If you PIF can you get your rate reduced?

dandjfla

DCL addict!
So if I PIF and a week later a Florida resident rate comes out fir my cruise will they adjust my fare if I call them or am I out of luck?

So if I PIF and a week later a Florida resident rate comes out fir my cruise will they adjust my fare if I call them or am I out of luck?

If its after the PIF date then no they won't reduce your price.

Yes! We paid in full in August (last year) and FL rates came out in September. My TA called me the day the rates came out and changed it for me. Our cat. 8B was not part of the discounted rate, so he switched us to a 4D and we saved $640 on top of getting a better cabin.

I got both an upgrade and a refund onto my ship account when the rate went down after I paid in full. :confused3 They gave me my choice of Upgrade, Upgrade with a small refund or a refund of the rate change. My TA took care of everything.

Some discounts do allow for a reduction in fare on a current reservation - particularly FL resident rates and MIL rates have historically allowed this, sometimes even KSF. In that case, then yes you can request a refund (or onboard credit) after PIF. If it's a special discount - like *GT - that requires a new booking, then you would have to cancel the current reservation and rebook. It's all in the language of the discount offer whether or not it can be applied to current bookings.

If you pay-in-full before the PIF date - you should be able to get any fare reduction that is available to be applied to a current reservation (FL, MIL) as long as it is still prior to the official PIF date. You should even be able to cancel and receive full refund before the PIF date.

Is that only the case with a Florida resident rate?

Mine was just a rate reduction for the cruise. The cruise was not filling up so they reduced the rates. I always watch the price of the cruise I have booked to make sure the rates do not go down. If they go down I contact my TA to get the change. This does not happen very much on Disney. Most of my Disney cruises the price goes up as time goes by. Our last Disney Cruise almost doubled from the time I booked to the cruise time.

Yes they will! I was paid in full for our April cruise and a month or so prior they had a kids sail free promo and I was able to get a refund for my kids which I just added to my onboard account.

I just booked the June 27th med cruise and then found the same "g" rate 300 cheaper. They honored it and u got that 300 back even if I sail in 2 weeks! And booked 3 weeks prior to sailing!

We were PIF ad KSF came out for our B2B's- our TA called and got us $1600 + back!!

Yes, only for FL rates. Someone posted that recently they were not able to get their cruise adjusted with a military rate. They had to cancel, pay the penalty, then rebook with the discount.

If its after the PIF date then no they won't reduce your price.

They will for Florida resident rates.

Used to be able to do it with military rates, but that was changed. It's only Florida rates now.

Florida resident rates are allowed to be applied to a cruise even after the PIF date. We have done this a few times. Once we received the difference back, the other time we just upgraded to a better stateroom. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter