If you received the gift card promotion are you still purchasing a dining plan?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
Or are you using the gift card for food?

We are getting a $500 gift card, and were planning on using that (plus a tad extra) on food-

Now I am not sure if we should go ahead and add on a ddp to that and use the $500 however we please on the trip instead of strictly for food...

decisions, decisions

Me and DD12 went and got the $500 GC as well. But we did not purchase a DP. Granted she weighs 65 pounds. :goodvibesBut we got to do;

California Grill
Jiko
Narccoossee's
Yachtsman Steak
WCC
San Angel
Fultons.

Sig's were dinner the others were lunch. :upsidedow

I guess we are best to just use the gift card on food, and not buy a dining plan since we wouldn't normally order an app, and dessert with meals......

Forgot to add Chef de France and T-Rex to ours too. But also it's a matter of how many are in your party as well as what type of restaurants and meals you will be spending it on, as to how fast that card can go. I know if older DD had gone we would not have been able to use it on all those restaurants. :wizard:But enjoy!

We had already scheduled our vacation with the DDP before Disney extended the gift card promotion to include the summer months, so I decided to go ahead and keep the dining plan. DH and I are looking forward to using our $750 giftcard to reallly splurge on things we would never buy if were paying OOP such as bar drinks, souviners, etc. We will use the giftcard to pay our restaurant tips.

Change of plans- DH and I were talking last night- and if we are able to swing it we are going to try to purchase the DDP and use the gift card for tips, wine, gifts for the kids- splurge for one week of our lives

Change of plans- DH and I were talking last night- and if we are able to swing it we are going to try to purchase the DDP and use the gift card for tips, wine, gifts for the kids- splurge for one week of our lives

That's what I'm using mine for! DD and I go in May and I got the dining plan for us, so giftcard is for extras!

We are getting the gift card and still got the dining plan. I knew our food was going to be more than the gift card and I like the feeling of having everything paid for ahead of time and not have to worry about what stuff costs. We will be using the giftcard for souvenirs

We decided to do the DDP after the giftcard deal came out. Now we don't have to worry about tips. Since the giftcard only required 5 nights, and we have 7 nights, we booked a split stay-5 nights at POR with the card, and 2 nights at CR room only. I booked CR with a 40% off code, only had to pay one night down, and can use the giftcard to pay it off when I get there, plus pay for CS meals for our last 2 days.:wizard:

We did the gift card deal and really went back and forth about the Dining Plan for a good month or so. Today I finally bit the bullet and called to add it on to our reservation.
We're planning to use the gift card for a photopass CD since we couldn't afford it last time, tips, drinks, and fun souveniers!

We're going in April and decided to go with the QSDP (since my DD4 doesn't like to sit still for table service:rolleyes:). We are going to use the gift card for one character meal (Cinderella's dinner at 1900 Park Fare) and to upgrade our base tickets to park hoppers. I love the photopass idea as well!

We decided to do the DDP after the giftcard deal came out. Now we don't have to worry about tips. Since the giftcard only required 5 nights, and we have 7 nights, we booked a split stay-5 nights at POR with the card, and 2 nights at CR room only. I booked CR with a 40% off code, only had to pay one night down, and can use the giftcard to pay it off when I get there, plus pay for CS meals for our last 2 days.:wizard:

We are doing something similiar 5 days at WL for $750 GC with dxdp and 2 days at POR with 30% off using card and planet hollywood voucher. We will use gc for waterpark upgrades,tips, last room night and cs meals. Since we will have had 5 nights on the dxdp I plan to have lots snacks saved for breakfasts.:lovestruc

We are doing the same as Mindyd. We wanted to use the card for tips, t-shirts and our day at the water park! We are so excited! I can't wait! This is our first trip to WWD, we have never spent this much on a vacation- Our DD6has never flown on a plane so this is really going to be a trip of a lifetime for us!

My husband insits on DDP. We only got the $300 card since we are staying at the Pop. So we will use it for tips and souvies.

We're getting a $500 giftcard, and we're getting the DDP. We're going to use the giftcard to pay for tips, upgrade our tickets, and for souvies.

I called disney and they said I cant use a gift card for tips?Has anyone actually done this?Maybe this CM was wrong?

Hopefully someone could clear this up for us- I thought that you could charge the tips to your Key to the World Card, and then at the end of your stay pay for the charges with the gift card

Is that right?

I was told that you could pay with the giftcard. If not, charging to your KTTW card should work, too. I plan to do that when we eat at T-Rex.

We're getting the $300 gift card on our May trip, but we're on the quick service plan (so much less pressure with our two year old). Granted, $300 might not have gotten us too far with food for 5 nights, but it would've helped. Now we'll just use that for some other fun stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter