• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you skip Ohana, are you really missing out?

excited4dis

Mouseketeer
I keep reading people raving about dining at Ohana. I originally had it on my list of ADRs, but after looking at the dinner menu, I realize my two teenage sons wouldn't really eat much that is listed. They aren't breakfast eaters, so that is out too. Are we really missing something if we don't go?

I would easily skip breakfast. We finally got there for dinner after 8 trips or so and we are going back in November. My 6 year olds loved the food even though I was unsure when I looked at the menu. I was all set to order them chicken fingers when we got there, but they ate it all. The good news is that whatever they DO like they can keep asking for more of it! It's a really fun atmosphere and we liked the food. ENJOY!

I have seen reviews go either way.

We ate there in November for the first time in the 14 years we have been going to Disney and it was okay.

The bread was dry, the noodles didn't have much flavor, the wings were just okay but, the meat was good.

The bread pudding was so disappointing! Our family feels that Raglan Roads bread pudding is far superior!

When I booked our ADR's for this November I could have gotten it on multiple nights for our party of 11, we are skipping it and trying Kona this time.

When I booked our ADR's for this November I could have gotten it on multiple nights for our party of 11, we are skipping it and trying Kona this time.

This is the first year that we are not going to Kona we thought it has been going down hill the last few visits. We tried the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs last time and loved it.

This is the first year that we are not going to Kona we thought it has been going down hill the last few visits. We tried the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs last time and loved it.

I'm trying to stay by Magic Kingdom, I was also considering The Wave, I don't see much about it but when I do, it's been good.

We have dinner ressie's for the Wave on our second night for our August trip. My SIL and my friend rave about it eveytime they come back.

I am not a big meat eater so I have never even considered Ohana. Better to leave those coveted ADR's to people who really would enjoy it more.

We've had Ohana's dinner more often than any other Disney dining experience.

Over the years, the service and entertainment has been good or bad depending on the visit. Never had bad food though. Drinks and atmosphere are always excellent.

All that said if the menu doesn't appeal to your party, you're best off skipping it. It's not cheap, and if the meat skewers in particular don't appeal to your group, it won't be worth it to you.

Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. My picky eater niece said it is one of her favorites too.

I keep reading people raving about dining at Ohana. I originally had it on my list of ADRs, but after looking at the dinner menu, I realize my two teenage sons wouldn't really eat much that is listed. They aren't breakfast eaters, so that is out too. Are we really missing something if we don't go?

NOPE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter