If you use your points elsewhere, where have you used them?

Our lives got super busy and we were unable to make our annual trip to WDW. The kids had other things planned, so we booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream. It was great. Not the best value for your points....But knowing that we had the option to do something else felt really good. This was the only time we've ever used our points to stay outside of DVC in almost 10 years.

I have been a member since 2005 and we have used our points for the Disneyland Hotel (prior to the villas being built), 2 Disney cruises (a 7 night eastern caribbean and the 6 night LA to Vancouver repo), and a trade throught Club Intrawest for the resort in Whistler. We loved Whistler so much that we are going to trade again in 2012 for a 10 night stay! My kids chose this over a WDW trip. Go figure!

When we lived in NJ, we stayed three nights at the Plaza in 2000. It was decadent! We also stayed at the Phoenix Arizona Biltmore for three nights in 2002, very nice. When we added on at BLT, they were giving the three-night cruise on the Wonder as a perk so we did that and had a great time. In February of this year, we stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for a week for our 40th anniversary. We loved it! I'm definitely planning on going back for our 45th.

We've owned BWV's since 1999 and then BLT since it opened. We've only used our points outside of WDW those four times, because we really feel that the best value for our points is using them at Disney Resorts. We really enjoy our WDW trips and go three or four times a year from 6-9 nights each.

Besides primarily staying at our home resorts, we've also stayed once each at OKW, VLW, AKV, and BCV. They all were very nice, but we do love our home resorts the best. In February we'll be doing a split-stay between BWV and Vero Beach. We're looking forward to that.

I always imagined working at WDW when I retired but we didn't move close enough for that to happen. I'm pretty sure that if we lived any closer, DH would see no reason to own DVC, so I'm happy with how things worked out. This way, it's a vacation every time we go.

We've enjoyed our home resorts (WL & BW), but current favs @ 7 months are BLT & BCV, AKV another lovely option

Trading just seems to be too much work for me;)i've rented my points to other members and used funds toward other travel (cruises-including DCL, DL, vegas, etc.) or just banked points & taken extra trip the following year for ourselves or extended family.

it's all good:goodvibes

We used our developer points a few years ago to stay at DL Hotel before GCV came about.

Kapulua Bay Hotel - no longer available - :sad:
Holland America -(Adventurer Collection) Alaska Cruise
Fairmont Hotel - (Concierge Collection)
Hotel Del Coronado -(Concierge Collection)
DCL

Used points for the DVC member cruise in 2005
Stayed on points at the Grand Californian in 2008 (villas were still under construction)
Will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel next month using our points.

Why would we use our points at DL Hotel when we could stay in GC villas you ask? Because we are celebrating our 35th anniversary, and 35 years ago we stayed at the DL Hotel for our honeymoon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter