If you "had" to leave out a park

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
we will be taking our 2nd trip to Disney in April 2016. I would like to take one day out of our7 full days to take a trip over to Universal. If you had to leave out either HS or Animal Kingdom which one would you leave out and why? we were kind of underwhelmed by Animal Kingdom but was also not overly impressed with HS......

right now my plan is at least 2 days at MK and at least 1 1/2 at Epcot.

Any advice or feedback would be great. thanks

Animal Kingdom is the one I would leave out for our family. We have done trips without going there and still had a blast. We are members of our local zoo and can see animal procedures, petting zoo, ride a train, etc. My Ds doesn't do thrill/scary or water rides really so Dinosaur, Everest, Kali are out for him. We are mostly going to Animal Kingdom on our next trip to eat at Tusker House and see Festival of the Lion King.LOL.

We love the Muppet show, so we try to include at least a quick trip over to DHS. I keep wishing they'd move the show to the MK because otherwise DHS has never been a favorite of mine. I love animals, but I think AK is extremely hot in the summer. By that I mean the park just seems to hold the heat in, like it's suspended or something. There is not much of a breeze. In cooler months, I find it's much more enjoyable.

Hollywood Studios is DS favorite park after magic kingdom so we could never skip it. He's a character nut and a big Disney JR fan and there are a lot of characters at Hollywood Studios that you can't find in the other parks. We love a lot of the shows Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney JR live, etc. Toy Story Mania is Ds favorite ride in all of Walt Disney world besides Dumbo.

If you have younger kids you might want to consider eliminating Epcot instead. Other than the characters which can all be met in the other parks for the most part and the Nemo ride most of the other attractions aren't terribly exciting for little ones.

Last edited:
I wouldn't leave out any park, so my vote would be to for one day get park hoppers and do AK in the morning, then HS in the afternoon with park hoppers.

All 4 parks are great. However with the lack of rides at HS, it's really a half day park. AK has a lot to do, but you can do the majority in half a day as well.

I'd go AK with no FP's, then have FP's set up later at HS.

Animal kingdom

All the other resorts have worth rides and experiences.

I'm an annual pass holder and visit often, not like that will mean anything. But if you enjoy zoos. Then get up really early to visit the animals. Otherwise. Skip this park.

i would leave out AK.
i'm really not a fan of the park.
i only go once in a while since i don't like it that much so its very easy for me to skip it.

i'm not all that impressed with universal orlando anymore though either.
i went last july and i left at 1pm.
i used to go in the glory days and now its like unless you LOVE LOVE LOVE harry potter its not worth it in my opinio0n.

DHS. It's our least favorite, by far. I know a lot of people love it because there's thrill rides, but we live not far from Cedar Point (which has real thrill rides, if we were interested in that sort of thing).

Oh geez, I'm going to be the odd man out here - I would definitely choose AK over HS. I love them both, I love ALL the parks, but between those two, AK takes the cake for me. I am a HUGE animal person and the Safari alone is worth it for me, haha! I always really love the food and theming in AK as well. I think it just depends on what your family is into!

Like previous posters, I would have to say Animal Kingdom as well.. While I have grown to respect AK more over the years for it's incredible theming and of course animal experiences, I still feel that overall it offers the least value for a park visit due to the fact that it has the least amount of attractions, least amount of restaurants, and the most limited park hours.

DHS. It's our least favorite, by far. I know a lot of people love it because there's thrill rides, but we live not far from Cedar Point (which has real thrill rides, if we were interested in that sort of thing).

i love my thrill rides and i've been to cedar point a number of times but i'd still take disney any day over cedar point.
to me its quality over quantity.
and as compared to some of cedar point's thrill rides RNRC and TOT are as you put it "real" thrill rides.
just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about that.

We love HS, so it would definitely be AK. I find the park kind of clausterphobic and hard to navigate. Also not too many attractions that stand out except Lion King, Safari, and Everest. We were gonna to skip it next trip, but my kids still want to go :confused3

Although we love it and never skip it, we'd pick Animal Kingdom if we had to choose one to pass over.

AK. We usually do that every other trip. Could you do half day in one park and half in the other?

<<<< skipping HS this upcoming trip. I don't ride RNR AND TOT and there is only so much Indy and Stunt Show you can see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter