• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IF you have to skip a park...

Actually, before you skip a park, talk with your kids and see what interests them. We had already decided to skip AK (the boys wouldn't have ridden Dinosaur or EE and we didn't buy park-hoppers), so we visited MK, HS, Epcot, and Sea World, then offered the boys (8 & 10) the option to pick a park to repeat. With no disussion whatsoever, they picked HS. When asked what park they definitely did NOT want to return to, MK was the choice.

Now, based on the ages of your kids, HS may not have much appeal (my boys were turned on by the Indiana Jones and Star Wars stuff and the movie making things), but you need to think about YOUR family and what they will enjoy. The answer will probably be very different depending on your circumstances v. everyone else's.

(and if my kids were the ages of yours, I'd do MK and AK and skip the others)

This question ALWAYS gets the same answer AK. WE love animal Kingdom and wouldn't miss it especialy with little ones. It's a very easy park to go to for about a 1/2 days fun. We like to go in early with a breakfast ADR around 8:15 or so. By the time were done with breakfast around 9 we ride the safari,look at some animals..take the train to Rafiki's planet watch. Then let the kids play in boneyard area,watch the Nemo stage show, Do it's tough to be a bug (THIS CAN BE SCARY FOR SOME)...then it's over to Camp Minnie Mickey for the Characters andFestivel of the Lion King Show then were done...usually by 2 or 3. Then the kids can rest,swim and then we head to DTD for dinner and shopping and in bed early for the next day.

I would skip the Studios.....

I agree, skip HWS. It's mostly shows, and I don't think would have the same attractions as AK would for the kids. If you have a stroller (double), then AK would be perfect - even if it rains a little. Kids always love animals, and it would be perfect for them.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you for all the insight. I like the idea about seeing which my daughter enjoys the most. I am hoping we won't need to skip a park. Our last day is also my birthday and since we already have multi day tickets I was planning to get the Fastpasses....although I have a bit more research to do about how that works. Maybe that day will be for repeating our favorite park.

My vote would also be to skip HS. IMHO, I think most of the attactions would be over the kid's heads. Except for maybe Toy Story Mania (if you can get in) and the Little Mermaid Show. The rest are basically all shows and they won't/can't ride TT or RNRC. TSM was the only reason we went to HS this past October and were forced to stay because the only way we could ride was with a Fastpass and our return time was around 5:30 pm and we were there at 10am. My DH has diabetes and has issues with his left foot so we had to take a day to just relax by the pool so on our last day, we did AK and had reservations at Epcot for 4:30pm for dinner. We could only do a half day at AK and were disappointed we didn't have more time at this park, we forgot how much we liked it. I think AK has more shows and attactions for younger ones and has lots of animals. I wouldn't skip AK.

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :wizard:

Skip Animal Kingdom, period. It's just my personal opinion but in the 30 + years I've been going to WDW, Animal Kingdom just doesn't rank with the other parks even though it's much newer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter