If you had a choice..would you pick the East. or West. Caribbean?

CPM, I was only trying to point out that you only have to go to immigration on 1 day only.

You do not go at St. Martin or at CC.

inkkognito said:
Western all the way!!
I do like an extra sea day, but it is outweighed by that early morning immigration. Also, the Eastern seems geared to beaches; while I enjoy that, I prefer the more "active" ports on the Western. I love Key West, which is always so bustling with activity (and I've eaten the best guacamole in the world there at the sunset celebration...the Hemingway polydactyl cats are cool too). Snorkeling with the stingrays in Grand Cayman is something that everyone should do at least once in their lifetime, and I never, ever get tired of Cozumel because there is way too much to do there.
Barb

I'm sold!

Having never cruised, I originally chose the western, thinking Mexico would be a more exotic port, but ended up booking the eastern because of the dates. Now, I'm so happy it worked out this way, because I think having 3 ports-of-call in addition to CC, would be too much for me. I don't want to feel like it's too much squeezed into 7 days, get off the ship, get on the ship, get off the ship, etc. The extra sea day is very appealing.

musicgirl said:
CPM, I was only trying to point out that you only have to go to immigration on 1 day only.

You do not go at St. Martin or at CC.

Right, but for some people even that one day is a disruption. It may not always be as simple as you point out. My friends went on a cruyise where two couples refused to leave their cabins, until after two hours of having the entire ship wait for them to go to immigration they almost slammed their door in! EVERYONE on board has to go through, and no one can get off the ship until they do.
I've been to St Martin and St. Thomas. I think the beaches in Miami are just as nice. Just MY opinion.

Wow...all these responses have been great.

But I still can't decide. We are leaning towards the Eastern.

We want to see beautiful beaches/blue water and do a little shopping. We are not divers but some in our family do snorkel. I would love a little shopping but its not that big of deal.

We are not big drinkers on vacation, so party areas are not our thing either.

The water in Cozumel just looks so beautiful !! its hard to decide.

ps...we are not interested in extra days on the ship really. We like to be active. Thanks and keep the replies coming.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter