If you have groceries delivered to your resort...

BensWife

DIS Veteran
what do you do with your left over food? I'm not sure how much to order and knowing myself, I will order more than we will eat. Do you just leave the food there? I hate to waste food. Is there a food bank that picks up food (since we will not have a car to do it ourselves)? What do you do with your left over food?

I've been wondering the same thing - last time we left behind unopened bottles of water and snacks - and don't forget the pool noodles. I hope they allow cast members to either take them home or donate...not just toss in the trash. I'd take it home, but we fly and the space manages to fill up with souvenirs.

We used to just leave it aside (unopened things) with a note for housekeeping to take it. Last trip, however, we had two grocery bags of things we couldn't use up (unopened peanut butter, cereal, chips, condiments we didn't need, etc, some things I had brought from home and just honestly didn't want to pack up and take back home) so I asked bell services if they wanted our food. They were THRILLED about it, as one guy told me some of them are on the college program and don't make much money. I called down to them the morning we were leaving after we packed up, and a sweet girl came to our room to retrieve the bags of food. She was excited to have free food!

Next time, I'll do the same thing and give it to bell services. They're always working so hard, and it's nice to share.

Side note: we own a timeshare at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club (next to Aulani on Oahu) and last trip I saw something new that was cool. In the lobby of each tower, they have huge bins for leftover unopened food for people to donate, and it all goes to a local food bank. Every couple of days, the bins were filled to the brim! I left a few things too. It's nice to be able to give back. I also do know (being told from them specifically) that at Marriott housekeeping is able to accept leftover food, but the manager has to take a note of it first and any alcohol has to be thrown out - they can't accept alcohol. I don't know if Disney can (but I did tell the girl at the BWV that there were a couple cans of beer in the bottom of the bag, and I didn't care if she could take them or toss them - I had overbought!).

The day before we leave I look for someone who is just checking in and offer them our unopened leftovers (Snacks and bottled water). Usually they are thrilled to have it. I never thought of offering it to the castmembers. That's a gret idea.

Haven't been to Aulani.....but at WDW we always leave the unopened water bottles right outside of our hotel room door with a sign that says FREE (really big).....it's usually gone right away.

We give ours to the neighbors or someone at the pool our last day. We always have more beer than we need for some reason.

We give ours to the neighbors or someone at the pool our last day. We always have more beer than we need for some reason.

Now that is a crying shame!

We just leave the unopened food in the room. I think bagging it up for bell services is a great idea, though!

We used to just leave it aside (unopened things) with a note for housekeeping to take it. Last trip, however, we had two grocery bags of things we couldn't use up (unopened peanut butter, cereal, chips, condiments we didn't need, etc, some things I had brought from home and just honestly didn't want to pack up and take back home) so I asked bell services if they wanted our food. They were THRILLED about it, as one guy told me some of them are on the college program and don't make much money. I called down to them the morning we were leaving after we packed up, and a sweet girl came to our room to retrieve the bags of food. She was excited to have free food!

Next time, I'll do the same thing and give it to bell services. They're always working so hard, and it's nice to share.

Side note: we own a timeshare at Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club (next to Aulani on Oahu) and last trip I saw something new that was cool. In the lobby of each tower, they have huge bins for leftover unopened food for people to donate, and it all goes to a local food bank. Every couple of days, the bins were filled to the brim! I left a few things too. It's nice to be able to give back. I also do know (being told from them specifically) that at Marriott housekeeping is able to accept leftover food, but the manager has to take a note of it first and any alcohol has to be thrown out - they can't accept alcohol. I don't know if Disney can (but I did tell the girl at the BWV that there were a couple cans of beer in the bottom of the bag, and I didn't care if she could take them or toss them - I had overbought!).
That's a great idea!!

Some people give it to other guests; we didn't have a lot left so we took ours back home with us. This year I may do what happymommy suggested.

What a great idea about the Food Bank.

I just got back (today really!) from Ko Olina (Marriott) and the bell services told me that housekeeping is allowed to take leftover alcohol now. They have to have it signed off and wait something like 24 hours first. They still collect for the food banks too, but we left all our extra stuff for housekeeping this trip (not a whole lot this time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter