move back there in a heartbeat if I could. We had to move all the way to San Diego for my boyfriend's job, but i'm hoping we get to move back east in a couple of years!! Good Luck!! Take advantage of everything!!!:thumbsup2

Don't move somewhere where you need to use I-4 to get to work. Do you want to live in Orlando or a suburb? Do you have kids? More details would help when making recommendations.

I-4 is a problematic at times. Alternatively, there are two toll road 417 which circle from the north, east and south of Orlando and toll road 429 -north and south - which is west of Orlando. Google a map of Orlando. We drove to WDW on 429 all the time, it was never crowded. We never missed a flight taking 417 to the airport. International Drive can become very congested.

Celebration is an interesting community but very pricy per square ft.

When at restaurants, department stores, ect., I would ask people where
would they not move into. Many where very helpful with there advice.
I have an article and some areas to be aware of. Can email.

pirate:

It really depends on 1: where you work and 2: how close to wdw you want to be.

Personally if I could move it would be to Winter Garden so I could be closer to disney.
My husband works in Lake Mary and currently thats a long commute.

Note eventually the 429 will connect with I4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter