If you save up your change...

I roll my own coins and take them to my bank. I just cashed in $52 early when my daughter went to Daytona a couple of weeks ago. I didn't have anymore rollers for pennies and when I mentioned it to the teller she gave me a stack of them.

OP - you said you have USAA as your bank - I don't know about rolled coins, but a rep recently told me that now you can make deposits to your USAA account at the local UPS stores. There are a ton in our area.

We just roll our own. Here in our small town, the only other option is a Coinstar at the grocery store and I'm not willing to let the machine keep a % of it. Me and ds usually just put on a movie, sort the coins out and start counting. It doens't seem to take too long like that.

Credit unions are free. 8% can get pricey for coinstar.

Not all credit unions are free. :sad2: Ours has a machine that charges 3%. However, we roll our own coins (DS and I enjoy the time spent together doing this) and can take it to them. Some banks won't accept rolled coins which I think is outrageous!

To the OP: I would agree with a PP, ask a friend or family member if their bank offers the service for free and see if they'll take you. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter