If you take an afternoon break, when do you ride the "afternoon" rides?

Just know that they won't always give you a straight answer.

I guess we've been pretty lucky then. All of the attendants that we've asked over the years have been accurate within a couple of minutes on the actual wait times. The key may be not asking why the posted time are inflated. That's probably none of our business.

I did get a little info from an employee at Splash Mtn a few weeks ago. The posted wait at about 9 pm was 60 minutes and it was obvious that it wasn't correct. I asked if the wait time was correct and was told no, it was really about 10 minutes. She said that 60 minutes would be accurate if they were using all of the queue, but they weren't.

We were on in 8 minutes.

I guess we've been pretty lucky then. All of the attendants that we've asked over the years have been accurate within a couple of minutes on the actual wait times. The key may be not asking why the posted time are inflated. That's probably none of our business.

I did get a little info from an employee at Splash Mtn a few weeks ago. The posted wait at about 9 pm was 60 minutes and it was obvious that it wasn't correct. I asked if the wait time was correct and was told no, it was really about 10 minutes. She said that 60 minutes would be accurate if they were using all of the queue, but they weren't.

We were on in 8 minutes.

The CM we got at Space near the end of PM EMH was all cagey and gave us the "I don't know, you'll just have to see" line. The posted wait was 2 hours and it was almost closing time. I knew it couldn't be that long, but a straight answer would have been helpful.

I'm glad to hear though that your experience with that has been better.

The CM we got at Space near the end of PM EMH was all cagey and gave us the "I don't know, you'll just have to see" line. The posted wait was 2 hours and it was almost closing time. I knew it couldn't be that long, but a straight answer would have been helpful.

I'm glad to hear though that your experience with that has been better.

Space Mtn is another where you just can't tell how long the line really is. A good rule of thumb seems to be the posted wait is 4x the actual wait late at night, although I would be surprised if Spaçe was even 30 minutes during the latter part of pm EMH.

Last month Space had a posted wait of 40 minutes at 11:25 pm. There was literally no one in line and we rode 4 times before midnight. It's a long walk in and out of that ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter