If you were paying OOP...

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by parkhopping, Jan 20, 2013.

1. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

...which non-park restaurant would you choose for dinner and why? 4 adults, looking for something fun and tasty that won't break the bank.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Raglan Road at DTD. Fun and tasty.

4. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Kouzzina (BW) - nice selections especially for sharing
    The Wave (CR) - overall good menu, relaxing, casual atmosphere
    Il Mulino -(Swan-although can be a little pricey)- very good Italian, also good for sharing, nice atmosphere
    Paradiso 37 - fun place to hang out, great margaritas, decent food, neat atmosphere, outside seating which is beautiful at sunset (DTD-can be a little loud)

5. FiggieFan

FiggieFan DIS Veteran

Another vote for Raglan Road in Downtown Disney! Great food and excellent service. We eat early so we miss the dancing and band.

6. MrRomance

MrRomance Planning and Plotting

By non-park, do you mean not in a park or not on Disney Property? If you want a meal out of the park but on the Disney property, then Trails End at Fort Wilderness would be my recommendation. It's an all you can eat home style buffet that many people overlook but it has some great food and is really cheap compared with other similar restaurants around WDW. If you are looking for a restaurant completely off property, I'd head to US 192 or International Drive where you can find all of the usual chain restaurants, Olive Garden, Outback etc.

7. jlsmith376

jlsmith376 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

We really enjoyed Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. If you like bbq, it's a good choice and the skillets don't disappoint. The restaurant is really fun - the wait staff are pretty humorous (don't ask for ketchup!). We paid OOP and I don't remember it being crazy expensive but it's a WDW table service so I'm sure it's not cheap. I seem to remember asking if my husband and I could split a skillet and I think they let us do it. It's alot of food!

8. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I'll second Trails End at Fort Wilderness. It is cheapest buffet and while not fun at the restaurant, you can take a boat from MK to get there, or a boat from CR on the loop to get there, which are certainly fun.

Bongos is fun in DTD.

9. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

The skillet is an 'all you can eat' deal. You can't split an order. Each person eating the skillet is charged the full price.

10. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO I'm back....

Downtown Disney:

Ragland's, the food is very good with lots of options, music and table dancing, fun. Not too expensive. The braised beef is the best!

Wolfgang Puck Express for a very good and affordable counter service! The bacon wrapped meatloaf is out of this word good!

We also enjoy some of the resort restaurants, Olivia's at OKW, fun, tropical, casual setting with affordable food. Love the conch fritters! We also enjoy Kouzzina at the Boardwalk, reasonable, I recommend the appetizer platter with shrimp, hummus, olives etc. and the whole roasted fish!

We always pay OOP and many of these offer discounts if you have AP's or the TIW card!

11. mousiemom

mousiemom adam lambert lover!

we are paying OOP for Ohana this trip cause it is worth every penny! the food is sooooo good, i love walking around @ the polynesian, the whole atmosphere! when you are finished with dinner just walk right out on the beach and watch wishes! oh, can't wait!!!!

12. melifeld

melifeld Mouseketeer

It's not a table service restaurant, but we always LOVE Earl of Sandwich. It is a must stop for us.

13. DizneyLizzy

DizneyLizzy DIS Veteran

14. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Boma or Whispering Canyon Cafe

15. GJF323

GJF323 Mouseketeer

Definitely Boma. I'm never on DDP and always eat at Boma at least once.

16. arissavolk

arissavolk Earning My Ears

I second Sanaa- the bread appetizer and dessert sampler and the entree where you pick multiple items are a fabulous way to try lots of things for a good price- and if it's not dark out, you can see the animals right from the windows!

17. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Fun and tasty! Trex, RFC, Paradiso. All great theming and good food. Not to mention drinks. You can get a few apps to share. Sharing nachos and another app or 2 will feed 3-4 people easily at Trex or RFC. Paradiso apps are not as big but easily shared between 2 people. We do this a lot to save some $$. We also like ESPN and Big River for the same reasons!!