• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you were a billionaire...

I would make an entire Muppets area along with added rides and attractions at Pixar place at HS. I would add some more rides to Epcot, FW area. Captain EO would take a hike. Also I agree with the comment on Stitch, it needs to go!

I want to say I'd lower all the rates to make it more accessible to lower-income families, but I guess that would cause crowding problems. So, I think I'd lobby for a new park to be built in Canada :)

I'd create a TON of scholarships for low income families (with children) for 10 day all expenses paid trips to WDW, and I'd create enough extra first tier rides so that everyone could choose 4 first tier FP+s for each park (for example, two more Soar'in rides with new locations).

And then I'd take my whole family to WDW, with all the bells and whistles, for the month of December! :goodvibes

I would create a theme park named Nature World. A park where everything (Attraction, shows, shops, and restaurants) is based off of nature. It would be better than AK. party:

I would build Cars Land and Villains Land, at Hollywood Studios.
If that is too costly, at least build a Cars-themed restaurant and Villains character meal. No, not that Sci-Fi thing. But Lightning McQueen stuff.

Also, I would bring out more characters for meet and greet:
All the handsome Princes
Dumbo, Boo, Mr and Mrs Potato Head, Alien, etc.

Also, I would build the Legendary Years Resort. It was all planned out, so this one is easy.

And, update the Great Movie Ride to include some newer movies.

~~~~
In fact, many of these are reasonable and low cost. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to dash out more.

Provide better, more thorough and extensive training for ALL CMs to properly and consistently deal with the whole FP+ MB change.

I would want to build a new 3-D or 4-D show. These are my favorite things at Disney. Mickey's Philharmagic is the best one they have. Captain EO is outdated, so maybe a new one at Epcot. Or add one to Animal Kingdom. I would prefer one that isn't creepy with gross smells or feeling like bugs are crawling on you, but just something jovial and funny. Maybe a show that integrates characters that aren't well represented such as Lady and the Tramp. I love Lady!

I think adding an additional Soarin' would be good to cut down on lines and a new Soarin' would be an automatic upgrade with no more complaining about the screen (at least in the new location).

Finally, if making a donation means I get my way, I would have an automatic Front of the Line Pass that allows me to go to the front of the FP line at all attractions, shows, parades, etc.

My influx of cash would go 60/40 toward Epcot and DHS. Future World needs an update and at least one more ride and DHS needs at least two more including another attraction that little kids would like to do.

But honestly, like several others said, I would really like to use my extra dollars to create scholarships for low-income families to go to Disney. When I was a kid, we came to MK for one day and that was it - I'm not sure we knew there were other parks at WDW and we sure couldn't afford them. I would have a fund set up where people could submit applications and nominate people they know and we would do trip planning and everything for them. No feel-good media circus stories, no MAW, just families who grew up like I did.

Completely redesign HS. If my ODS didn't like Star Wars, we'd ever set foot in the park. We always find ourselves wandering around bored and leave after a few hours.

Improve Spaceship Earth and update Future World. Add a few countries to WS.

Similar to others, have opportunities for kids to visit who would never have the chance otherwise.

Scholarships for trips to Disney World fund for unfortunate children...kind of like make a wish, but they don't have to be sick, update Epcot and DHS.

I'd do the same. Give more children the chance to go to Disney even though their parents can't afford it.

I would build a 5th park filled with thrill rides and roller coasters. You just said billionaire so I'm taking that to mean I have several billion, not just one. ;) But I think about 5 would do it. It would include Star Wars Land and the center piece would be a Spaceship Earth sized Death Star with a ride inside it.

Well I haven't been to wdw recently so my list may change when I get back but I would add 2 countries to Epcot World showcase.

1. Greece- I would build a roller coaster/ dark ride of Hades underworld. A greek quick service place that sells gyros and goodies, and a nice greek table service place. character meet and greet with hercules and megara. It would also have a musical stage for Hercules the musical.

2. Brazil- a nice brazilian steakhouse, a new Carnival parade, a water ride based loosely on the Emporers new groove set in amazon jungle.

Hollywood studios would get 3 new restaurants. One would be for character dining with the muppets, one for character dining with star wars characters, and a new quick service food court.

In Magic Kingdom I would add a new 3d movie, a 101 dalmations cruella de ville dark car ride, and a new show in Frontierland. New character dining at Tonys Town Square with Lady and the Tramp and Pinnochio characters.

In Animal Kingdom I would add with 2 more kiddie rides. One based loosely on the Jungle Book and the other on Tarzan. New Tarzan character meet and greet. I would add a forest section with a new fox and the hound ride, and bambi character meet and greet. I would add an Aussie land with more animals and offer a walkabout experience through the outback.(kangaroos, kolas, etc). Character meet and greet with characters from the Rescuers Down Under.

I would also do the mythical creatures land that was orignially proposed. It would have a medieval theme featuring dragons, unicorns, centaurs, etc. There would be tie in to movies like Sword and the Stone, Sleeping Beauty, Pete's Dragon, Brave, and Robin Hood. It would also have a castle with a nice restaurant. There would be a experience for boys like Jedi Training academy where they turn into knights and prices and learn to fight to slay the dragon.

I agree with others about adding new attractions to DHS and AK, but my first project would be to bring back The Adventurers Club in DTD!!

If I'm donating my money, I'm going to be giving out scholarships.

But, assuming I have the money to do that and much more:

(1) A second Soarin and TSMM so everyone can be happy and no tiers or ridiculously long lines. Unless (2) and (3) solve that problem.

(2) Let my science-loving creative DD come up with amazing new entertaining and educational attractions for Future World.

(3) Star Wars land and Cars land at DHS. Or possibly Villains land. Really, anything for boys and non-princessy girls, including a couple rides that appeal to kids of all ages who can't handle coasters, spinning fast, or fast-moving screens plus a new ride for the thrill seekers.

(4) A new princess show at DHS. Although I love B&B, I have seen it two thousand times and would love something fresh.

(5) Animal Kingdom world that is animals, not Avatar. I could handle mythical creatures, but really Disney has so many animal-related movies that are not featured anywhere in the parks. I won't steal the great ideas already mentioned in this thread.

I would give trips away as well to families that can't afford it.

In Hollywood Studios I would start recording shows,.like how Nickelodeon did them, and include them in the backlot tour. I would also add pixtar land and add monsters ride, another toy story ride, and some type of cars ride.

Epcot I would add 7 or 8 more countries...(yes they have that much room)

Also would add some more rides in Epcot.

Animal Kingdom I would love to see an Australian section with kangaroos and koala bears.

Maybe with this billion dollar March Madness Bracket one of us will have the opportunity! :rotfl2:

This will be unpopular with some: I would remove all the DVC option from all the resorts and build a new resort that is JUST for DVCers. The rooms they have now for DVC, they could charge more & market it as family rooms. Disney would love to have a new way to make more $$$. lol

And I would like to see more attractions in Epcot & get rid of Captain EO. Spaceship Earth needs to be redone & so does the ride with Ellen. And HS needs more too, it's boring there. pixiedust:

Donate money to a multi-billion dollar business....

398436.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter