If you had to pick only one Character meal...

lauracitawita

Mouseketeer
My daughter will be 8 during our next trip to Disney. She is not really into princesses, and shows no real interest in seeing specific characters.

:confused3

I still want to take her to a character meal. Any suggestions?

Our favorite was Cinderella's at 1900 Fare Park something???? But, we had teenagers and that LOVED the snotty step-sisters! We laughed the whole time, they were great!

Oh, and my little girl did like meeting Cinderella and the prince!

Our hands down favorite character meal is breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. Try to book an early breakfast on a non-EMH day. You'll have a chance to get some great pics on Main Street with little to no other people. You should also finish up your meal in time to to hit all the rides in Fantasyland with little to no wait.

I like Chef Mickey breakfasts. It's all the classic characters.

I also liked 1900 Park Faire w/ Cinderella, the Prince, the Stepmother and Stepsiters. That one was really a hoot!

I have eaten at just about every character meal and if you don't care about which characters are there my top three recommendations are:

Tusker House breakfast, Garden Grille dinner and 1900 Park Fare dinner

I have been to all the characters breakfast:

The best:

Crystal Palace
Great food, great interaction, and right there in the park.
You can go for bkfst, lunch or dinner...its all great!!

'Ohana for breakfast is really amazing. I love the location at the Poly because it's so easy to just hop on the monorail and go to the MK right after breakfast. The atmosphere (in my opinion) is just fabulous. It feels very hawaiian and the restaurant has windows all over the place so it's like no matter where you're sitting you can look out over the lagoon and see the castle. I like it also because it is unique in the fact that it isn't a buffet. I don't like buffet character meals because getting up repeatedly is a pain and you might miss a character, etc. The servers bring you a big platter of breakfast foods and it's all you can eat so they'll keep bringing food if you run out. The characters are Pluto, Mickey, Lilo, and Stitch and the character interaction has always been fabulous.

Our hands down favorite character meal is breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. Try to book an early breakfast on a non-EMH day. You'll have a chance to get some great pics on Main Street with little to no other people. You should also finish up your meal in time to to hit all the rides in Fantasyland with little to no wait.
EXACTLY what we do. Love it!!

I like Chef Mickey's or Ohana. Stitch was a lot of fun!

i think we hit up almost every single character meal in october! needless to say we cut waaaaay back this trip.

crystal palace is a great one- but i love winnie!

my kids loved chef mickeys - ds's requested it for his third bday this trip. mickey, minnie, pluto and donald are there.
we all really like garden grill- farmer mickey, pluto and chip and dale. one of them kissed dd's hand as she still had her princess crown in from her makeover. and the food was very yummy- and im picky!

Now that they've started it back up again, I'd say Liberty Tree. Classic Disney characters with good food.

I asked my kids DD (5) and DS (8)
and DD right away said pricess dinner (1900)
and DS goes wellll if you PROMISE not to tell anyone mine was the princess one too the food was better there and they had strawberry soup (SO SHHHHH don't tell i told:rotfl2:)
we have been to chef mickey and to crystal palace and to garden grill

Crystal Palace is at the top of our list -- and we're both 50+. We love the puffed french toast, made to order omelets and the potato casserole. And, of course, the characters. Our next choice would be Cape May Cafe.

We have 3 "must do" character meals:

Crystal Palace breakfast
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Ohana breakfast

We love all three, but if forced to pick only one we would probably choose Crystal Palace. CP has a nice buffet featuring puffed french toast :thumbsup2 We enjoy the bright/open atmosphere of CP & we get an 8:05 am adr on a non-emh day so we're done in time for rope drop.

I'd have to put in a vote for the breakfast at 'Ohana. The food is fantastic as is the atmosphere and the character interaction was great. Stitch and Mickey got into a big smack down right at our table because Stitch accidentally backed into Mickey. They kept it up until Lilo intervened. Then Stitch made a big deal about the t-shirt our DD was wearing (it was Stitch in his Elvis garb) and then he went into an air guitar routine. Pluto was great too. He had a tickle fight on the floor with our DD7 & DD4. He had a biscuit wedged into the back of his mouth, so it looked like he'd been up to some hijinx at someone else's table too!

We haven't done them all, but the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends was a great hit with the grandchildren (both boys, ages 5 and 7.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter