If you were considering the Christmas After Hours before pricing came out, are you still going?

If you were considering the Christmas party before pricing came out, are you still going?

• Still going

Votes: 110 33.1%
  • Was going to, but have changed my mind

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • On the fence / Wait and see

Votes: 40 12.0%

• Total voters
I would buy it. We would never use a park ticket that day so it’s closely equivalent. But we are not really park people anymore. We got the six days for the cost of 4 last may as part of the dvc benefit. We didn’t even use the extra days. 4 days, one at each park, was more than enough. We are going on December 27 forc5 days after a Christmas cruise (not Disney). May go to parks one day if that.

After Hours are my very favourite events and with this year being my first time at Disney in December, I am very interested in the Very Merriest After Hours. Not going to lie, the price made me think twice, but I ultimately did decide on 2 nights during our 10 day stay (as comparison, we usually go to Disney for 10 days in August and have done 2 x MNSHP + 2 - 3 either After Hours or Early Morning Magic events - so we are definitely about the extra ticketed events).

After talking it over with family members, we have decided to forego the Christmas after hours event. Last week's Genie+ announcement has left a bad taste in everyone's mouths, including my Disney-crazy adult daughter. It was actually her comments that tipped the scales for us.

599283Our family is attending Dec 3. For the six of us (bringing the kids' significant others this time), it definitely makes for an expensive day at Disney but I'm looking forward to the family memories we will make and to kicking off the Christmas season Disney style. We had so much fun as a group at the MNSSHP in '19 and hope to get some great family pics again.

I haven't paid too much attention in the past, but aren't some dates usually sold out at this point, after tickets have gone on sale?

I wanted to go, and could afford it, but the value isn't there for the amount of money you are spending. Won't shock me if its still a complete watered down experience, not to mention, Disney has left a taste in my mouth lately that kinda disgusts me. If EVERYTHING was back and available like normal, I might feel a little different. I was the one who would spend whatever to enjoy Disney, but not this time. Only time I would go is in December, and there is absolutely no way I am paying 222 dollars a ticket. November pricing is more reasonable. I am pretty sure I spent around 165 the last after hours event I went to.

If you only have time to go to Disney for a day and you come ever few years, sure. Experience it IMO. And of course some will just spend whatever they feel comfortable with, nothing wrong with that. I don't fault anyone for spending what they can afford. Esp for early nov

But for me, there comes a point where enough is enough, and Disney has gotten me there ( for Dec pricing )

For example, if I REALLY wanted to spend this money, I could spend 60 dollars more, get a 1 day 2 park ticket, with express pass to Universal. Literally ride every ride in both parks with barely a wait, and have from park open till park close. And I kinda like the universal Christmas parade ;]

:santa:

Last edited:
I’m DVC and have attended the Xmas party twice. It’s my favorite time at Disney along w/ Candlelight. This pricing is just too much. The last time was too much but went anyway. Now I won’t pay this price.

I really don't want to reward this kind of pricing structure,

Disney wants fewer guests in the parks and at events so the fact that you are reconsidering is exactly the outcome they are hoping for. Disney wants fewer guests spending more money each rather than jam packed parks full of lower spenders.

We have bought the tickets. I have attended MVMCP in the past and found it very crowded. My hope is the higher cost plus later hours will greatly reduce the attendance. But then the kids are grown so only needed 2 tickets. Plus the fireworks are my favorite thing and to see two shows on one night is pretty special.

Disney wants fewer guests in the parks and at events so the fact that you are reconsidering is exactly the outcome they are hoping for. Disney wants fewer guests spending more money each rather than jam packed parks full of lower spenders.
While I agree with this, I don't believe it's true for the after hours parties. Disney wants those to sell out. That's the income source for those events. People are coming to maximize rides, not eat or buy souvenirs. Snacks and drinks are included, so I would imagine there is very little extra food purchased, if at all, by most attending.

It's in their best interest to sell them all out at the highest price possible. Seeing as all dates are still available, leads me to believe they might have over priced it. We'll see as they get closer.

Thought the price was quite high but we are celebrating our 52nd anniversary early and have never been at this time of year so this will be our big spend for the trip.

The upcharge for Thanksgiving week priced me out of going for my family of three. I am actually thankful at this point of not buying Merriest AH tix due to the unknown costs with the Genie coming on board.

The upcharge for Thanksgiving week priced me out of going for my family of three. I am actually thankful at this point of not buying Merriest AH tix due to the unknown costs with the Genie coming on board.
We are there that week too, and I'm also very glad we held off on buying them before Genie info came out. Especially since all dates are still available.

In a perfect scenario, I'd love to see such low pre-purchase numbers that tickets are still available "day of". That way, I can see what Thanksgiving week crowds are like and decide if it would truly be worth it.

Last edited:
We've done MVMCP multiple times and were hoping to do it again this year. But with 5 of us, the cost of this year's "lite" Christmas party was more than we're willing to pay. I decided to spend the party money on upgrading from moderate to deluxe for one more day of our split stay
We are going to a New Years Eve celebration instead. Glad we went in the past. Still miss Osborn Lights too.

We are there that week too, and I'm also very glad we held off on buying them before Genie info came out. Especially since all dates are still available.

In a perfect scenario, I'd love to see such low pre-purchase numbers that tickets are still available "day of". That way, I can see what Thanksgiving week crowds are like and decided it it would truly be worth it.

Yes - I was really excited to go to an AH event but with current pricing and so many variables up in the air right now... we waited and more than likely won't go. Although the thought of unlimited Mickey Premium Bars does sounds amazing; however, dropping north of seven bills - not so much.

Hopefully Thanksgiving crowds won't be too overwhelming. I've gone a few times over Thanksgiving but I've always had a general plan of attack and was able to do pretty much what my family wanted. However, losing the ability to preplan FPs throws a monkey wrench into things.

I really wanted to attend on Dec. 10th as that is my birthday, but based on the price for that date, NO, I won't be buying tickets.

I've never been to any of the parties and was looking forward to this, but, with 6 people going the price was too much.

For a family of 4, $916 was just way too much. Like another poster said, the value is just not there.
A one-day MK ticket for our family of 4 would be $588 and last for over 12 hours.
This is over $900 for FOUR HOURS (excluding the early admission which obviously you would not pay extra for).
From what I understand, I am paying almost double for 1) a party-exclusive parade and fireworks, and 2) shorter wait times for the 2 hours we are not standing around waiting for and watching the parade and fireworks. It is kinda unbelievable.
I AM paying to attend the Oogie Boogie Bash at DL, at $134pp, almost half the cost of a $229 MVMCP ticket. This is for a 5-hour party plus 3 hours early admission, with parade and trick or treating, though no fireworks (which is fine with me and my kids).
I LOVE Christmas at Disney but you 100% get PLENTY of Christmas just walking around IMHO.
I had planned to go when I expected tickets to be in the $150 range, but no way, it is out of line.

My friend and I are going in Dec for our mom trip :) We got the Christmas tickets, we agreed it was expensive and may not be worth it but we wanted to go and try it anyways, because we wont know until we go! I feel like they are bringing a decent amount back for that and I just love ALL Christmas stuff so I feel it would be hard to go and not do it. Although Im not thrilled with the 9-1am time haha .. Im not a night person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter