If you knew DCL Executives were reading this, what would you say?

Also a DCL addict who will be sailing DCL all her life no matter the cost, I will always find a way to get on DCL! :cool1:

Improvements I'd like to see:

Some type of photopass like they use at WDW. Instead of printing all of those photos, use your KTTW card every time you get a photo done and then have them viewable on your stateroom tv and have the OPTION of either printing them out on the ship or burned to a CD so you can print them out at home or use them in a digital album. I HATE the people bumper car game you have to play when you go to Shutters to find your dang pics!!

Improve your WIFI as it obviously needs some work and make it available in your stateroom!!! Preferrably before our next cruise in October :rolleyes:

Not sure if this has changed since Oct 05 BUT if not, please bring back the stateroom channel that has the info about the cruise like how fast you are going, where you are, report from the bridge etc. AND please make the ship's announcements so that you can hear them in your stateroom!! Maybe put a volume button like RCCL and people can either turn it off or up!

Ditto on the double dip to CC.
Ditto on the quality of food.
Ditto on the service, really lacking this past trip compared to 2002!

Make the return cruisers stateroom credit for ALL return cruisers! Not just the ones that rebook on board. Why treat the loyal but perhaps a little unsure about their next cruise any less than those who rebook on board??? :furious:

On the flipside...

Great job on:
Goofy's Galley
Giant movie screen on deck 9
Ken's dijon sauce at Pluto's
Pirate Night

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I would like real ice cream available. At least a scoop for dessert in the dining rooms.

That fake stuff, was too grainy and cold.

We really enjoyed our cruise and will be returning Sep 06 and March 07.

Obviously they need at least one more ship. Look how fast the West Coast bought up trips last year.

The pool chairs. Ok DISers. The towel removal begins here. We can start the revolution. We should only use the chaise lounges if we're actually sunbathing and maybe pile our stuff (shirts, coverups, etc.) on a regular chair. I have two people in our family reunion group this July who shouldn't be in the sun for too long so we'll be at a regular table. And when the kids are in the pool, we'll sit on the side and watch them.

For the people outside the U.S. not every repeat cruiser gets Castaway Cards. My parents received nothing. I phoned Disney to get their numbers and they were in the system. Our second cruise we received nothing as CC members so I'm not expecting anything. A special CC cruise with a small discount would be nice.

How about a few cruises that are really casual? Shorts at meals. No tuxes or dresses or shoes. We did buy tuxes and dresses and do like to get dressed up, but it would be nice to pack 2 bathing suits and a few pairs of shorts instead of the shoes and fancy things.

My biggest hope for changes. Change the kids pajama party to a casual night instead of the formal night. We talked up the pj party to my ds5 and didn't realize it was the same as formal night (where we bought tuxes for him and all the men).

Other than that we LOVE the cruise and won't go with anybody else.

I would love real ice cream too!!

The Shutters line is a nightmare. Not sure how they would do all the candid shots in the pool and at CC, but somethiing like photopass would be wonderful. RCL has a great video that they make from each cruise that was great to have. Would be nice to have some of the cruise music and shows.

Larger pool area-like on RCL. And no big kids in the Mickey pool. I have seen too many little ones jumped on by kids way too big for that area.

I would like to see some on board activities on days in port and CC. Not everyone wants to get off--or can get off if somewhat disabled. Just one or 2 things to break up the day would be nice. Also a few more family type activities later iin the evening.Not everyone wants to do the dance party.

We have found the service excellent on DCL and the entertainment as well. We had no real complaint about the food--I guess we are eaasy to please.

The other mess always seems to be the line for formal pictures. They need another area with a more formal backdrop to use and break up the long line.

mommasita said:
IT is all NON US citizens, not only those from the UK...Have never received anything, as well as lots of people here, regardless of your address..

I would call for those of you in Canada, we got mailings, well at least our castaway cay club cards. Saying hi from TO.

Also, fairly sure that passport pick up time for non-us citizen is 6 am and we went in pj's last cruise and did not look out of place at all. They had juice and pastries and the total time for pick up was under 10 mins, then mom headed back to bed for another two hours and I got some great shots of an empty ship at dawn.

Improvements:
less scratchy blankets, and comforters instead of the bed covers they have now. Better pillows. IT's vacation and sleep is really important for me. I have brought my own blanket and pillow on both cruises and was glad for it.

a better library type set up, maybe with both internet and books and coffee bar, the Cove is a great start, now build on it for the next ships.

Penny

At the price, one would think real butter would be offered as an option. It is furnished on request at dinner but not at the other meals or buffets. It may seem silly to many, but it bugs me!

I saw butter and margarine offered at all the buffets we went to.

I would say

"Could you please put more commercials on TV so I could get my fix everyday"

MrsJobba1 said:
What a good idea! It is awful getting up on the last morning, but I wonder whether part of the fact is, it is the last morning!!

I would also like to say ...

I would like Uk Castaway Club members to recieve membership cards and mailings the same as the USA members.

:rolleyes:

We agree - did email and receive my castaway membership number but have no idea why we cannot receive all the details we should. It is expensive to phone and we also never get the dvd and planning booklet nor any information other than the tickets after booking.

mattmommy said:
Obviously they need at least one more ship. Look how fast the West Coast bought up trips last year.

The pool chairs. Ok DISers. The towel removal begins here. We can start the revolution.

I love this idea....lets all make name lime green name tags that say OFFICIAL DIS TOWEL REMOVER.

Nothing made me madder then seeing all the chairs covered in towels and no one ever going to sit in them. I could see if personal stuff was in the chair, but just a towel??? Same goes on CC, we have 2 in our group due to meds can't be exposed to direct sun very long. Some shade would be nice.

More CM's in the kids club! And stick to the rules = if a kid misbehaves repeatedly, get them OUT!

I have two main suggestions (in addition to the obvious one that I wish it were cheaper):

1. I don't understand why we can't find out our dining rotation ahead of time to make planning for Palo easier. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to include that information in a mailer or on the website, so that we could plan Palo for the night of our "repeat" restaurant on our 4-Day Cruise.

2. I think there should be more affordable staterooms for families of more than four people. We are lucky that my in-laws are going and we could book adjoining rooms and have one of our three children with them, but otherwise we would have to get one of the very expensive staterooms for our family with three young kids. They are not old enough for a stateroom of their own, even if it is adjoining.

kstelzner said:
Not sure if Disney has a dedicated marketing person dedicated to reading the wonderful suggestions, comments and experiences from us dedicated, sometime addictive DISers, but if they do (or these work their way up through the chain of command) ...3

Hey Disney, I want this job!!!! How cool to sit, read the DIS boards and get paid!!! :banana: :banana:

1. Shutters - add the Photopass capability - I'd pay extra to be able to avoid going to Shutters, expecially on the last night! Either in-room or at home after the cruise.

2. Shutters (again) - make all the prints the same size - always feel like I'm getting the used car salesman treatment when I buy a package for one size, and the prints I want are a different size. I'd much prefer the abilty to order prints in different sizes as I choose.

3. Enforce no saving deck chairs - agree 100% with the comments on this one.

4. Dress codes - no fashion police, but let people know more clearly about formal night, semi-formal night, pirate night, etc. - people would be more likely to participate if it was clearer what the events are and expectations for same.

i agreee with more staterooms for bigger families!!! if we cruise with all of our kids then 2 of them pay adult rate...i need a room for 6 without getting a suite!

also...we had a problem on our last cruise with a young child that kept pooping in the kids pool....they shut it down about 4 times for about 2 hours each time...i talked to a CM about it and they said it was the same child all 4 times! there should be a policy that once you poop in the pool, no more pool time!!!

and i don't know about anyone else, but i would like to see just have some junk food, like chips and salsa or potato chips and dip available for room service or at plutos....our first cruise they had cheese in the back and we had cheese fries and nachos sometimes but no cheese this last cruise....sometimes you just wanna munch on some comfort food! i think we will bring our own next time!!!

mmouse37 said:
I think the remote control for the TV's in the stateroom should have a SLEEP TIMER on them!!! I love to watch TV before falling asleep but I often forget to shut it off before I drift off and then wake startled in the middle night from "voices"....LOL!!!

If there is a sleep timer to found, I'll find it. And there is one...you have to press the buttons ON the TV (somewhere at the top) and go through the menu, its like most tv menus!!

Also, I think everyone has a great comment, complaint or suggestion. I can't think of ONE you all took them all and then some. But I have a question, if we are all filling out those questionaires at the end of the cruise that they make such a big deal out of, and surely were all writing these in there, then why aren't they listening to the black and white that gets handed to them??!!
:confused3

Soccermom-Cheri said:
I would love to see some cast members taking towels off of unattended pool chairs. Not so sure how you cold accomplish this, but after 4 cruises, I have gotten to sit on a pool chair exactly ONE time and have watched chairs hold perfectly clean, folded towels for hours.

I would love to see this happen. :cool1:

This is my list, and some were already mentioned:

1. Definitely the photopass option. I don't want to waste another minute of my cruise looking for pictures!

2. Get rid of the staggered dining. We just got off the Wonder and I hated the 5:30 dining time.

3. Additional drink station in another location on the ship (maybe forward deck 9). We were forward this time (first 2 cruises were aft), and it was a pain to have to walk to the other end of the ship.

4. Real fridge in the room.

5. More matinees of the shows. I feel we miss some of the night-time stuff because of the shows.

6. More power outlets in the staterooms. We always have to bring a power strip, because of curling irons, camera and camcorder chargers, etc.

7. Take the steamer trunk out of the staterooms, and install floor to ceiling shelves. You could probably get 8 or 10 shelves in there for folded clothes.

Judy

I agree about photopass. that is a great idea.

I also hope on the Magic they do away with the open house for the Kids Club/Lab. I have three girls and they will be in 2 different places.

PLEASE, PLEASE GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS BEFORE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter