• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you live in Driving distance?

tnkrbell

DIS Veteran
If you live in Driving distance and you can bring snacks drinks ect.. Do you think its still worth the extra to stay in a concierge room??

We doing our first concierge stay in October. I am a DVC member, so my answer is not really going to apply..but I do live within driving distance.

We had a bunch of extra points that we splurged with and went for the AKL concierge. AKL because it looked so great when we visited there during our last trip, concierge because we had the extra points. I don't really think the snacks are the draw. They will ahve some good apatizers(sp), but I think the special treatment, the lounge and the Sunrise Safari will make it worthwhile.

The only hotels that have a servi-bar are the S/D. They have a little bit of room to put just a few perishables. I know many people pick up styrofoam coolers and fill it with ice to keep perishables cool throughout their stay. Otherwise you have to pay for a frig or for the S/D to empty theirs. I actually just bought a small cooler you can plug into the cigarette lighter outlet which has an adapter so you can plug it into a regular electric outlet. But, it is still rather small. Can hold a few little milks, a few yogurts and some cheese.

It really depends what you like at the concierge. I liked the fresh fruit and the very fresh oj which doesn't travel too well. And, the selection of danish, bagels etc. It was also a nice relaxing way to start our day when were upgraded to use the Royal Beach Club at the Swan. It was very convenient picking up COLD fresh bottled water to the parks. We always bring our own gallon of water but it isn't cold.

As far as whether or not it's worth it. That's really personal preference. If it's a BIG difference in $$$, probably not. You can buy a nice breakfast each day and it will still probably be cheaper than the concierge rate. (we barely got to visit in the afternoon)

If you want to stay in concierge to eat the food and save money, then I'd have to stay no. But if you appreciate the higher level of service, it may be worth it to you. It really depends on your personal tastes and how you value money.

Hey!
You must be going at about the same time we are!!!!
We will be at AKL from Aug30-Sep2. I had gotten a rate of $234 for Poly gv conc. , but DH wouldn't go for it. I understand his point. For us, the food would make a difference and he wants to eat in the restaurants!!! The savings would be different if you are a family of five with three hungry kids. We don't eat much and our DS eats like a picky bird. We aren't big eaters, so there is no way we could eat snacks/appetizers and then eat dinner! Maybe after we have eaten at all the restaurants (he he)!!!! We usually do a breakfast buffet and then eat a light dinner (no lunch).

If you want to bring snacks I don't see a problem. We pack a big soft-sided cooler with juice boxes , water bottles , milk (small paramalat boxes). We freeze about half of them and refrigerate the rest before we leave. We bring fruit, cut up veggies, and other snacks for mid day or late night. Bring a few gallon size ziplocs to put ice in during your stay.

Yes Suzy we will be there the same time!! :D (dont forget your lime green ribbon!!)
We usually bring snacks ect.. I guess I was just wondering if I would save money using concierge or would I save more bringing snacks drinks ect..
I thnk staying in concierge would be fun!! :D
Although I think anytime I get to stay at Yacht and beach Im thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

:smooth: Sounds like alot of us FL residents will be there for Labor Day!!

We will be staying at The Yacht Club for our 11th Anniversary, Labor Day vacation...
We also have tried Concierge and IMHO don't think it is worth the extra money.... We all have our PS's set and don't use the staff much, the snacks are nice, but I think we do pretty well with our snacks and cooler from home... We kind of have fun and plan our day around PS's and meal plans...

We are going to The Beach Club for 4th of July, We are really hooked on Y&B Club's.......:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That is great Libmil 11 years!! We are celebrating outr 10th! Its a great place to be for an anniversaary isnt it?? Although I have many people who say "Disney??!! AGAIN???!!" They just dont get it!!

We tried concierge once - and NO....if you can bring snacks and drinks I would say conceirge is not worth it. That, in my experience, is the only benefit.

PamNC

Here's the formula for us...

1) We live close enough to drive
2) So, we go quite often
3) If we stayed in concierge
4) #2, above, would vanish

:) :)

We travel to WDW about 12 times a year. Generally 8 stays at the All Stars and one stay at each of the four moderates. Concierge isn't even on the radar screen for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter