If you had to choose for the Fantasmic package

hawgfan

Earning My Ears
which of the restaurants would you choose. It will be me,dh, my son age 4.

We chose Hollywood & Vine. Hollywood Brown Derby is 2xTS and ds (10) doesn't really care so much about eating somewhere that nice. DS loves Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's because he can go back as many times as he likes and try a wide variety of food, so Hollywood & Vine, being a buffet, seemed appealing. Also, Mama Melroses seemed nice enough, however, we are already having Italian at Tutto Italia at Epcot.

We've always gotten good food and excellent service at Mama Melrose. Brown Derby is just not worth 2 TS credits and all three times we've eaten there we've had very slow service. Food was OK though. Not great, just OK. Every time we've eaten at Hollywood and Vine both food and service has been really bad. It took us three tries before we finally gave up and decided they were not just having a bad night.:rotfl: I guess we are slow learners.:rotfl:

We tried Hollywood and Vine last year and were just not impressed. The selections were not that great on the buffet and the service was not stellar. This year we are going to try Mama Melrose. I agree with the previous poster that Brown Derby is nice, but not worth 2 dining credits.

For a 4 year old -- Hollywood and Vine or Mama Melrose. Either way the Fantasmic Package is the way to go!!

Mama Melrose's or Hollywood Brown Derby. One year we could only get Hollywood and Vine and we hated it. We've done the MM FDP 3 times and the HBD one three times and always loved them.

I tried to get MM FDP this trip (even with IPO booking it) and we weren't able to get it due to the limited Fantasmic showings. We went with HBD instead.

We have eaten there twice and had horrible meals each time..even my kids were complaining...don't choose this option..

My DH and I really enjoyed Mama Melrose on our last trip for the FDP. Everything about the food was great! Service was a little awkward but it was a shift change, so I wasn't really bothered.

Mama Melrose is the only way to go - Brown Derby isn't really worth 2 credits and Hollywood & Vine is just bad.

We did the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose 2 years ago and really liked it. My son was 23 months old at the time and he did fine and enjoyed his food. The service was ok but that can be hit or miss. We all had good food and over all it was a good experience. Good luck with your choice!

I have not been to Hollywood and Vine a long time but I remember not liking it too much. It was just ok. I remember Mama Melrose being very good. I am trying to get MM for August for the Fantasmic Dinner Package but its full. I have been calling back almost everyday and if I have to I will take H&V if that is available.

Good Luck. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter