• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

IF you have to skip a park...

jenn22

Earning My Ears
My family will be going to Disney in early December. My husband has only been to Epcot once. My daughter, 5, and son, 1, have never been. I have been to MK several times as a child, Epcot several times and, I think, HS once as a youngster. We definitely want to do 2 days at MK. We plan on doing one day at each of the other parks. We will be at the parks for a total of 5 days and have base tickets (no hopping). I am not sure how my young one will hold up and am a bit nervous that 5 straight days at the parks will be too much for the kids. IF (and it's a big IF!!!) we have to skip a park, which one should it be?

I will say that my 5 yr old will ride any ride she is tall enough to go on. She loves kid roller coasters at our local amusement park. She likes the princesses, especially Ariel. The trip is mostly for her and my husband, since he's never been.

I guess I would skip AK.

In terms of doing parks everyday, just don't plan on staying all day each day and the kids will do fine. I went with ds6 and dd2 and our most successful days were the ones where we got the park at rope drop and stayed until about 3:30 or so, back to resort for swimmng and dinner and bedtime at normal time around 7:30-8.

If I had to skip a park I would most-likely skip epcot. Its really a toss up between Epcot and AK. Since you are traveling with kids, AK is very kid friendly because of the animals. Epcot can get boring to children sometimes and thats why, I your sitution, I would skip it.

If we have to skip one it usually ends up being AK. I am the only one who goes on EE and to go there for a handful of attractions isn't worth it for us.

No doubt skip AK!!! Now, I will say that Epcot is our favorite park, I would never skip it!

Skip AK. Epcot has twice the attractions as AK. Also, Epcot has more to do if it rains. I wouldn't want to be stuck without park hoppers if it rains all day at AK and all there is is Dinosaur! and It's Tough to be a Bug.

I would skip AK for some reason my kids aren't as thrilled by it as they are the other parks! 2 days at MK is a good call...I could spend all of my vacation days there!

This question ALWAYS gets the same answer AK. WE love animal Kingdom and wouldn't miss it especialy with little ones. It's a very easy park to go to for about a 1/2 days fun. We like to go in early with a breakfast ADR around 8:15 or so. By the time were done with breakfast around 9 we ride the safari,look at some animals..take the train to Rafiki's planet watch. Then let the kids play in boneyard area,watch the Nemo stage show, Do it's tough to be a bug (THIS CAN BE SCARY FOR SOME)...then it's over to Camp Minnie Mickey for the Characters andFestivel of the Lion King Show then were done...usually by 2 or 3. Then the kids can rest,swim and then we head to DTD for dinner and shopping and in bed early for the next day.

I would skip the Studios.....

I was thinking about skipping AK. Since I had never been there I wasn't sure what I would be missing. Honestly, I originally was planning to skip Epcot thinking my kids would get bored BUT my daughter really wants to do the Princess Storybook character meal and I've read great things about Soarin...Thanks for all your help!

This question ALWAYS gets the same answer AK. WE love animal Kingdom and wouldn't miss it especialy with little ones. It's a very easy park to go to for about a 1/2 days fun. We like to go in early with a breakfast ADR around 8:15 or so. By the time were done with breakfast around 9 we ride the safari,look at some animals..take the train to Rafiki's planet watch. Then let the kids play in boneyard area,watch the Nemo stage show, Do it's tough to be a bug (THIS CAN BE SCARY FOR SOME)...then it's over to Camp Minnie Mickey for the Characters andFestivel of the Lion King Show then were done...usually by 2 or 3. Then the kids can rest,swim and then we head to DTD for dinner and shopping and in bed early for the next day.

I would skip the Studios.....

It sounds like it may be doable to not skip any if our AK day is short. Can I ask why you would skip the Studios???????

I would skip Animal Kingdom. It's a nice park but I find the other three way more entertaining.

I wouldn't skip Ak. The age of your kids there is much more them there, especially the younger one. I would miss Epcot, however since you do have a day pass I would book the storybook meal, make sure you do soaring then if they want to leave you did what you wanted to do. Also maybe return for the night show if their not tired. One more thing, if you decide to do AK, go 1/2 way through the trip. Since it closes early it will seem like a little break.

with kids who are small like yours, I would most definitely NOT skip AK. There is enough there to fill up an entire day for small children. In your situation, I would skip HS. Not so much there for little ones, IMO. Be sure not to miss Festival of the Lion King at AK! Absolutely amazing! And the kids will love the Jungle Jammin Mickey Parade...it is one of my favorite parades. Have a great trip!

I would skiped HS, not much to do there if you have been already. AK and MK would be musts for me!!

Skip AK. Don't skip Epcot -they've really added a lot for the little ones. Between Soarin', the character spot, the Nemo ride, and Innoventions there is a TON to do. I'm not a big fan of "educational" stuff on a vacation, but my DD (7) and DS (5) loved the stuff in innoventions. It is also air conditioned!! We didn't do the new Kim Possible thing, but I saw a lot of kids enjoying it. DD also loved working on her mask in world showcase.

AK has so much walking. While it has a lot to offer, it gets my vote for skipping if you don't have the hopper or the time. If you are there for a week and have hoppers, it is worth a morning in the summer with small kids. I'd stay longer absent the heat of the summer.

I certainly wouldn't want to miss AK.

Personally I'd miss the Magic Kingdom because, to me anyway, it isn't as nice as the Magic Kingdom at Disneyland Paris.

If I had to make a choice, taking first timers I'd probably do all of the parks but maybe in this order

MK
AK
EP
MK
DHS

So that you had 2 days at MK and 1 at all of the others but your days at AK and Epcot (possibly DHS) would be shorter than your days at the MK park

Why skip any park?
Do you have arrival day, 4 days and then departure day of is your "5" day include arrival and departure days?
If the former, do one park a day on your four days and then also do MK on your arrival day.
If the latter, skip AK. I love it, but if i HAD to I guess I would skip AK. It does get muggy there, closes early anyway and personally I can go to a great zoo at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter