• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had 7.5 days at WDW how many days would you spend at each park?

3Gs4Me

Earning My Ears
We are going with 9, 7, and 5 year old kids. Two boys and a girl who is a total tomboy and is not interested in princesses. We are going Jan. 27th- Feb. 3rd (Wed-Wed).

I figured two days in MK and two days in Epcot. Any suggestions on how to divy up our days by the number of parks would be very helpful. We do not have hopper passes and I am trying to figure this out asap as I still have a few days of dining to reserve.

I personlly would do 3 days at MK, 2 at Epcot and one each for HS and AK. I think MK usually has evening EMH for resort guest on Sundays. (At least when we go it does) I would spend that day around the poll and then head ot the evening hours about 5 or so, catch Spectro if it is going on and stay as late as you can. We find, that one the EMH start, you can get alot done. DH doesn't care for AK, but I do like it, so we usually go, but don't make a full day of it. Also HS isn't one of my favorites, so we don't usually make a full day there either. So with a few half or 3/4 days at the park, we can also hit DTD for an hour or 2 on one day of the trip and check it out as well.
I also try to have our last park day at MK. And usually our first too. We enjoy that park the most, and it's one more look at the wonderful castle. I personhally have found when not having hoppers to not do many EMH days tho, with the exception of MK at night. The parks are really crowded on those days. We have done AK on evening hours, but arrived about 3 and then stayed later to do the few extras we wanted.
In 2007, our first trip as a family (I had been there in the 90's with my two older kids when I was a single mom and stayed off site) I actually scheduled most days for EMH days, and we arrived fairly early ( before noon at least) and the parks were so busy. And many times we didn't stay late because it was frustrating, and we got tired. I was really pushing us that year, and that was a big mistake. I found my DH and DD do better if they can sleep in and go at a slower pace.

One other thing. My DD is 5 now, and our last trip was in March,( she was 4), we have taken a trip in March in 2007, 08, and 09, and we found that pool time is really important to her. Even with all the parks and excitement all around the place, she still wants to have pool time. I was amazed at how obsessed she was about swimming daily. First trip was colder and we only did it once. but the last 2 trips it was hot and it was some of the best times for her on the trip. So be sure to know if that is something your kids want to do and make time for it. I think all this moeny to be here and for tickets and my kid wants to spend half a day in the pool? LOL! But that is a highlight for her.

I would do, and this is assuming you arent doing any down time, you want to GO GO GO !! I would do the 1/2 day at DTD checking it out. 2 days at MK 2 days at epcot, 1 each at DHS and AK and then the last day or some random day redo one that you REALLY liked or do nothing that last day :) That will be a ton though, so in the middle you may just want to forgo one of the days and kick back at the resort and recharge.

My kids love DS (favorite park) and I don't think that there is that much to do for small kids to enjoy at Epcot. I'd just be flexible.

We spend 7 days when we go, here is how we are breaking it down this time:

2 full days Magic Kingdom
1 full day DHS
1 full day Epcot
1 day Animal Kingdom
2 days off

Our arrival day we spend at DTD, hanging at the resort, swimming, etc. We also do another day off about midweek.

Just back from a trip with a 5 and 6 year old. We could have enjoyed 2 days at Epcot, 2-3 at MK, 1 at AK, and 1.5 at DHS. There were tons of rides/activities for my kids at Epcot. It was a long day for us and we missed a lot and never even got close to World Showcase. As for magic Kingdom, we didn't do much that was princess related (my daughter stood in line to meet them and went to BBB-while my son and DH were off riding rides) it was a small percentage of our MK time-we spent 2 full days at MK and a third would have been perfect.

Leave one day open on your plan, toward the end of your stay.

When that day arrives, poll the group and find out what they want to do the most. It might be revisiting a park to see favorite attractions again, it might be hanging out at the resort or doing something different.

If you have two adults, you might even consider splitting the group into two for part or all of the day.

2 days EPCOT
2 days Magic Kingdom
1 day Hollywood Studios
1 day Animal Kingdom
1.5 days free (hang out by pool and/or check out other resorts)

We would do 2 at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 at AK, 1.5 at DHS and 1 free. However we probably wouldn't spend full days at any of the parks but would spend a morning, leave and rest and then maybe go back or go to another park if we had hoppers. We'd also hit all four the first four days if possible and then adjust schedules as needed.

Thanks for your replies.

The main reason I want to get this down is so that I can make our ADR's.

My family is going to DW from Feb 3-10 so we have the same amount of time.
we are spending our time as follows:cool1:
Wed. DD for supper and hanging out and SHOP!!!:banana:
Thurs. MK
Fri. AK then Epcot for EMH
Sat. HS
Sun. Universal then MK for EMH
Mon. Ocean then some park when we return
Tues. Universal then swim at resort
Wed. Chill and Pack
My son and I were at DW a few years back and while we LOVED it.. I want to check out US/IOA and a quick trip to the Ocean is a MUST for us as we live in the midwest and the ocean view is few and far between;) unless you consider the Red River (when it is flooding) an ocean:rotfl2:
I think if you have a possible plan and then be flexible and go with the flow you can't go wrong!! You are at DISNEY:cool1:

We are going Jan 25 - Feb 1. We have hoppers but here's how we are breaking it down. It's the first trip for DD5 so we'll be flexible if need be, but we booked our ADRs to correspond with our park days.

Jan 25 - arrival - no parks - hang out at pool/resort
Jan 26 - MK (pool in afternoon if weather allows)
Jan 27 - DHS then hop to MK for Spectromagic
Jan 28 - Epcot (pool in evening)
Jan 29 - AK then hop to Epcot for supper & Illuminations
Jan 30 - MK (pool in afternoon)
Jan 31 -Epcot then hop to MK for Wishes
Feb 1 - Departure - no parks

I would do one of the four parks each of your first four days. I would make ADRs based on your doing MK, Epcot and DHS the other three days, but I would be open to that changing. If your kids absolutely love AK and want to go there instead of Epcot, then do it. You are not going at a super busy time of the year, so you may be able to change ADRs.

I also would schedule any non-park ADRs for the last three days to give you more flexibility in changing your schedule.

Are you not hopping?

I would have looked at it as 15 half-days, of which I would spend probably at least 4 each at MK and AK, 3 at Epcot, and 2 at DHS, then the other 2 doing whatever.

We are going with 9, 7, and 5 year old kids. Two boys and a girl who is a total tomboy and is not interested in princesses. We are going Jan. 27th- Feb. 3rd (Wed-Wed).

I figured two days in MK and two days in Epcot. Any suggestions on how to divy up our days by the number of parks would be very helpful. We do not have hopper passes and I am trying to figure this out asap as I still have a few days of dining to reserve.

Our family is similar, DD7.5 is into princesses, but is also my thrill rider, DS10 is NOT. DS4 is another thrill kid, but not into scary.

On our recent trip we had 7 glorious nights and a good part of both arrival and departure day. We spent our first partial day in MK, then a day at AK, a day at DHS, 2 days at EPCOT, 2 days at MK and our final partial day at MK. Sort of. :rotfl: Why do I say that? We'll we had hoppers so we spent the evening of AK day at DHS seeing Osbourne lights (not applicable to you, but maybe you would see Fantasmic?) Then we spent one evening of our MK days at Epcot for our Le Cellier ADR and Illuminations. DS4 was too pooped for Illuminations after a long day at Epcot, even after being on Test Track just moments before. :lmao:

Our original plan was to do Epcot the first night and to do whatever everyone wanted to do the last day, but MK was a walk from the Contemporary and the family favorite ride was Splash Mountain. :banana:

I'd say conserve the "extra" 1.5 days for what you are enjoying best and get your dining reservations at your resort or use counter service on those days. If you are on the DDP and need to "use up" an extra TS credit, try a dinner show. We didn't do one this trip ... Also, don't forget to plan some *down time* at the resort pool or just hanging out. You will (most likely) be a complete wreck if you try to go from 7 or 8 am until 8-10pm every day for a week. :scared1:

We are doing the same on our next trip. Sat-Sat and a good part of both arrival and departure days. I plan to do each park twice. AK doesn't take as much time so we'll do that on a shorter day if not both shorter days. EP is another good choice for a shorter morning (so you can do future world before leaving).

Whatever your family seems to like is good too. Hit a duplicate park for favorites upon arrival or leaving. It's Disney - no matter what you'll have a great time!

2 days at MK
2 days at Epcot
1 day at Universal
1 day at IOA
1 day at HS (MGM) (have to see Fantasmic)
1/2 day at Animal Kingdom

first of all I would definately do the park hopper. But assuming you will not I would

MK 2 days
Epcot 2 days
DHS 1.5 days
DAK 2 days

If you want a water park throw it in there on one day you leave DAK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter