• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you HAD to choose one of these D names for a BOY

Which ?

• Donovan

• Davis

• David

• Dorian

• Declan

• Duncan

• Darcy

• Dashiell

• Dermot

• Diego

• Dominic

• Douglas

Results are only viewable after voting.
NMAmy said:
I like Darcy. Makes me think of Mr. Darcy. :love:

Me, too. :blush: I think that's why I like it so much.

My oldest DS is named Willoughby (and called Will half of the time). Mainly because of a personal connection, but also because of Sense and Sensibility. I know he was a cad, but I always thought he had a good heart. :)

I went with David only because it's a family name. Not crazy about any of those names, honestly. I like Derek or Darren the best.

I went with Douglas, but if it were my choice, I would go with Donald. It was my grandfather's name.

David or Douglas.

I knew a girl once named Darcy, so that has a feminine connotation for me.

Are all of these name choices for a book you're writing or what? ;)

BTW, how do you pronounce Declan? That's one I've never heard. Looks Scottish?

I'm sorry but I've never known a male named Darcy but I know several girls with that name. That doesn't mean much though because my youngest DS has a name that after starting school we started running into girls with the same name. It really hacks me off! Seems like along with several other trends that people are giving their girls traditional boys names.

Liberty Belle said:
How cool. Are you saying your name is Darcy?

Yes my name is Darcy. I also have a male cousin named Darcy. All of the females that I have met with the name have spelled it Darcie or D'Arcy.

shirleyb said:
BTW, how do you pronounce Declan? That's one I've never heard. Looks Scottish?

You pronouce it pretty much how it looks, Dec Lan, just soften the lan part a bit. It almost comes out as Declin. It is a Celtic name.

I always thought Douglas was sort of the male version of Ann - it would make a great middle name since it "goes" with just about every fiirst name (although I know someone is going to prove me wrong now!). I think Allen and Marie are the other 'all purpose' middle names.

I am NOT, repeate NOT having another kid, but I think Douglas would be a good name if I did. My DSs are Andrew & Nathan, and I think Andrew, Nathan & Douglas work well together (Drew, Nate & Doug).

JunieJay said:
From your list, I'd pick Dominic, which is my brother's name (although he goes by Nick).

Dominic is my DS8's name and we call him Nick. He prefers Dominic though. :goodvibes

I like Davis... but Duncan is a good old Scottish name!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter