If you Rode Forbidden Journey...POST HERE! :) (Spoilers)

Sorry if this has been answered previously but I've been offline for a week - how much are the photos? Is it the normal $14.95 or so?

Don't quote me, but I thought I saw someone post about the gouging price of of either 26.99 or 29.99...but that could have been abut something other than the photo...sorry!

Cool photo, but ride must be more intense than I thought because it looks like the 4th rider got vaporized.

Thank you for posting this, it shows really well how the lap part of the harness is curved, allowing thigh room.:thumbsup2

All of these "problems" are starting to worry me. We'll be there from June 19th-24th after a cruise on the Oasis. The whole reason we're going up to Orlando after the cruise is to see and ride this attraction. If they don't get these "issues" worked our by then, we'll probably just end up going to see the mouse instead. :sad1:

Don't quote me, but I thought I saw someone post about the gouging price of of either 26.99 or 29.99...but that could have been abut something other than the photo...sorry!

Yup you're right, I paid 37.00 for a package of one 8 x 10 and two 5 x 7's. The TM told me one 8 X 10 was 30.00.

Thank you for posting this, it shows really well how the lap part of the harness is curved, allowing thigh room.:thumbsup2

You're very welcome. I am just really happy to share my time there, and it makes me really excited to see other people as into HP as I am. I really enjoy reading all the posts!:thumbsup2

It is so nice of people to take the time and post spoiler info.:flower3:, but I wish I hadn't looked because now I am terrified. :scared1:I can only manage one eye open in parts of the Haunted Mansion, am freaked out by the Snow White ride, hated ITTBAB and still haven't worked up enough courage to try Dinosaur and probably never will. Add to that, a terrible fear of spiders (I don't even like seeing them in the movie) and this is so not the ride for me.

Add in DS11 who is afraid of spiders and Dinosaur as well, DD7 who will probably be frightened by my screaming and DH who is not afraid of any ride except Soarin because he hates his legs dangling and feeling like he's flying and we've got quite the combo.

So, if anyone is going mid-August and sees a poor 14 year old boy leading his ashen faced father and hysterical step-mother and younger siblings off this ride, it'll be us.:laughing:

No, I bought the package, one 8 X10 and 2 5 X 7's for 37.00, just the 8 X 10 was 30.00 according to the TM that was doing the pics. I thought it would be 20, I asked just for the single pic and she told be that it was 30 alone...normally I would NOT have bought the pic, but since I wanted proof that I rode the ride, I gave in. :)

:eek:

That's expensive!

It has a breakdown this morning but we only waited about 20 mins. We didn't get in till 9 as we came in with the GP for the soft opening. Singles was open so we did that both times.

It's interesting how the sensory effects vary. Didn't get too wet from the spiders today or feel cold from the dementors, but did get moderate heat from the dragon. The part after the quidditch match where you go by the willow and have the demtors attacking you is probably the most intense motion part (you go on your back etc.). You can keep from feeling queasy (which isn't very likely anyway) by focusing on the action instead of looking around so you see the screens and other vehicles. I've only been queasy once in 7 rides.

It has a breakdown this morning but we only waited about 20 mins. We didn't get in till 9 as we came in with the GP for the soft opening. Singles was open so we did that both times.

It's interesting how the sensory effects vary. Didn't get too wet from the spiders today or feel cold from the dementors, but did get moderate heat from the dragon. The part after the quidditch match where you go by the willow and have the demtors attacking you is probably the most intense motion part (you go on your back etc.). You can keep from feeling queasy (which isn't very likely anyway) by focusing on the action instead of looking around so you see the screens and other vehicles. I've only been queasy once in 7 rides.

I think I can deal with the spiders more than the "attacking of the dementors"... I am worried this part might be the hardest for me to deal with! If I don't want to see these creatures all "up in my face" is there a certain point I could just use as a que to close my eyes and avoid this action/visual sequence? Please help calm this scardey cat! :goodvibes

Thank you :flower3:

How close to you do the spiders come? On you tube it looks like they are right in your face, but video cameras have zoom....

Everything in the entire ride is in your face

there's really nothing far away

I dunno if that helps or not lol

I personal thought it was very cool to be so immersed into a ride

Everything in the entire ride is in your face

there's really nothing far away

I dunno if that helps or not lol

I personal thought it was very cool to be so immersed into a ride

It doesn't make me feel any better, but it does help me prep for the ride. I'm such a huge Potter fan that I am determined to ride even though I am going to have to work really hard to convince myself. :)

I think I can deal with the spiders more than the "attacking of the dementors"... I am worried this part might be the hardest for me to deal with! If I don't want to see these creatures all "up in my face" is there a certain point I could just use as a que to close my eyes and avoid this action/visual sequence? Please help calm this scardey cat! :goodvibes

Thank you :flower3:

Close your eyes when you see the demetors in the quidditch movie part (although you'll have to keep 'em closed for a while).

No Express, but single riders has been open for a couple of days now and seems to move reasonably fast.

before we left today, rode spiderman for comparison. The spinning sequences on spiderman are worse than any motion on FJ. If you ride spiderman you will have no problems with FJ.

This is the post I have been waiting to read.. I can ride spidey.. although I do have to close my eyes (motion sickness) on a few parts..

So now we can resume our plans for UF summer 2011!!! Harry Potter, here we come!!!

I rode Forbidden Journey yesterday and today (4 times overall- 3 times by Single Rider, and once by Stand-by). I absolutely LOVE the ride. It is a lot of fun. And I think the single rider line is going to be a lifesaver for me.

Plus, I think the standby queue line is outstanding

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter